PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Clyde

sirhc11
11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
This is a crazy situation on our hands here!! IF lets just say if Clyde beats Wylie then Clyde will go to the playoffs instead of the powerhouse Abilene Wylie. Considering this is a pretty big rivalry, at least in Clyde's eyes, I don't know if it is anymore in Wylie's, there could be some great stuff happen at this game. Clyde hasn't made the playoff since '96, and Wylie hasn't missed the playoffs since God knows when. How do ya'll think this one will end up.............................

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 09:44 AM
If Wylie is as mistake prone as they were last week the will not beat anyone. You cant make mistakes in bunches and win. Snyder was a good team and took advantage of the mistakes. Clyde isnt near as good but they will be jacked up to win this one. Wylie must get out in front early and take the wind out of Clyde's emotional sails.

pero chato
11-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Just two short years ago Clyde whipped Wylie 17-7. Last year Wylie made sure it didn't happen two years in a row and won 42-7. This year, who knows? I don't think Wylie will take Clyde lightly, nor should they. Clyde must of played a heck of a game against Sweetwater to battle to a close 20-13 loss. Both teams realize what's on the line here, and it will be closer than some think. I still take the home Bulldogs by 11, but if Wylie leaves their brains in the locker room like last week, then it could be the other Bulldogs on top! (Note to Snyder fans - yes your defense won the game, not taking anything away from their exceptional efforts -- just saying Wylie's mental errors put Snyder in a good position to take advantage and swing the momentum their way).

XWylieMom
11-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
Just two short years ago Clyde whipped Wylie 17-7. Last year Wylie made sure it didn't happen two years in a row and won 42-7. This year, who knows? I don't think Wylie will take Clyde lightly, nor should they. Clyde must of played a heck of a game against Sweetwater to battle to a close 20-13 loss. Both teams realize what's on the line here, and it will be closer than some think. I still take the home Bulldogs by 11, but if Wylie leaves their brains in the locker room like last week, then it could be the other Bulldogs on top! (Note to Snyder fans - yes your defense won the game, not taking anything away from their exceptional efforts -- just saying Wylie's mental errors put Snyder in a good position to take advantage and swing the momentum their way).

My hopes and prayers are with the DAWGS(Wylie) of course - I do know they played a sloppy game last week plus there were a few that were sick (not making excuses - just stating facts, so please do hang me out to dry).

I am sure Clyde will come into the game ready to play - but I have no doubt Sandifer has "helped" the Wylie boys learn from the mistakes of last week

XWylieMom
11-02-2005, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by XWylieMom
- just stating facts, so please do hang me out to dry).

yes I typed "do" - because I figured a few would jump on the chance anyway

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
clyde is a team that if you make mistakes and let them play with you then they will play..........clyde could very well pull this win off assuming that wylie makes the same mistakes as last week but i don't see it happening......either way it doesn't effect me but i would like to make this game....

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
clyde is a team that if you make mistakes and let them play with you then they will play..........clyde could very well pull this win off assuming that wylie makes the same mistakes as last week but i don't see it happening......either way it doesn't effect me but i would like to make this game....

yeah the chances of Wylie having 5 turnovers 2 weeks in a row would be slim to none. I can think of times where Wylie may go multiple games with a lot of penalties (i.e. last year when we our OL was ALWAYS offsides/holding in the 1st quarter) but am hard pressed to think of Wylie having 2 games with 5 turnovers.

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah the chances of Wylie having 5 turnovers 2 weeks in a row would be slim to none. I can think of times where Wylie may go multiple games with a lot of penalties (i.e. last year when we our OL was ALWAYS offsides/holding in the 1st quarter) but am hard pressed to think of Wylie having 2 games with 5 turnovers.

yeah...like i said i don't see it happening....but anything can happen on a friday night....like we saw last week.....would rather have yall won district than be tied with snyder......either way......hope yall pull the W

Black_Magic
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
yeah...like i said i don't see it happening....but anything can happen on a friday night....like we saw last week.....would rather have yall won district than be tied with snyder......either way......hope yall pull the W you impress folks more and more with every post:thumbsup:

pero chato
11-02-2005, 01:49 PM
yeah...like i said i don't see it happening....but anything can happen on a friday night....like we saw last week.....would rather have yall won district than be tied with snyder......either way......hope yall pull the W

With three teams going to the playoffs, and then two state champs, winning district just doesn't mean as much as it used to.

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
With three teams going to the playoffs, and then two state champs, winning district just doesn't mean as much as it used to.

no kidding.....i would like wylie to win D1 state and either us or snyder to win D2.......and yes blacky i supported snyder when yall played gilmer last year but gilmer came ready to play!!!........did you know blacky that gilmer sent us a letter saying that they wanted us to play them this year instead of yall because we would have given them a closer and better game than yall!!!

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
you impress folks more and more with every post:thumbsup:

and you have yet to impress ANYBODY with your posts!!! ;) ;)

PlayaJBiehl20
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
If Wylie plays like they did against Snyder and Clyde like they did in the second half against Sweetwater then Clyde can win.

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
If Wylie plays like they did against Snyder and Clyde like they did in the second half against Sweetwater then Clyde can win.

Notice that Clyde had a good 1st half against Snyder and a good 2nd half against Sweetwater. They just can't put it together for an entire game....

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 01:58 PM

i totally agree.....clyde came back and i was getting worried in the 2nd half against us!!!......either way i don't see clyde winning this one....but any given friday night....thats what i hear anyways!!

pero chato
11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
i totally agree.....clyde came back and i was getting worried in the 2nd half against us!!!......either way i don't see clyde winning this one....but any given friday night....thats what i hear anyways!!

True, true. Did you know that the son of Sweetwater's legendary coach Tom Ritchey is one of the Clyde assistants?

Black_Magic
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
and you have yet to impress ANYBODY with your posts!!! ;) ;) Wondering... Do you have any Idea why Wylie Refused to go over to Snyders sideline for the playing of the Snyder school song after the game ( Like Snyder did during Wylies school song)?? Did it hurt that bad or or what?

pero chato
11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Wondering... Do you have any Idea why Wylie Refused to go over to Snyders sideline for the playing of the Snyder school song after the game ( Like Snyder did during Wylies school song)?? Did it hurt that bad or or what?

This is still a relatively new concept for the Wylie folks. For the most part, not many other teams that Wylie has played practices this routine. But they should have returned the respect that Snyder showed and it's a shame that they didn't. And yes, dang it, it really hurts to lose in the final minutes of the game - AGAIN!

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Wondering... Do you have any Idea why Wylie Refused to go over to Snyders sideline for the playing of the Snyder school song after the game ( Like Snyder did during Wylies school song)?? Did it hurt that bad or or what?

Wasn't there...so I don't really know...and quite frankly i'm not really big on the idea. Not sure why...just doesn't do it fo rme. Not trying to be negative or anything...it just doesn't

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
If Snyder did it for Wylies playing then perhaps Wylie should have reciprocated. Good thing it doesnt really matter however.

SnyderMom
11-02-2005, 04:28 PM
no kidding.....i would like wylie to win D1 state and either us or snyder to win D2.......and yes blacky i supported snyder when yall played gilmer last year but gilmer came ready to play!!!........did you know blacky that gilmer sent us a letter saying that they wanted us to play them this year instead of yall because we would have given them a closer and better game than yall!!!

where in the heck do you get your information????

SnyderMom
11-02-2005, 04:29 PM
This is still a relatively new concept for the Wylie folks. For the most part, not many other teams that Wylie has played practices this routine. But they should have returned the respect that Snyder showed and it's a shame that they didn't. And yes, dang it, it really hurts to lose in the final minutes of the game - AGAIN!

The funny thing is, is that Wylie did it last year AT wylie...so I don't see why this year is any different.

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom
The funny thing is, is that Wylie did it last year AT wylie...so I don't see why this year is any different.

because it gives us something to talk about on the DL...GAH!!!

pero chato
11-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom

I don't either. Like I said, they should have reciprocated, and it's a shame they didn't.

SnyderMom
11-02-2005, 05:01 PM
because it gives us something to talk about on the DL...GAH!!!

Great answer...you shut me up!! That says a lot!! hehehehe

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Clyde is not a bad football team. I think their offense operates like Wylie with a even mix of run and pass. I'm not sure that they use as many formations but they are decent. 5 turnovers is terrible. I'm with Adidas not 2 weeks in a row. And unless that happens Wylie will win this game.

Vernon let Clyde hang around too when they should have put the game away.

Mustang2019
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure I understand...if Clyde beats Wylie they will both have 2 losses and 2 wins so wouldn't they be tied.....how would Clyde go the playoffs? Can someone explain please.

eagles_victory
11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
If Wylie plays like they did against Snyder and Clyde like they did in the second half against Sweetwater then Clyde can win. Don't you play for Clyde

injuredinmelee
11-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Mustang2019
I'm not sure I understand...if Clyde beats Wylie they will both have 2 losses and 2 wins so wouldn't they be tied.....how would Clyde go the playoffs? Can someone explain please.
Clyde would have the tiebreaker i assume. Unless there is a pont system in place to decide in ties.

mustang04
11-03-2005, 04:16 PM
clyde would go because they would have the head-to-head win over wylie....

Adidas410s
11-03-2005, 04:36 PM
the only way that any kind of point system would kick in is if Wylie and Sweeetwater both lost. It would look something like this:

Wylie +14 (SW) and - ??
Sweetwater -14 (WY) and +7 (CL) = -7
Clyde (-7) and + ?? (WY)

In this scenario...Wylie goes regardless of what they lose by because the lowest score they could get to is 0 points with a 14+ pt loss to Clyde and Clyde would also get in. Even with a 1 point win against Wylie Clyde would be at -6 and still be ahead of Sweetwater. So theoretically it is possible for Sweetwater to still miss the playoffs. For all 3 of these teams, it is win and you are in, lose and you go play basketball.

Mustang2019
11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
o.k....I got it now....thanks for the info.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Wouldn't that scenario be crazy.

Adidas410s
11-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Wouldn't that scenario be crazy.
yeah but I doubt it happening. The odds of Wylie losing...I would say 5%. The odds of Sweetwater losing...I would say about 1%. The odds of BOTH of them losing to Clyde and Merkel on the same night...I would run about 500 to 1 odds on that scenario! Sure glad Halloween has already passed and Wylie has gotten past the dreaded Halloween game...on the road that has always been a strange game for us with weird things happening...just like last Friday! :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Clyde would have the tiebreaker i assume. Unless there is a pont system in place to decide in ties. If Clyde win tonight they are in. 2-2 , wylie would be 2-2 but head to head Clyde would have won.

WitchyWoman
11-04-2005, 10:01 AM
yeah but I doubt it happening. The odds of Wylie losing...I would say 5%. The odds of Sweetwater losing...I would say about 1%. The odds of BOTH of them losing to Clyde and Merkel on the same night...I would run about 500 to 1 odds on that scenario! Sure glad Halloween has already passed and Wylie has gotten past the dreaded Halloween game...on the road that has always been a strange game for us with weird things happening...just like last Friday! :rolleyes:

LOL yeah whatever..... you mean like a really good team that capitalized on all of your mistakes??? Your right that's just too too weird :D

sweetwater07
11-04-2005, 01:17 PM
i really doubt that clyde will win but if they do that would be really crazy.................i will say wylie-35 clyde-14...........

TPlinebacker53
11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

i agree with that

keenoace
11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Crazy things have happened. But I think Wylie pulls it off. Clyde wins I guess we will be going DI (Snyder) Good Luck to all in the Playoffs.