PDA

View Full Version : The WOS web site

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
I have been looking at the WOS website. I was actually shocked to read from their own fans but they are doom and gloom over there. I think this is still going to be a heck of a game.......beasley or no beasley. Injuries are just apart of football. Of course I think it swings the pendulum in a big way to have Thomas and Beasley out of the picture, but I was pretty surprised to read from their own fans a hint of desperation. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen WOS fans down on their team.

wos fan1
11-01-2005, 11:05 PM
:eek:

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
It's not that we're down on our team, just upset. Not having Thomas on defense will really hurt. Hell it hurt in the OF game.
The part I was referring to was once you guys found out Beasely wasn't playing. There were alot of posters on there that appeared to throw in the towel. I really do not think that is the case. I just have never seen WOS fan do that. It just really surprised me.

WOS1
11-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Is this another one of your ploys here Par? I haven't seen anything like what you're saying over there. Most of what I read is that everyone thinks we're still going to win. I think you WANT to believe we are more worried about this game than we really are. Sure, it's a big game, but no more so than Nederland, Jasper or Bay City were. I assure you there is no "desperation" in the WO-S camp, with or without Beasley.

WOS92
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
There's no desperation, but, if you perceived it, thank you for throwing it in our faces. Very classy.

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 01:08 PM
You guys pulled the thread so noone can read it now, but there was even a WOS poster who got on there and just "went off". To paraphrase he was like.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS. He started ranting at how people were doom and gloom. He started giving like a coach pep talk. Another guy started saying how sick he was. Others were like....."this is not good". I certainly don't think I read that wrong. I have just never seen it before. Sorry for the observation.

WOS92
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
You've probably never seen it before because you visited the site for the first time YESTERDAY. Yes, after huge games against teams like LaMarque, Bay City, Ennis, Calallen, Friendswood, Nederland, PN-G, Ozen, Newton and Jasper over the years, THIS is the FIRST TIME anyone on that board has sounded concerned about a game - Bridge City. Of course, most teams would not sound concerned about a game when their two biggest stars were not going to play. You wouldn't feel sick if Dishon and Armand were out against WO-S? Our two best players might be out for the DC game and the first playoff game, and you perceive "This is not good" as desperate. :rolleyes: Get a clue.

I just checked the BC board. There have only been two posts since early Monday, and those - one of which is from a WO-S poster - were posted in the last two hours. Either not a lot of support or computer access on that side of the bridge. Folks there seem EXCITED! :rolleyes:

3ABirdMan
11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
.........I just checked the BC board. There have only been two posts since early Monday, and those - one of which is from a WO-S poster - were posted in the last two hours. Either not a lot of support or computer access on that side of the bridge. Folks there seem EXCITED! :rolleyes:

How did you get on? Every time I have tried to log on for the past 2 days, there is a message on the main screen that says the site is down due to server failure?

DUE TO A SERVER FAILURE - ALL FEATURES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED. I WILL BE IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING THE WEBSITE TO ANOTHER SERVER THIS WEEK. I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO GET A FULL BACKUP OF THE WEBSITE, OTHERWISE, I'LL HAVE TO USE MY LAST BACKUP FROM BEFORE RITA.

Bridge City Cardinals Web Site (http://www.trianglefootball.net/)

WOS92
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
It's up. Check your link. Maybe you should refresh. It was up yesterday when I checked.

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Is this another one of your ploys here Par? I haven't seen anything like what you're saying over there.

You guys deleted it all. No ploy, I have no agenda. I was just rather surprised. Everyone knows you guys have a quality team, it just seemed that some WOS fans got really down and had a few decentions in the ranks.