PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans = 3A Div I State Champs!

Chris Hart
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I think the Texans have what it takes to win the title this year, and I think they will. I expect them to face WOS in the semis, and either Gainesville/Abilene Wylie in the championship. I don't think they will be tested in the Reg IV playoffs. They have one of the best 3A defenses I have ever seen. Their offense is talented, but yet to find their groove. I expect both units to get better as the year continues. If the offense ever starts playing like they're capable of playing, the Texans are gonna be a scary team. I know the playoffs haven't even started, but I'm going out on a limb and predicting the Wimberley Texans to win the Div I State Championship.

Thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Hupernikomen
11-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I think the Texans have what it takes to win the title this year, and I think they will. I expect them to face WOS in the semis, and either Gainesville/Abilene Wylie in the championship. I don't think they will be tested in the Reg IV playoffs. They have one of the best 3A defenses I have ever seen. Their offense is talented, but yet to find their groove. I expect both units to get better as the year continues. If the offense ever starts playing like they're capable of playing, the Texans are gonna be a scary team. I know the playoffs haven't even started, but I'm going out on a limb and predicting the Wimberley Texans to win the Div I State Championship.

Yeah they are awesome every year in volleyball and probably have a great shot to repeat...but it is Silsbee or BH that they will have to beat before the title game not WO-S (I don't think they are very good in Volleyball).

ro_tex_solja
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah they are awesome....i think they have an excellent shot at winning d1...im glad we dont play them this year again....lol...i want them to win it all in d1

PlayaJBiehl20
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
You never know. At the start of last season Abilene Wylie wasn't at the top of anybodys poll and they won it. Not to say that Wimberley won't because I can't predict the future but I wouldn't count anybody else out. (How is Coach Nelms doing?)

Gobbla2001
11-01-2005, 09:11 PM
They need to play better than they did against Luling this year in order to win it all (I saw Luling play, was shocked a Wimberly team that is talked so highly of would play such a close game with them, not disrespecting Luling under their new administration etc,,,)...

I think West Columbia will give them a better test in round 2 than any of you think, and if advancing to round 3 they would have a better test against Sinton than you'd think...

Gobbla2001
11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
This just in, letters have been sent out to West Columbia, Sinton, Hondo, Gonzales and the rest of the division 1 qualifying teams stating that the Region 4 quarter of the division 1 playoffs has been cancelled, Wimberly is awaiting the winner of the division 1 Region 3 bracket...

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2005, 09:20 PM
I think they have the defense to go far, but if they meet a tougher one or get the penalties they did against us, then I can certainly see them having problems.

44INAROW
11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
This just in, letters have been sent out to West Columbia, Sinton, Hondo, Gonzales and the rest of the division 1 qualifying teams stating that the Region 4 quarter of the division 1 playoffs has been cancelled, Wimberly is awaiting the winner of the division 1 Region 3 bracket...

You've been reading other forums haven't you? :) I forget which forum I saw it on, but one of them referred to Wimberley as "smooth sailing" until the finals..........
:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Any given Friday. It would be nice to see Coach Nelms win one though.

JR2004
11-01-2005, 11:57 PM
I'd say that I'll pick Gainesville to win the D1 title and that it'll come against whoever makes it out of Region III.

neck_94
11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Darn, I was looking foward to playing GONZALES in the first round...
But now that wimberlie has won it all...
I guess I will have to get out the golf clubs before it gets too cold.

sweetwater07
11-02-2005, 08:52 AM
either gainesville or wylie for the title of state champs......

SINTON81
11-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Even if Wimberley is going to win it all, We in Sinton would still like to play the first round of the playoffs and go from there.:D :D

briefcase
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I think you are going to get spanked with that same limb you are going out on. Wimberly WILL NOT win state. You can take that to the bank.:doh:

RiverRat19
11-02-2005, 10:58 AM
There is a good chance that I'll be going there Friday to watch the Texans v. Llano. If they held LH to 9 and scored 26 on them, then they are good.

Of course, at this time of year it's all about staying healthy and peaking. If some good team is playing well and peaks in the playoffs without much drop off after that, that team has a great chance to win it all. They play the games to see exactly who that will be.

big daddy russ
11-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
I think you are going to get spanked with that same limb you are going out on. Wimberly WILL NOT win state. You can take that to the bank.:doh:
From everything I've heard, Wimberley, Sinton and West Columbia are all on about the same level.... right there with WO-S, Abilene Wylie and Gainesville as the top teams in D1.

I'm not going to step out on that first limb and say that they will win it, but that second limb (Wimberley WILL NOT win state) looks just as shaky.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
last 4 state championship games has been represented by Region 4 div 1 Teams Sinton,Burnet,Burnet and Cuero none came out with a championsip. look for it to be region 4 representative again hopefully the win one this time and a plus if its Sinton:D

gobblerfan02
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM

Thoughts? Agree or disagree? Not one team can guarantee to go deep in the playoffs by overlooking their opponents. I still think Gonzales might be a scary first round opponent for the necks! And I think that the Necks, Texans, and Pirates all have a good chance to win Reg. IV D1, but don't count out everyone else just yet.....there are ALWAYS surprises! I still think Cuero will have a tough time getting out of our Reg. in DII!

PHS Wildcats
11-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Let's not forget Palestine, The finally have there QB back and the offense is very explosive as well as their defense.

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
last 4 state championship games has been represented by Region 4 div 1 Teams Sinton,Burnet,Burnet and Cuero none came out with a championsip. look for it to be region 4 representative again hopefully the win one this time and a plus if its Sinton:D

5 of 6...
Mathis in 99...
wait, did Bandera go in 00?

Gobbla2001
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
5 of 6...
Mathis in 99...
wait, did Bandera go in 00?

I believe Bandera was D1 in '00 but lost to Gatesville, the eventual State Champ, in the semi's...

But I'll give you 6-7... Cuero in '98...

HighSchool Fan
11-03-2005, 07:12 AM

looks like region 4 has lots of bridsmades :D j/k

Chris Hart
12-03-2005, 06:57 PM

Thoughts? Agree or disagree? It looks like I might just end up being right on the money with this one. One more step for the Texans. Go Texans!:)

olddawggreen
12-03-2005, 08:12 PM
It looks like I might just end up being right on the money with this one. One more step for the Texans. Go Texans!:)

Your getting real close Chris, I hope you turn out to be 100% right! I just hope they dont play Gainesville in their back yard at Texas Stadium. :eek:

KingRob
12-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I think you might be on to something. With Cuero (Wimberley's playoff nemisis out of the way) in D2. Wimberly will win state.

GOOD LUCK TEXANS!

Chris Hart
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I think you might be on to something. With Cuero (Wimberley's playoff nemisis out of the way) in D2. Wimberly will win state.

GOOD LUCK TEXANS! I don't think it would've mattered to the Texans, but I'm glad it worked out this way, because I do think Wimberley and Cuero are the two best teams in 3A this year. That gives the best oppurtunity to bring both the trophies home to Reg IV.

KingRob
12-03-2005, 08:54 PM
I have predicted this from the start of the playoffs, it is Wimberley's year! (Notice I spelled it correctly).

Good Luck Texans! The first state appearance is always the best!!

gold_33
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Your getting real close Chris, I hope you turn out to be 100% right! I just hope they dont play Gainesville in their back yard at Texas Stadium. :eek:

I believe if Wimberley plays Gainesville it will be in Waco from what i've heard.

MonkeyJoe7
12-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Waco ISD Stadium
6:30 Saturday night.

Jody
12-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Wimberley will win state.

44INAROW
GO WIMBERLEY - :)

MonkeyJoe7
Originally posted by Jody
Wimberley will win state.
dont get your hopes up...

Jody
12-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MonkeyJoe7
dont get your hopes up...

I have no stake in this, but after seeing their defense, no doubt about it. Div-1 State Champions.

MonkeyJoe7
12-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Gainesville has a good D too...

Jody
12-03-2005, 10:44 PM

Have not seen them, but I hear good things. Will be a great game.

MonkeyJoe7
12-03-2005, 10:45 PM
well it would be a good game...but gainesville still has to play a good 2nd half against a fast LE team before i go talking about WimberleyvsGainesville

Necked
12-03-2005, 10:51 PM

Both Columbia & WOS had playoff caliber defenses too, and they got pummeled by 114 points combined...

Crimestick
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
So, Jody, what you're saying is that if they can limit WO-S to 29 points and 400 yards, they're State Champion material?
THANKS!

hondowl2004
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM

Gobbla2001
what is this about. I haven't logged in since Hondo lost.

Thanks

SintonFan
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by hondowl2004
Gobbla2001
what is this about. I haven't logged in since Hondo lost.

Thanks
He was being sarcastic.:p
Looks like you hit the nail on the head Chris.;)

HM33
12-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Like I said in the other thread. Congrats Wimberly!!!

WORM
12-11-2005, 02:20 AM
gobble gobble you people talk the talk all year but you didn't walk the walk! i was just getting to be friend the old town of cuero and their fans on this site till i had to read this again! you people owe some appoligies! WIMBERLEY TEXANS undisputed #1 team in class 3a!

44INAROW
12-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by WORM
gobble gobble you people talk the talk all year but you didn't walk the walk! i was just getting to be friend the old town of cuero and their fans on this site till i had to read this again! you people owe some appoligies! WIMBERLEY TEXANS undisputed #1 team in class 3a!
DAYM worm,, I was just going to say Congrats again........

:rolleyes:

HM33
12-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Looks like someone else needs to give an apology. :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2005, 04:41 AM

yes it can be disputed as the div 2 team can lay claim to that also:D :D :D :D :D

SintonFan
12-11-2005, 04:46 AM
yes it can be disputed as the div 2 team can lay claim to that also:D :D :D :D :D
lol :thumbsup:

MonkeyJoe7
12-11-2005, 11:09 AM
congrats to wimberley