PDA

View Full Version : moye loses appeal

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Results of UIL Exec. Cmte. Meeting (Moye loses appeal)

November 1, 2005

UIL State Executive Committee Meeting Results

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX ‹ Four student athletes were deemed ineligible for varsity
athletics, and two appeals to overturn forfeitures were denied due to
decisions handed down by the State Executive Committee of the
University Interscholastic League on Tuesday.

Student athletes from the following high schools were determined to be
ineligible for varsity athletics for changing schools for athletic purposes:

* Buffalo High School
* Warren High School
* Nacogdoches Central Heights High School
* Diboll High School

Additionally, the State Executive Committee denied requests from
Whitehouse High School and Anthony High School for the exception to the automatic forfeiture rule. Both schools were seeking to have football game
victories that were forfeited for allowing an ineligible player to participate to
be overturned.

In other action, Dallas I Am That I Am Academy was suspended from
participation in football for two years and given a two-year probation
for UIL rule violations.

Adidas410s
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
so can he still play in Jasper...do they still want him back...and if he can't play is it just for football or for all sports?

Pmoney
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
thats crap.....

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
sad situation

Buccaneer
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Dallas I Am That I Am , say it isn't true!

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

i LOVE the name of that school

44INAROW
11-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

In other action, Dallas I Am That I Am Academy was suspended from
participation in football for two years and given a two-year probation
for UIL rule violations.

I wonder what the story is on this?
Story #1 - what's up with that name?
Story #2 - what did they do to get suspended?

3afan
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

its true - LINK (http://www.charterstexas.org/ct_schools/details.php?id=214)

GS#17
11-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, I believe they were originally called "Sam I Am Academy," but after the infamous Green Eggs and Ham cafeteria uprising, they changed their name...

eagles_victory
11-01-2005, 06:52 PM
There one of the worst teams in the state. But last year they were playing Wortham and a kid from Wortham intercepted a pass and was running it back for a touchdown when he was blindsided by an I am player that came off the bench to make the tackle. After that they had to call that game. I am sure situations like that had something to do with it.

Hupernikomen
11-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
so can he still play in Jasper...do they still want him back...and if he can't play is it just for football or for all sports?

Moye will always be welcome in Jasper. We hated to see him go.

j_dog
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Moye will always be welcome in Jasper. We hated to see him go.
Agreed. And everyone else who didn't make it back from the storm is welcome also. :) It is PLAYOFF time!

sicem74
11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
its his fault nope nope he cant come back

wildkat0507
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
OOO so its his fault that the house that he was living in got ruined by a hurricane....yeah like he could have prevented that from happening......

Hupernikomen
11-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
OOO so its his fault that the house that he was living in got ruined by a hurricane....yeah like he could have prevented that from happening......

He was being sarcastic I believe. Cameron and others who might have to face Jasper are hoping he doesn't come back...at least if I was a 3A Div. II team that is how I would feel.

GS#17
11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
There's no way he can come back to Jasper at this point. I thought his appeal to play in Diboll centered around the concept that he had no available options that allowed him to live in Jasper.

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 09:07 PM
He was being sarcastic I believe. Cameron and others who might have to face Jasper are hoping he doesn't come back...at least if I was a 3A Div. II team that is how I would feel. this is hypothetical. but say he did come back. what would you do with him? how would he be recieved by teamates? evidently you have a qb that was good enough to get you in playoffs. just points to ponder. i think if it was me i would have a hard time putting him back at qb, but on the other hand, i would certainly be trying to figure out how to get the ball in his hands.

Bandera YaYa
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Man, what a bunch of crud! This is high school football people...it's not who gets to discover a cure for cancer!!!! Geesshhhhh......talk about stupidity! Let the young man play the game!!! :rolleyes:

sicem74
11-01-2005, 09:13 PM
He was being sarcastic I believe. Cameron and others who might have to face Jasper are hoping he doesn't come back...at least if I was a 3A Div. II team that is how I would feel. :thinking:

j_dog
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
this is hypothetical. but say he did come back. what would you do with him? how would he be recieved by teamates? evidently you have a qb that was good enough to get you in playoffs. just points to ponder. i think if it was me i would have a hard time putting him back at qb, but on the other hand, i would certainly be trying to figure out how to get the ball in his hands.
Jasper used three QB's all at the same time last year and did quite well with it, so they surely could handle just two with the stature of these players. And there are other ways to get the ball in his hands.

I truly feel sorry for Gilbert. I think he got some bad advice and now he is the one paying for it. I am surprised that the article said that he is ineligible for "Varsity Athletics" period. Does that truly mean no exceptions, like for basketball at Diboll? Or no football next year? If that is the case he is in truly a very difficult situation. Surely there will be a way for him to extract himself from this; I certainly hope so.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
I am surprised that the article said that he is ineligible for "Varsity Athletics" period. Does that truly mean no exceptions, like for basketball at Diboll? Or no football next year?

I'm certainly no expert on UIL, but I try to at least be somewhat informed. Most likely, he will have to sit out one year of varsity athletics and would be eligible to play next fall.

JasperDog94
11-02-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
I truly feel sorry for Gilbert. I think he got some bad advice and now he is the one paying for it. Now you're getting somewhere...

HPLJ6L
11-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Let me get this straight, a 16 or 17 year old kid cannot play football, after his home was destroyed by a hurricane and he had to move somewhere else, because some grown adults can't agree? Of course he moved for athletic purposes, he wanted to play football and at the time Jasper didn't even have school much less athletics. We should feel sad for this kid, who knows what his future could have been. Isn't that the point of all this anyway? I thought coaching was about helping kids grow forward, not holding them back. Let him play.

JasperDog94
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
I thought coaching was about helping kids grow forward, not holding them back. Let him play. Unfortunately there was a coach (or coaches) that gave Moye some bad advice. Not naming names, but he was definitely recruited. This is more of a punishment for a football program than it is a punishment for Moye. He just seems to be the innocent bystander.

Hupernikomen
11-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Let me get this straight, a 16 or 17 year old kid cannot play football, after his home was destroyed by a hurricane and he had to move somewhere else, because some grown adults can't agree? Of course he moved for athletic purposes, he wanted to play football and at the time Jasper didn't even have school much less athletics. We should feel sad for this kid, who knows what his future could have been. Isn't that the point of all this anyway? I thought coaching was about helping kids grow forward, not holding them back. Let him play.

Its not about him playing..it is about him playing where the UIL says he is eligible to play. Living in Lufkin and playing in Diboll is not allowed. Measures were taking to correct this but the UIL didn't accepted it. Sad situation for a tremendous athlete.

Tiger90
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
This is kinda like that Ashton Hall kid last year who wanted to leave Kountze to play bball in Silsbee. His family lived in Silsbee, had the bills to prove it. He was having to travel to Kountze to go to school. Kountze was coming off of a state championship season while Silsbee was barely.500. Kountze refused to release the kid saying athletic purposes. It goes to Austin where they side with Kountze. In order to play bball, he had to return to Kountze and get this.....pay tuition since he was NOT a resident of Kountze. The UIL ruled in favor going against their own rule. Politics from a local school and certain state organization had an unfortunate role. In the end Kountze repeated, Silsbee was 1 game from Austin, and the kid got a D1 scholarship.:clap:

89JDAWG
11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
He could play now for Lufkin and get more exposure.

handNthedirt
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
be expecting the same recruiting allegations from a high school whose coach was recently in the headlines, for reasons other than recruiting.

JasperDog94
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
It's a shame that Moye got caught up in all of this. He just got some bad advice from the wrong people.

HPLJ6L
11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Maybe the Diboll guys recruited him, maybe not. Either way he can't to go back to Jasper. Whats right is right and if it was a case of recruiting then good, punish the program. The kid should not have to suffer in this case. The Diboll coach is still in football, he was the one who was wrong if he was recruiting. The coaches in Jasper who would not release him, they are still in football. The only one losing is Moye.

Bulldog_12
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Maybe the Diboll guys recruited him, maybe not. Either way he can't to go back to Jasper. Whats right is right and if it was a case of recruiting then good, punish the program. The kid should not have to suffer in this case. The Diboll coach is still in football, he was the one who was wrong if he was recruiting. The coaches in Jasper who would not release him, they are still in football. The only one losing is Moye.

I dont think you are getting this. Its not up to Jasper releasing him. First is goes to the district, they denied it due to rules. Then it went to Austin, denied due to rules. Jasper releasing Moye has nothing to do with the situation.

HPLJ6L
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I dont think you are getting this. Its not up to Jasper releasing him. First is goes to the district, they denied it due to rules. Then it went to Austin, denied due to rules. Jasper releasing Moye has nothing to do with the situation.

no-I do get it. But the coaches who are keeping this kid off the field don't. And don't give me this district crap, bottom line if Jasper Athletics approves the deal then this kid is on the field right now it happens all the time in our state. They didn't, so the district didn't, so Austin didn't. But nevermind that I just want to see the people involved get theirs instead of this kid losing out. My gripe is about how we deal with these kind of issues. The coach should lose just as much as the kid, then you wouldn't have coaches doing this sort of crap.

JasperDog94
11-02-2005, 03:57 PM
no-I do get it. But the coaches who are keeping this kid off the field don't. And don't give me this district crap, bottom line if Jasper Athletics approves the deal then this kid is on the field right now it happens all the time in our state. They didn't, so the district didn't, so Austin didn't. But nevermind that I just want to see the people involved get theirs instead of this kid losing out. My gripe is about how we deal with these kind of issues. The coach should lose just as much as the kid, then you wouldn't have coaches doing this sort of crap. Wrong. Dibol's district has to approve Moye's transfer and they didn't. The only reason that paperwork wasn't initially signed by Jasper is because they weren't back in school when the original request was made.

HPLJ6L
11-02-2005, 04:00 PM
So, then the right thing to do is for the kid to lose a year.

JasperDog94
11-02-2005, 04:06 PM
So, then the right thing to do is for the kid to lose a year. You just don't get it do you? All I'm trying to say is that Jasper is not at fault here. You're trying to blame all the schools involved when there's only one that's at fault. Moye shouldn't lose a year of football for listening to bad advice from Diboll. But, that seems to be what's happening. It's tragic for him and feel for him, but don't color every school with the same brush.

HPLJ6L
11-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Again, if the coach had as much to lose as the kid, this would have never happened.
Punish the program.

JasperDog94
11-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Again, if the coach had as much to lose as the kid, this would have never happened.
Punish the program. Diboll, yes.

WoodvilleFan
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Bad deal for Moye. He will be out of varsity athletics until the fourth week of the 06 football season unless he returns to Jasper. The UIL will allow an ineligible transfer to return to the original school.

theyoefnshow
11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Cameron is hoping? I think not. I was disapointed to see Jasper struggling this year because I'm BEGGING for a rematch. Last year, Cameron gave Jasper their toughest game all season and they know it. Even more so than the state Final. That last TD they got was a gimmie w/ a minute to go after we had thrown an interception in the endzone. Final score was 20-7 and at that point it was 13-7. Had we scored instead of the int, it'd been Cameron 14-13 w/ a little over a minute to go. So to say I would love a rematch w/ Jasper at full power is an understatement.

bulldogbark
11-02-2005, 07:53 PM
and if Elephants had wings they could fly.....wait dumbo can fly. isnt an interception part of a football game....I thought so...:D

j_dog
11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
and if Elephants had wings they could fly.....wait dumbo can fly. isnt an interception part of a football game....I thought so...:D
No Bark, there you u go! In Yoe land, only offensive stats count. Those six or so interceptions Jasper had, does not count. Repeat after me, does not count. does not count. does not count. ................. :p But, hey, I would love to see a rematch also! :)

ok, let's say that was Jasper's toughest game all year. But I suppose it was NOT Yoe's toughest? :confused: :thinking:

bulldogbark
11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Must repeat "does not count" "does not count" only things Yoemen do are right ,,, Does not count:D :D :D

theyoefnshow
11-02-2005, 08:50 PM
nobody said it wasn't our toughest game but we aren't the ones banking on one player to make or break our season this year. As you were able to see, we lost our superstar starting QB and came back from a 20 point deficit without much problem to win a game. Sure the 4 other INTs that game counted but wouldn't the one that took place in the endzone have a little more emphasis? Eh, forget it. We'll deal with you boys in round 3 if you make it that far.

bulldogbark
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
who has one player anymore,,, ??? get updated before you YOE this way take a look at our stats on www.jasper-bulldogs.com and tell me if you can pick one player out...now go ahead and do that,, while I repeat,,, does not count does not count.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

Hupernikomen
11-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Cameron is hoping? I think not. I was disapointed to see Jasper struggling this year because I'm BEGGING for a rematch. Last year, Cameron gave Jasper their toughest game all season and they know it. Even more so than the state Final. That last TD they got was a gimmie w/ a minute to go after we had thrown an interception in the endzone. Final score was 20-7 and at that point it was 13-7. Had we scored instead of the int, it'd been Cameron 14-13 w/ a little over a minute to go. So to say I would love a rematch w/ Jasper at full power is an understatement.

Yoe's game wasn't the toughest. The one we actually lost in the State finals obviously was. Liberty Hill gave us a very good fight as well. We did struggle against Yoe but made the plays we needed to win. Oh I imagine if you do get a shot at us you will just run right over us, since we are struggling this year and all.

Hupernikomen
11-02-2005, 10:56 PM
nobody said it wasn't our toughest game but we aren't the ones banking on one player to make or break our season this year. As you were able to see, we lost our superstar starting QB and came back from a 20 point deficit without much problem to win a game. Sure the 4 other INTs that game counted but wouldn't the one that took place in the endzone have a little more emphasis? Eh, forget it. We'll deal with you boys in round 3 if you make it that far.

Yoe was a one man team when Pittman was there and well that didn't turn out so well did it!

Maybe we will make it 3 rounds so you guys can get a measure of revenge.

j_dog
11-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
....while I repeat,,, does not count does not count.....:cool: :cool: :cool:
you ceep sayin taht, or you will have to go to your cage to kool offf ! :p

j_dog
11-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Yoe was a one man team when Pittman was there and well that didn't turn out so well did it!

Maybe we will make it 3 rounds so you guys can get a measure of revenge.
Yeah, I seem to remember the Pittman game, I think theyoefnshow was talking before that game what they were going to do to the Dogs, then last year the talk started all over, now this year he is not even waiting to see if there will be a matchup. Maybe this is the year he will get it right. Good luck to theyoefnshow. :) However, the Dogs have several other hurdles to overcome before fixating on the Yoemen. The Yoemen may have a team or two, like maybe Marlin first also.

spiveyrat
11-03-2005, 08:31 AM

No, Silsbee, Liberty Hill and Gilmer gave us our toughest games last year. And don't worry, if you make it that far, we have the potential too. :p

spiveyrat
11-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Oh I imagine if you do get a shot at us you will just run right over us, since we are struggling this year and all.

That's right! 'cause afterall, we're just an average team a little over .500 just hoping for the status quo. ;)

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
No, Silsbee, Liberty Hill and Gilmer gave us our toughest games last year. And don't worry, if you make it that far, we have the potential too. :p

I don't recall any of those teams holding you to two touchdowns until the final minute or so of regulation.

spiveyrat
11-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Sorry, I just don't remember the Cameron game to be nearly the nail-biter these others were. I remember being surprised that Cameron held us to fewer points than we were used to, but i don't remember being worried about the outcome.

JasperDog94
11-03-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't recall any of those teams holding you to two touchdowns until the final minute or so of regulation. I'll stick up for theyoufnshow...sort of. That game was definitely a nail-biter. The way they were driving the ball with a minute left in the game, it looked like they were gonna score and with the extra point, take the lead 14-13.

BUT...(there's always a butt ;) ) the dawgs did make the int. and drive down the field to score and make it 20-7. But the game was much closer than that. NOT the dawgs toughest game of the year, but it was a great game.

j_dog
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Sorry, I just don't remember the Cameron game to be nearly the nail-biter these others were. I remember being surprised that Cameron held us to fewer points than we were used to, but i don't remember being worried about the outcome.
I agree. Yes, the score was low, but Jasper did not even use their 3-back set at all if I remember correctly. And that was by far their best offensive weapon. It gained gobs of yards on WOS, and on Gilmer. The key to that game as far as I am concerned is that, as Yoe and Gilmer may have learned, if you keep putting the ball in the air against Jasper, Jasper generally has just about as good a chance of catching the ball as you do. Frankly, it was no surprise to me that Jasper intercepted the ball in the end zone to kill Yoe's last drive. Jasper had been stopping them all night that way, so why not expect it one more time? I certainly expected it, and it happened. :)

Hupernikomen
11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I don't recall any of those teams holding you to two touchdowns until the final minute or so of regulation.

Offense is less than half of the game. Defense and special teams play a part too. I think we found it very tough to stop LH and Gilmer; comparatively, Yoe was rather easy to stop if you look at the point totals. Yoe did a very good job on defense indeed. Sure hope we both get to see a 3rd playoff matchup.

mistanice
11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Yoe's game wasn't the toughest. The one we actually lost in the State finals obviously was. Liberty Hill gave us a very good fight as well. We did struggle against Yoe but made the plays we needed to win. Oh I imagine if you do get a shot at us you will just run right over us, since we are struggling this year and all.

Diboll gave you guys a close game as well, although Diboll didn't score it ended up being a closer game that I thought it would with Jasper winning 13-0. Guess who scored both touchdowns? That guy who wont be playing football til mid season next year.

Hupernikomen
11-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Diboll gave you guys a close game as well, although Diboll didn't score it ended up being a closer game that I thought it would with Jasper winning 13-0. Guess who scored both touchdowns? That guy who wont be playing football til mid season next year.

Yeah that was a good game. Jasper did just enough to make it to next round week after week.

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'll stick up for theyoufnshow...sort of. That game was definitely a nail-biter. The way they were driving the ball with a minute left in the game, it looked like they were gonna score and with the extra point, take the lead 14-13.

BUT...(there's always a butt ;) ) the dawgs did make the int. and drive down the field to score and make it 20-7. But the game was much closer than that. NOT the dawgs toughest game of the year, but it was a great game.

Thanks but to say they drove it up the field afterwards? That last INT deflated the team. One play and 70 or 80 yards later it was 20-7 just like that. No drive was necessary, just Moye.

j_dog
11-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks but to say they drove it up the field afterwards? That last INT deflated the team. One play and 70 or 80 yards later it was 20-7 just like that. No drive was necessary, just Moye.
I tell you what. Go back and check the game film. Moye was on the bench as I recall. He definitely was not at QB after the interception. Jordan Patton, the back-up QB made that long run on Yoe. Many a team has chased Patton to the end zone, and it was just Yoe's turn to chase him. :cool: Last I knew, Patton was starting as a walkon true freshman at Northwestern State over in Nachitoches, LA. He is a good kid. I think it is wrong for you to trivialize his run, and the play of the Yoemen by somehow suggesting they were "deflated". You know, you have kept replaying this theme since after the game last year. Sorry, no matter how you slice it, you lost the game, and nothing you say will change that. Come next week it will be a "new season" and everyone will be equal again. All I can say for you is, better luck this year. :) Perhaps it will be your year. You have an excellent record, the rankings and the talent to take you all the way. I wish you the very best, unless you happen to be playing Jasper. Then I will have to pull for the Dogs. But, I promise you this, if you do play Jasper, and beat Jasper, I WILL NOT be belittling your victory a year from now. :)

theyoefnshow
11-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm not belittling the victory at all! When they won I was hoping that they would win state so we could at least say "yeah we lost but it was at the hands of the state champs!" You can't honestly believe that a team who throws an int w/ a minute to go and no time outs isn't going to be deflated at that point. Jasper could've just as easily knelt the ball 2 or 3 times and they would have still had the win. But like you said, that was then, this is now and I look forward to a rematch.