PDA

View Full Version : CFN's answer to the BCS

3afan
11-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Cant really post it so here's the LINK (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Bowls/CFNChampionshipSeries.htm) ... it's interesting at least.

Gobbla2001
11-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting this, I really like this idea...

I have always thought that we could make the BCS happy by keeping their polls, rate the top 16 or whatever using the BCS (just to keep them happy) and put those top 16 in a playoff (just to MAKE us happy)...

And poor #17 can play #16 in the first game, giving the other 15 teams an off-week before playoff action...

I like their system too...

JasperDog94
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I love it!

sahen
11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
it makes too much sense to happen....

the people that run the bowls, the NCAA, and the presidents of the universities get way too much money from the current system for there to be a playoff....it wont happen until they start losing money in the bowl system, get shown that they will get more money in the playoff system, or the fans cause enough of an uproar (by not attending of course, we can complain til we r blue in the face but all they care about is if your money finds it way in their back pockets) that they have to change it...

JasperDog94
11-01-2005, 02:38 PM
It all comes back to money.:(

BMOC
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
College Football would be at it's best if that becomes possible. You still keep the Bowl Games intact, plus it allows the rotation of the National Championship at different Bowls to stay intact as well.

sahen
11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
College Football would be at it's best if that becomes possible. You still keep the Bowl Games intact, plus it allows the rotation of the National Championship at different Bowls to stay intact as well.
yah but who decides what becomes a first round bowl game vs. 2nd or 3rd....the money now? im sure the other bowl games would love that, esp considering they would go from selling out to begging people to come to that 1st round USC vs. La-Monroe slaughter....the Trojan fans r gonna keep their money for their later round games and the La-Monroe fans r only gonna travel if its close cause it will be on tv and it isnt worth spending 200-300 bucks to go make a trip and see your team annihilated....

JasperDog94
11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by sahen
yah but who decides what becomes a first round bowl game vs. 2nd or 3rd....the money now? im sure the other bowl games would love that, esp considering they would go from selling out to begging people to come to that 1st round USC vs. La-Monroe slaughter....the Trojan fans r gonna keep their money for their later round games and the La-Monroe fans r only gonna travel if its close cause it will be on tv and it isnt worth spending 200-300 bucks to go make a trip and see your team annihilated.... I disagree. I think fans from around the country would go and all these games would be a sellout. It would give fans in other parts of the country an opportunity to see their team in person. I think it would work.

sahen
11-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I disagree. I think fans from around the country would go and all these games would be a sellout. It would give fans in other parts of the country an opportunity to see their team in person. I think it would work.
ok...so say USC vs. La-Monroe is at the Sun Bowl...or Huminatrian Bowl....just trying to pick someone inbetween....The USC fans in those states and surrounding 200 miles might go to the game but who is La-Monroe gonna bring?...I mean, seriously USC has a great following but the smaller teams dont have that great of a fan base, that is why they r in minor conferences to begin with, they dont even sell out their home games....the first round games would struggle in my opinion, but the 2nd round games would prolly do fine...of course 3rd and 4th would sell out...it just seems to me it would be hard to convince some bowl games that routinely sell out to allow themselves to become a 1st round game and not be assured of that anymore....

3afan
11-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Sun Belt does not deserve an auto-entry ---- most of those schools outta be I-AA ... so drop the SBC and add another at large

KTJ
11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
You don't even need the playoff to be that big.

An 8 team playoff or even the Plus-1 system, which a lot of writers seem to be advocating, would work.