PDA

View Full Version : Interesting....

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I don't know how many of you ever look at www.texasfootballratings.com (aka Jerry's), but it's interesting to see how week-to-week the "if the season ended today" scenarios play out.

If the season ended today (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/3APlayoffifseasonendedtoday.html)

P.S.: MARLINDOGS....I told you so. :D

Old Green
11-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know how many of you ever look at www.texasfootballratings.com (aka Jerry's), but it's interesting to see how week-to-week the "if the season ended today" scenarios play out.

If the season ended today (http://www.texasfootballratings.com/3APlayoffifseasonendedtoday.html)

P.S.: MARLINDOGS....I told you so. :D I Look at it sometimes. His ratings are interesting. His weekly picks are pretty accurate.

His strength of schedules is what I question.

3afan
11-01-2005, 06:59 AM
i check out that site quite often ... i like it

Old Green
11-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

P.S.: MARLINDOGS....I told you so. :D Ok, I see what caught your attention now LHPM. a complete 360 from week 3. It's back to where it originally started.

3afan
11-01-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
His strength of schedules is what I question.

remember its all based on numbers and the numbers dont lie. thats not saying its a true indication of true strength of schedule ... but it is what it is

Old Green
11-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
remember its all based on numbers and the numbers dont lie. thats not saying its a true indication of true strength of schedule ... but it is what it is Ok . I retract what I said. I got the Strength of schedule Mixed up.

It is pretty accurate and I agree with with.

spiveyrat
11-01-2005, 08:16 AM
I don't think Bridge City would put Jasper out of the playoffs, IMHO. Next week I think that prediction may reverse itself because I think WOS will beat BC and I think Jasper wins over Silsbee.

AggieJohn
11-01-2005, 09:03 AM
liberty a one and done team again, i'll buy that

CenTexSports
11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
If this is suppossed to be a numbers site then something is wrong. As of today Cameron is 9-0 (158.53) and Hutto is 8-1 (157.22) yet it shows Hutto as District 19 champion and Cameron as runnerup. This puts Cameron going out early and Hutto going out in round 4.

It may happen like this but not according to the numbers listed.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
If this is suppossed to be a numbers site then something is wroung. As of today Cameron is 9-0 (158.53) and Hutto is 8-1 (157.22) yet it shows Hutto as District 19 champion and Cameron as runnerup. This puts Cameron going out early and Hutto going out in round 4.

It may happen like this but not according to the numbers listed.
Yes, it is based on numbers. But.....compare the numbers of Hutto's projected opponents, then the numbers of Yoe's. Also, it is "if the season ended today" and it is projecting a Hutto win. Now, once the game Friday is over, the "numbers" could change and the playoff projections as well.

CenTexSports
11-01-2005, 09:26 AM
That's my point exactly. If you project winnig based on the oppoents points against yours, Cameron beats Hutto. So how does Hutto become district champ?

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 09:27 AM
evidently i'm behind . i just posted same thread . sorry!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
That's my point exactly. If you project winnig based on the oppoents points against yours, Cameron beats Hutto. So how does Hutto become district champ?

I didn't predict it, just provided the link, but I see your point. :)

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 09:34 AM
gilmer /cuero in dII championship. hmmmmm where could we play!!!!!!!!! :)

44INAROW
11-01-2005, 10:06 AM
If we get the chance to play, I hope it's not in WACKO

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 10:14 AM
we had a bad experience in champ game my senior year in waco. not only did cameron kick our tails, but the game clock failed. nobody knew how much time left in game. refs just threw up hands and said game over.

hutex04
11-01-2005, 11:08 AM
I hope that thing happens like that! that would be awsome. Mostly cause we (hutto ) would play robinson the 2nd round of the playoffs. That was my old school back in the days before i moved to hutto.