PDA

View Full Version : Graham VS IP?

hotshot
10-31-2005, 11:20 PM
what do yall think?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Could go either way. With that said, I like IP in this one but that is only because they need to win to cover a possible Vernon loss.

Macarthur
11-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Man, IP has been so schizophrenic this year, I don't have any idea how this one goes. As a fan, I certainly want to say they have finally figured it out, but I just don't know. It sounds generic, but the team that plays the most mistake free will win this one. Either team is capable of beating the other. Should be fun. I think being at home gives IP a slight edge.

Adidas410s
11-01-2005, 10:48 AM
As long as Graham doesn't beat themselves...I think they take this game.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Could go either way. With that said, I like IP in this one but that is only because they need to win to cover a possible Vernon loss.

I have to becareful what I wish for. Vernon needs to win their game because should they lose with a Graham loss then the Lions go DI and face Gainesville. (Don't want that either???)

Funny how things work out.

Someone has to go home! But even with a loss Friday 1 team makes it to the dance.

Vernon will be rooting for IP and IP will be rooting for Breck.
Graham will be rooting for Vernon while Breck will be rooting for Graham.

Adidas410s
11-01-2005, 11:05 AM
I have to becareful what I wish for. Vernon needs to win their game because should they lose with a Graham loss then the Lions go DI and face Gainesville. (Don't want that either???)

Funny how things work out.

Someone has to go home! But even with a loss Friday 1 team makes it to the dance.

Vernon will be rooting for IP and IP will be rooting for Breck.
Graham will be rooting for Vernon while Breck will be rooting for Graham.

So in the end we should both do two things...root from Graham and root for Vernon! I'm fine with that! :D Do yall play in Breckenridge or in Vernon? I am going home Friday morning so I can see my little brothers lead the Graham pep rally and was thinking about going to the game after that...

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2005, 11:23 AM
We play in Vernon. We have played in Breck the past two years so it will be a change for them to be in Vernon because it has been awhile since they have played us at home. (It has been many years).

I'm sure the announcers at the game will be giving updates of the other games status.

injuredinmelee
11-01-2005, 11:31 AM
As it looks now I will be in IP for this one.

Adidas410s
11-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
As it looks now I will be in IP for this one.

What is sending you up that way?

Macarthur
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Here's my understanding of how it will break out:

the winner of IP v Graham is in and co-champs.

The winner of breck v vernon is in and co-champs.

For IP to get in:

win or a vernon win over breck.

For Vernon to get in:

win or an IP win over graham.

For Breck to get in:

win or a graham win over IP.

For Graham to get in:

win or Breck win over vernon.

Z, help me out here and tell me if that is right.

RMAC
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Pretty much the way it's all gonna go down is the 2 winners are in and with the 2 losers, the winner of their game is in. Say Graham beats IP and Breck beats Vernon then Graham and Breck get in and IP gets in because it has the head-to-head against Vernon. But hopefully Breck is the one's lacing up next week.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Lets go Iowa Park!!!!!!!!!!

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

For IP to get in:

For Vernon to get in:

For Breck to get in:

For Graham to get in:

MacArthur, you coming home for this one??? If so we are going to have a meet and greet at the East end of the stadium under the flags at halftime.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

For IP to get in:

For Vernon to get in:

For Breck to get in:

For Graham to get in:

Yep that is how I see it! I hate these dang 5 team districts.

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Yep that is how I see it! I hate these dang 5 team districts. Don't we all. Hopefully the UIL will fix it in the reallignment this year.

VWG
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Don't we all. Hopefully the UIL will fix it in the reallignment this year.

They should throw Bowie back in that District 5.
Or..... knock Breckenridge out and put IP, Graham, Vernon, Bowie, WF Hirschi, Decatur, and Bridgeport together. That would be a damn tough district schedule for football. Bowie (most of the time) and WF Hirschi would be the only "for sure wins".

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by VWG
They should throw Bowie back in that District 5.
Or..... knock Breckenridge out and put IP, Graham, Vernon, Bowie, WF Hirschi, Decatur, and Bridgeport together. That would be a damn tough district schedule for football. Bowie (most of the time) and WF Hirschi would be the only "for sure wins".

I believe that we will see Burkburnett drop down to 3A this reallignment. The numbers over there are down a bit. They were in serious jeopardy of dropping down last reallignment.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-01-2005, 08:35 PM
I hope Burk does drop down. They have not done well in the WF district.

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I hope Burk does drop down. They have not done well in the WF district. It is really hard to compete in any classification if your numbers are low. 4A may be the toughest though, it has the widest gap from highest enrollment to the lowest.

hotshot
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
I think if graham shows up and plays like they can it shouldnt be a hard task to beat IP but if the graham team that played decatur and vernon shows up then i think we will have a whole new ball game.

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by hotshot
I think if graham shows up and plays like they can it shouldnt be a hard task to beat IP but if the graham team that played decatur and vernon shows up then i think we will have a whole new ball game.

The Steers had better show up with the headgear strapped on tight and game faces on. IP is in it to win it baby. BRING THE PAIN!!!! Besides, I want to get my money's worth. :D

TPlinebacker53
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
i think graham will win this game

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TPlinebacker53
i think graham will win this game

Good thing no one pays you to think yet huh. It's a tossup at best. No favorites in a 4 way tie for first. Nothing left but blood, sweat, and snot bubbles.

hotshot
11-01-2005, 10:50 PM
The Steers had better show up with the headgear strapped on tight and game faces on. IP is in it to win it baby. BRING THE PAIN!!!! Besides, I want to get my money's worth. :D I think graham will show upand play last time they played a bad game like that they bounced back and played a heck of a game with wylie and were playing great against a very talented marlin football team. So show up and I bet you will get your moneys worth.

VERNONLION#1
11-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by hotshot
I think graham will show upand play last time they played a bad game like that they bounced back and played a heck of a game with wylie and were playing great against a very talented marlin football team. So show up and I bet you will get your moneys worth.

Sure was nice for my LIONS to win but at the same time Graham has always gotten up to play us in any sport. I'll pick the Steers over IP(sorry Greenmonster) and hopefully the LIONS will take care of business at home. Any idea on who the LIONS would play granted they win Friday?

RMAC
11-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I've made some friends on here from all over so all I'm saying is GO STEERS!

Spaceman_Spiff
11-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Hey Z...congratulations to the Vernon Lions...and its great to see that you are still around even though I have taken a leave of absense (so to speak)...let me hear from you.

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What is sending you up that way?

I grew up mostly in IP and then im going to the tech/aggot game on Sat so I figured why not go check em out. Ill just be chomping at the bit to leave all night friday night anyhow.

Macarthur
11-02-2005, 10:14 AM
MacArthur, you coming home for this one??? If so we are going to have a meet and greet at the East end of the stadium under the flags at halftime.

Unless something unexpected happens, I will be there.

Adidas410s
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
The Steers had better show up with the headgear strapped on tight and game faces on. IP is in it to win it baby. BRING THE PAIN!!!! Besides, I want to get my money's worth. :D

you want YOUR money's worth? I am driving all the way from Abilene so I BETTER get my money's worth! :D

injuredinmelee
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I will follow you and you can be my front door. I love going to the metro mess on firday afternoons. Gert behind all the tech ande acu kids thats daddies still pay for their tickets and they just haul all sorts of $$. I just get in behind and bring up the rear.