PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Division 1 picks/projections

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Assuming that nothing crazy happens to Wylie vs Clyde and assuming that Graham either a) beats IP or b) Vernon beats Breck, division 1 looks like this...

Canyon
Levelland

Seminole
Wylie

Graham
Gainesville

Decatur
West

I think it will go something like this...

Canyon
Levelland +31

Seminole +28
Wylie

Graham +17
Gainesville

Decatur
West +28

2nd round like this...

Canyon +7
Wylie

Gainesville
Decatur+10

and the regional finals

Wylie 20
Gainesville 24

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
i hope your right, it's gonna be tough for whoever wins region 1

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 06:00 PM
then again...

I could also see Wylie winning 31-17 or so. Wylie has a better offense than I have ever seen out of them. The defense is as good as any we have had except for maybe my senior year. That being said, the first 3 quarters of the Graham game and the mental breakdowns against Snyder kinda worry me. An abberation?? Yes...but it could always crop up at the wrong time. That being said, the only time I have ever seen a Wylie team in the playoffs that DIDN'T come prepared and have their best game was in 2001 against Vernon in the first round. Every other time in the 10 or so years I have followed them...Sandifer has had them peaking EVERY Friday in the playoffs. Should be very interesting and an absolute blast for us fans! :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2005, 06:48 PM
Wylie has a great team.

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Wylie has a great team.

Thanks...sounds like Vernon is looking a lot better since Wylie played them...or so I hear from the guys in Graham

NateDawg39
10-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Wylie has a great team.
no kiddin?

football4life
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

That being said, the only time I have ever seen a Wylie team in the playoffs that DIDN'T come prepared and have their best game was in 2001 against Vernon in the first round. Every other time in the 10 or so years I have followed them...Sandifer has had them peaking EVERY Friday in the playoffs. Should be very interesting and an absolute blast for us fans! :D

No doubt that they are always prepared, I remember thinking before we played them in the 2nd round last year that we could handle them with our high-flyin offense just as we had done everyone else before that. They came out and handled us pretty dang well, and as a testament to that our qb came in with only 3 or 4 INT's on the year, and he threw 5 in that one game. Poor execution-yes, but also discipline and preparation. Thats just a great program.

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by football4life
No doubt that they are always prepared, I remember thinking before we played them in the 2nd round last year that we could handle them with our high-flyin offense just as we had done everyone else before that. They came out and handled us pretty dang well, and as a testament to that our qb came in with only 3 or 4 INT's on the year, and he threw 5 in that one game. Poor execution-yes, but also discipline and preparation. Thats just a great program.

yeah...and it's gonna happen again this year!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
The Vernon coach said in the newspaper after Vernon played Wylie that it was the best team that he had ever faced at that point in the season.

Wylie tends to get better by seasons end and that was a most impressive butt kicking the Lions took early in the season!

NateDawg39
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Sandifer is a coach I wont forget the name of. He is very good at preperation and getting his team ready for there games. I would love too see him against my Eagles again. and im waiting for someone to tell me to worry about Gainesville first:D

Bullaholic
10-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Sandifer is a coach I wont forget the name of. He is very good at preperation and getting his team ready for there games. I would love too see him against my Eagles again. and im waiting for someone to tell me to worry about Gainesville first:D

Hey Nate---Worry about Gainesville, first.:D

You think the Eagles could take the Leps in a re-match?

football4life
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah...and it's gonna happen again this year!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Really??? I'll remember that in a couple of weeks!!