PDA

View Full Version : Miami vs Virginia Tech

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Who wins this game...and if you feel like posting your thoughts feel free. Of course most of us in Texas would love to see Va Tech lose because that will do nothing but help Texas out in the polls. Assuming that UCLA loses to USC and Bama goes down somewhere along the line, Texas could actually get away with 1 loss and STILL make the Rose Bowl. That being said, I think that a 1 loss Miami squad would be given A LOT of consideration if USC is the only undefeated team at the end of the year.

eagles_victory
10-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I plan to rake in some money on this game.

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 06:41 PM
what is the current line?

Also, can somebody explain what the money line is to me? I don't understand it really so therefore I stay away from it...

eagles_victory
10-31-2005, 06:42 PM
Don't think the lines come out until like Wednesday.

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 06:45 PM
k can you explain what a money line is to me now?

eagles_victory
10-31-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't know what it is I guess I have never heard of it or I call it something else.

football4life
10-31-2005, 07:10 PM
What's goin on here?? Miami has 12 votes to Va Tech's 2!! Aren't the hokies at home?? From what ive seen from marcus VICK and company, and the inexperience for miami at QB, I dont see that happening. Miami does have some of the best talent in the nation without question, but beamer's boys are some of the best all-around, and the most experienced.

ro_tex_solja
10-31-2005, 07:17 PM
i was one of the couple that voted for v tech....i honestly hope the bcs messes something up again because i cannot stand it

lostaussie
10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i was one of the couple that voted for v tech....i honestly hope the bcs messes something up again because i cannot stand it i hope like 8 teams go undefeated, just to weewee on the bscs

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
this isn't 3a talk but i'm gonna say miami by 14

Pmoney
10-31-2005, 09:43 PM
i see miami pulling up an upset

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 10:50 PM
VaTech. Miami seems to be the flavor of the week everywhere, but VaTech is the better team.

The strength of the 'Canes this year is their defense. I've watched three of their games so far (FSU, Colorado, UNC) and everytime I come away impressed. But VaTech's defense is just as good, if not better, and they have a functioning offense.

Tyrone Moss is a capable RB and I have no doubt Kyle Wright will be a great QB in the future, but until then Miami's D will have to try to find a way to stop Marcus Vick, Mike Imoh, Cedric Humes, and the best corps of wideouts in the ACC.

Not saying it can't happen. Miami has tons of raw talent that can beat anyone on any particular day, but they're going to have to ask the football gods for some help on this one because, again, Tech is the better team.

Hokies win 23-10. It'll be a pretty close game, but the boys in Blacksburg will just be too much in the end.

P.S. I still have no clue why everyone writes the Hokies off. Can someone knowledgeable answer this? Someone who has seen them play.

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
k can you explain what a money line is to me now?
It's a line based on a team's chances to win. A negative money line means that you'd have to bet that much money to win $100. If the number is positive, you'd win that much if you bet $100.

You're basically betting on that particular team winning the game, no points spread. If you bet on the Cardinals over the Colts, you're taking a huge risk but the reward would also be huge.

Old Tiger
10-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Texas needs a Miami victory to get Tech off their back. As for Bama...they just need to lose

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
...As for Bama...they just need to lose
You're my new favorite poster. Watch the Nov. 19 game. Their one-man horse of an offense will be exposed like grandpa after a bottle of egg nog.

Old Tiger
10-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Yea...however, I did enjoy watching Prothro play. The had a lot of skill it is a shame he had to break his leg.