PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville

KTJ
10-31-2005, 04:14 PM
1.) Did we win on Friday? Who did we play and what was the score?

2.) I heard the volleyball team made the playoffs. Who do they play in the first round, when, and where?

3.) Who does it look like we'll be playing in the first round for football?

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
1.) Did we win on Friday? Who did we play and what was the score?

2.) I heard the volleyball team made the playoffs. Who do they play in the first round, when, and where?

3.) Who does it look like we'll be playing in the first round for football?

beat the mighty cardinals of pottsboro 55-0

girls play breckenridge on tuesday at aledo

most likely will get graham in the first round

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Did Gainesville win a coin flip last year to play Graham at Denton or was it a mutual choice? If they won the coin flip then I believe Graham would get to pick this time and I doubt this game will be in Denton or Birdville...Wichita Falls maybe?

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Did Gainesville win a coin flip last year to play Graham at Denton or was it a mutual choice? If they won the coin flip then I believe Graham would get to pick this time and I doubt this game will be in Denton or Birdville...Wichita Falls maybe?

i was wondering the same thing, i've heard denton is already booked on friday for a Rd 1 game.

Bullaholic
10-31-2005, 04:25 PM
How about the new stadium at Northwest?

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How about the new stadium at Northwest?

is that the one close to the race track, i've heard there is a real nice new one over there

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
is that the one close to the race track, i've heard there is a real nice new one over there

yeah it looks pretty nice and small enough that it would be close to capacity (if not over) for a Graham/Gainesville game. That being said, I could still see Graham going for Wichita Falls as the location because its about a 45 minute drive where as it would be close to 2 hours (around 100 miles I believe) for Gainesville to get there.

Bullaholic
10-31-2005, 04:40 PM

Yes, it is. Northwest's stadium looks a lot like Southlake's or the Denton stadium.

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah it looks pretty nice and small enough that it would be close to capacity (if not over) for a Graham/Gainesville game. That being said, I could still see Graham going for Wichita Falls as the location because its about a 45 minute drive where as it would be close to 2 hours (around 100 miles I believe) for Gainesville to get there.

if graham thinks making Gainesville travel 100 miles for a game with help them, they are gonna be in for a longer night than they think.

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
if graham thinks making Gainesville travel 100 miles for a game with help them, they are gonna be in for a longer night than they think.

hey its still further than 20 or 30 miles...anything helps!

KTJ
10-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Wichita Falls is nothing.

Gainesville fans are used to traveling to the odd ends of Texas to play. We play anyone, anywhere.

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:45 PM
hey its still further than 20 or 30 miles...anything helps!

i think most of the playoff teams are good enough to not let the traveling affect them. that is unless a team has to travel more than 3 hours.

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Wichita Falls is nothing.

Gainesville fans are used to traveling to the odd ends of Texas to play. We play anyone, anywhere.

we just prefer to not to have to go to lubbock in december:D

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 04:56 PM
guys I realize that 100 miles is nothing. Just making idle chatter. Heck my senior year we went 180-200 miles 4 times to play at Birdville (3 games) and Clark Field (1 game) and it wasn't a big deal to anybody. San Angelo was a breather being the short trip on the schedule at about 80 miles. Sure wish we could have played Lamesa in the Mustang Bowl though...always a fun place to play! Then again I don't think they had their field turf in 2000 so it wouldn't have been so enjoyable...

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 04:59 PM
i understand that it's just for chatter. i would love for Gainesville to get lucky and have all their games close, but i don't see that happening again.

KTJ
10-31-2005, 05:14 PM
The UIL sucks.

Adidas sucks too. :D ;)

That is all.

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The UIL sucks.

Adidas sucks too. :D ;)

That is all.

i hope that was in jest, adidas seems like a cool guy

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 05:17 PM
i think most of the playoff teams are good enough to not let the traveling affect them. that is unless a team has to travel more than 3 hours. true, but it will and can drive fans crazy!! :D Ask Burnet. :evillaugh -- I need to go dig up that thread...lmao

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
true, but it will and can drive fans crazy!! :D Ask Burnet. :evillaugh -- I need to go dig up that thread...lmao

i'm surprised burnet's 50,000 fans didn't charter them a plane :D

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 05:24 PM

thanks...see if we call you for the reunion KTJ!!! I am gonna check with Ranger Mom to see if I can get the flag for the Graham/Gainesville game (assuming that Graham beats IP and/or Vernon loses to Breck) and we can have a little MnG...

KTJ

The emoticons should tell you if it was in jest or not.

Adidas410s
i'm surprised burnet's 50,000 fans didn't charter them a plane :D

they may be faithful...but they are no SLC or HP! :D

KTJ
10-31-2005, 06:12 PM
HSF

Why isn't a new football stadium part of the bond election for the new high school?

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
HSF

Why isn't a new football stadium part of the bond election for the new high school?

in the last election they had a new football, baseball and softball as part of the new school. the old folks in Gainesville said they aren't paying for a sports complex. that is why it was defeated last time. it will be interesting if it passes this time. the amount of money is the same, the difference is no stadiums.

NateDawg39
10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
I hope Decatur meets up with Gainesville in round 2. and if so im sure it will be at either South Lake's Dragon Stadium or Birdville's Fine Arts complex.

Adidas410s
in the last election they had a new football, baseball and softball as part of the new school. the old folks in Gainesville said they aren't paying for a sports complex. that is why it was defeated last time. it will be interesting if it passes this time. the amount of money is the same, the difference is no stadiums.

hmm...so where is the additional money going to? Maybe that should just do what they did at Birdville and call it a "Fine Arts Complex!" :rolleyes:

Keith7
Originally posted by KTJ
HSF

cuz the last school bond election was criticized for the amount of money that was going towards athletics

KTJ
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Sometimes I wonder about my hometown. Our athletic facilities are the worst in the state--the WORST and it's embarassing.

3afan
10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The UIL sucks.

what does the UIL have to do with this ???

Keith7
10-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Sometimes I wonder about my hometown. Our athletic facilities are the worst in the state--the WORST and it's embarassing.

Except for our baseball stadium, which might be the best 3a baseball stadium in the state

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
hmm...so where is the additional money going to?

that should be the 29.5 million dollar question

3afan
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
do you share with the JC ????

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

nope, they built their own a few years ago

Keith7
10-31-2005, 06:24 PM

no, NCTC has thier own field.. In the 50's Gainesville had a minor league baseball team and the team left, but the field stayed.. The city owns it now and the high school rents it every year.. Its an antique and is very well kept..

KTJ
10-31-2005, 06:25 PM
what does the UIL have to do with this ???

It was a facetious response but I guess it didn't go over well.

Nevertheless, they still suck for putting us in Region I.

HighSchool Fan
10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

don't let OC see you talking about the uil sucking, he has sources there, along with the voices in his head.

3afan
10-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

FYI, there are UIL rules about playoff game sites that come into play every now and then ... has to do with when the same teams play 2 yrs in a row or 2 of 3 years and one of them won a flip and got to play at home. I'll try to find the details ...

KTJ
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Dude, dude....seriously, it was a joke.

Even so, the UIL sucks as a collective. Not for just one specific thing.

3afan
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Dude, dude....seriously, it was a joke.

Even so, the UIL sucks as a collective. Not for just one specific thing.

Oh I know ... but its an interesting rule - like to keep educated you know ...

By the way - I disagree .. the UIL does a tremendous job with the task they have to do.

Matthew328
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
The UIL rule is if 2 teams flip home and home....the next year if they play again they play at the other teams field...

an example in Class 4A..

last year Dallas Kimball and Ennis flipped home and home..Kimball won the flip and Ennis had to play em at Sprague Field....this year if they play again it'll be in Ennis....

KTJ
10-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh I know ... but its an interesting rule - like to keep educated you know ...

By the way - I disagree .. the UIL does a tremendous job with the task they have to do.

To each his own.

I've deal with them in both athletics and academics. I stand by my statement and there are numerous other teachers and principals who agree. But I realize we all have our opinions and I definitely respect yours.

KTJ
11-01-2005, 04:32 PM
So are we underrated?

Cause we've been 7th in the state for about 4-5 weeks now. Yet everyone else has us rated higher.