PDA

View Full Version : Coach Franchione

Brahma73
10-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Hope he didn't sell his luggage when he came to A&M!!!!

The Ags could finish 0-3 the rest of the way at TT, OU & home for TU. No bowl game again?!?! That would make the gods very unhappy...:eek:

Take it easy on us Phil C:(

Phil C
10-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Take it easy! That game will have me worried no matter what. The game is in College Station. I remember in 1963 Texas went to College Station ranked No. 1 and were 9 - 0 while the Aggies were 2 - 6 -1 yet Texas had to fight to come back to win it in the last 79 seconds by the score of 15 to 12. And UT almost had three passes intercepted on their last drive which would have given the Aggies control of the game. I don't take the Aggies lightly at all.

UPanIN
10-31-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Take it easy! That game will have me worried no matter what. The game is in College Station. I remember in 1963 Texas went to College Station ranked No. 1 and were 9 - 0 while the Aggies were 2 - 6 -1 yet Texas had to fight to come back to win it in the last 79 seconds by the score of 15 to 12. And UT almost had three passes intercepted on their last drive which would have given the Aggies control of the game. I don't take the Aggies lightly at all.

This is not your Grandpa's Longhorns.

UT by a bunch. Maybe 50.:D

injuredinmelee
10-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Frannie has to be in danger. He has been a huge joke so far. I am not a aggie fan but I have not seen where they have gotten any better since they fired R.C.

Ranger05
10-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Frannie has to be in danger. He has been a huge joke so far. I am not a aggie fan but I have not seen where they have gotten any better since they fired R.C. they should have never fired R.C.

Brahma73
10-31-2005, 05:39 PM
What's Jackie Sherrell doing?:thinking:

Macarthur
10-31-2005, 05:41 PM
I have always been a huge Fran supporter. I think he is a top notch college coach. However, the thing that has disappointed me most about that situation is that they don't appear to play hard. The youth and attrition are legitimate excuses, but not playing hard is not a legitimate excuse. There is no excuse for that. I still think he can turn things around, but if they don't show some heart in these last 3 games, next year may be the year he is coaching for his job.

KL3
10-31-2005, 06:12 PM
My thoughts exactly Macarthur.....

tortilla_man
10-31-2005, 06:14 PM
they need a new d-cordinator. i believe i heard A&M was 113 out of 118 in defense, cant stop the pass or 3rd down, its going to get nasty agaisnt tech

KTJ
10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
What's Jackie Sherrell doing?:thinking:

Jackie "The Cheat" Sherrell. You don't want him.

What's weird was that he was at the UT/Mizzou game. We saw him in the hotel bar sipping some brew.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Bring back Slocum or something!

XWylieMom
10-31-2005, 08:03 PM
My question is - A&M has about 2 million in scholarships....so why don't they have a better line?

AggieJohn
10-31-2005, 08:09 PM
these are all questions that i ponder myself...

XWylieMom
10-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't think anyone is interested in playing for A&M anymore.. :(

AggieJohn
10-31-2005, 08:23 PM
the thing that ticked me off is that fran had been going to javorskie for the last two games, and then abandons that completely.....i don't understand it, we make short dump passes the first two downs and then we decide to make a sweep on the third and get stopped.....we got stopped by baylor, by colorado, by ISU, when are we going to abandon the option

lostaussie
10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
ok i try not to get on the college bandwagon threads too much, but the coors lights are working so here i go. there is not a bigger aggie fan than myself. i don't get into all the other team bashing. it is just not me. so when i get through i don't need other school posters thrashing my school. ...............the aggies have got me p.o.ed. i do not understand why we continually recruit the talent we seem to get and cannot do anything with it. our defense (to quote another poster) ssssuuuucccckkkkssss. we can't stop nothing. i'm afraid tech is gonna hang 80 on us cause that nut for a coach don't care. the offense which a times can be dynamic, seems to be stuck in first gear. defensive coord. needs to be fired today. we lack heart. team seems to play with no emotion. hell, i got more emotion being pissed than they got on the field. i will say i thought franchionne was a good hire. i loved slocum to death, but thought the team had become very stagnate under him. it was time for a change. last years team really gave me some optimism, but it has all gone this year. aggies are terrible. big changes have to be made and in a hurry. i certainly don't know all the answers nor do i get paid a gazillion dollars to know. i'll quit now. i think my pressure is going up!!!!!

AggieJohn
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
firetorbush.com

KTJ
10-31-2005, 09:29 PM
I don't think anyone is interested in playing for A&M anymore..

You, ma'am, are on to something. I talked to a friend at A&M (who also left the game early last week) and he said the same thing.

so when i get through i don't need other school posters thrashing my school.

So is it thrashing when you call my school "tu" or me a "sip"? If so, I don't need that either.

Nonetheless, I completely agree and applaud you for standing up and saying something.

htowntransplant
10-31-2005, 10:03 PM
o where o where could RC Slocumb be??? o where o where could he be??

YBS
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
this is just one man's opinion but...

RC had past his time. I don't think he would be doing any worse than we're doing right now as a coach, but I think we'd be around 5-6 nonetheless. Imagine losing 29-20 aganst Iowa St. See my point? How we're losing doesn't excuse a loss nonetheless. RC dominated a weak SWC during his glory years and I don't think he'd have survived during today's superconferences. I do think Fran needs to be fired, demoted, or something so that some type of positive change can take place. I'm at my wit's end and don't know what type of change should definitely take place or who would replace Fran as head coach. I do know that I place the majority of my blame on the coaches for leaning so heavily on a 5-wide system w/ so many injured WR starters & not utilizing our strength at RB against ISU. Also, how does a defense get worse after losing no major front 7 players and 2 mediocre players in the secondary from last season?

Bandera YaYa
10-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
o where o where could RC Slocumb be??? o where o where could he be?? Ha..prob laughing his butt off..... :p

htowntransplant
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by YBS
Also, how does a defense get worse after losing no major front 7 players and 2 mediocre players in the secondary from last season?

good question. texas state dropped 300 passing yds on them. how did that happen??? texas could have accidentaly kept them under 100.

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
good question. texas state dropped 300 passing yds on them. how did that happen??? texas could have accidentaly kept them under 100.
Have you seen SWT's quarterback? He's a STUD. Single-handedly pulled the Bobcats back into that game.

Not saying A&M's defense isn't absolutely horrible, just saying that QB could pass for 300 and run for 75 against three quarters of the I-A schools out there.

KTJ
10-31-2005, 11:38 PM
T-State QB was freakin amazing.

Not to mention, half of Texas State's team is DI transfers.

cdlvj
11-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
they should have never fired R.C.

Totally agreed!

3afan
11-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
T-State QB was freakin amazing.

too bad they could not beat Nicholl's St. on saturday .........

NICHOLLS ST. !!!!!!!!!!

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

So is it thrashing when you call my school "tu" or me a "sip"? If so, I don't need that either.
you have never seen me do either of these. i am not a texas fan but i am a big 12 fan. if you are playing for the national championship i will pulling for texas. i cannot help what others do.

vet93
11-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I think that Fran is a good coach. Torbush has a great resume and has had success at other schools....he just doesn't seem to know how to turn this defense around. RC was a great guy, a great defensive mind and was exactly what A&M needed after Sherril ( a man with integrity who truly cared about the university and the players). His program was getting stagnated and he wasted a great deal of offensive talent, especially at quarterback. Fran will have to shake things up to keep his job...that is the way Competitive College Football works. He will likely have to fire Torbush after this season. The thing that is the most distressing is that the team seems to lack heart. It was the fourth quarter against ISU and McNeal had an incomplete pass and he was smiling like he was in pracitice or something. The players are just going through the motions right now and they are about to get torn up in three consecutive weeks unless those attitudes change. This teams problem is not talent or injuries or even coaching from the standpoint of mechanics...The problem is ATTITUDE and a lack of CHARACTER.

AggieJohn
11-01-2005, 09:54 AM
i think it's funny that before mack took over at t.u. he fired one person from his staff, and who would that be, mr. torbush....who scooped him up, mr. franchione.....

mack wins that one

UPanIN
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Franchione is the same guy he was last year when all you arm chair coaches were on the band wagon. This is really only Fran's 2nd year with players he recruited. The first year was not his recruits.

Give him 2 more years and if things don't change "CALL FOR HIS HEAD". You Aggies out there that are bashing the coach remember he has turned around every team he has coached and your team needed turned around.

Plus he has pledged a million $$ to your school. Wait till you get some of that before you rush him off. :rolleyes:

Brahma73
11-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Jackie "The Cheat" Sherrell. You don't want him.

What's weird was that he was at the UT/Mizzou game. We saw him in the hotel bar sipping some brew.

I was just kidding. We don't have a tongue in cheek smiley face!

lostaussie
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Franchione is the same guy he was last year when all you arm chair coaches were on the band wagon. This is really only Fran's 2nd year with players he recruited. The first year was not his recruits.

Give him 2 more years and if things don't change "CALL FOR HIS HEAD". You Aggies out there that are bashing the coach remember he has turned around every team he has coached and your team needed turned around.

Plus he has pledged a million $$ to your school. Wait till you get some of that before you rush him off. :rolleyes: I'm not ready to give up on fran. i want his players to get on the field and see what we can do. the problem i have is the team is playing with no emotion. our athletes are better than that. we are not the best team in the country. BUT WE SHOULD BE COMPETITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

raider red 2000
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Has Fran ever had his own players????

seems like he always leaves after doing good with somebody elses kids.

BMOC
11-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I believe this is his third year. He should have some of his players playing. Even though, his system has been in long enough where all his players, (his recruits or not) should have a grasp of what the heck is going on.

Phil C
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
What's all this negativity about Texas A&M?! :eek: :confused: Don't you all know that they have a winning record of 5 - 3 for the year??

raider red 2000
11-01-2005, 02:44 PM
i am not a fan of Fran, not only because he is at ATM, but also becasue of his coaching style.

I have heard (not sure if it is true) that he cusses his assistants and belittles them and the kids. not good.

I think that Fran will be around for a while. should he be????

I am not going to bad mouth him, becuase he is more qualified than me, he knows his kids better than I know his kids, He knows his strengths and weakness more than I know.

What would I gain out of bad mouthing him? nothin.

KTJ
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
This post, along with several, are really weird. It wasn't too long ago that people on this BBS and on TexAgs were proclaiming that "Fran is a better recruiter than Mack and a better gameday coach than Bob Stoops."

Now you go over there and every other post is how they should fire Fran or who their list of replacement head coaches should be.

Interesting.

you have never seen me do either of these. i am not a texas fan but i am a big 12 fan. if you are playing for the national championship i will pulling for texas. i cannot help what others do.

And I thank you for this.

AggieJohn
11-01-2005, 05:25 PM
i think that fran was a good hire, don't get me wrong...however, i don't think that he has produced and he has about 40 percent of his recruits in if i'm correct...i'm not as mad with him as i am with torbush...why did a&m go 4-8 two season ago, because torbush, why did we go 7-5 last year, because of luck, our 5-3 mediocrity is completely because of torbush.....well mostly

vet93
11-01-2005, 05:39 PM
KTJ...there are more of us who quietly back the aggies and don't tear down others than those that do...you just don't hear from us...unfortunately the only ones that you hear from are like AggieJohn...I am sure that it is the same way with UT fans or any other team.

Originally posted by KTJ

And I thank you for this.

Adidas410s
11-01-2005, 05:59 PM
my biggest thought with A&M is this...where is the discipline that Fran was supposed to bring to the program that was lacking in the last years of Slocum? Case in point...(and I know this is random)...I was playing NCAA '06 the other day and decided to start a dynasty with A&M. Yeah I'm a UT fan but they are too easy to win with...even on Heisman...but back to my point...I decided to go through and name all the A&M players. I ended up with roughly a dozen guys who were on the NCAA rosters that EA had last spring but those same guys are nowhere to be found on the current A&M roster. Why must you ask??? Because Fran has kicked them off the team!!! Is it instilling discipline when he has to kick guys off the team for their behavior? No...because their lazy attitudes are showing up on the field on Saturdays and there are still many guys on the team that just haven't had any off the field troubles but are very self-centered, lazy football players. Just my opinion though...

vet93
11-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Can't disagree Adidas...

Originally posted by Adidas410s
my biggest thought with A&M is this...where is the discipline that Fran was supposed to bring to the program that was lacking in the last years of Slocum? Case in point...(and I know this is random)...I was playing NCAA '06 the other day and decided to start a dynasty with A&M. Yeah I'm a UT fan but they are too easy to win with...even on Heisman...but back to my point...I decided to go through and name all the A&M players. I ended up with roughly a dozen guys who were on the NCAA rosters that EA had last spring but those same guys are nowhere to be found on the current A&M roster. Why must you ask??? Because Fran has kicked them off the team!!! Is it instilling discipline when he has to kick guys off the team for their behavior? No...because their lazy attitudes are showing up on the field on Saturdays and there are still many guys on the team that just haven't had any off the field troubles but are very self-centered, lazy football players. Just my opinion though...

Adidas410s
11-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Can't disagree Adidas...

I see you play NCAA '06 as well huh? ;)

GreenMonster
11-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I still like coach Fran

KTJ
11-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by vet93
KTJ...there are more of us who quietly back the aggies and don't tear down others than those that do...you just don't hear from us...unfortunately the only ones that you hear from are like AggieJohn...I am sure that it is the same way with UT fans or any other team.

Once again, you provide a great point. (like you always do. :))