PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Middles School Football Teams

Guts
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have any information on these teams? What's their records? How good are they?

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 01:35 PM
How's the program in Willacoochy.;)

Guts
10-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Aww you know we're doing okay!

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Good to hear. My auntie Bertha used to play for ya'll.:D :D

Dogman_1969
10-31-2005, 02:22 PM
My son plays for Rockdale and we played Giddings a few weeks back. The 7th grade for Giddings is tough. They have 2 kids that are very hard to get down and if they got loose we couldn't catch them. They beat us 28-8 or somthing like that.

Their 8th grade squad was undefeated until we played them. We won the game 26-12 or so. They like to run the option out of the 1 back set and the QB likes to pull it out and run it on his own. Our defense played the option really well that night and we were able to scoop up a fumble ( I'll brag a little because my son #99 is the one who scooped it up) and return it about 40 yds for another TD. They are a good team and played tough till the final gun.

Where are you from? Are you a parent of a player? what grade?

Good Luck......

Guts
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
My son plays for Rockdale and we played Giddings a few weeks back. The 7th grade for Giddings is tough. They have 2 kids that are very hard to get down and if they got loose we couldn't catch them. They beat us 28-8 or somthing like that.

Their 8th grade squad was undefeated until we played them. We won the game 26-12 or so. They like to run the option out of the 1 back set and the QB likes to pull it out and run it on his own. Our defense played the option really well that night and we were able to scoop up a fumble ( I'll brag a little because my son #99 is the one who scooped it up) and return it about 40 yds for another TD. They are a good team and played tough till the final gun.

Where are you from? Are you a parent of a player? what grade?

Good Luck......

I am not from the area I am just really interested in District 19-3A. I have a buddy that used to work at a school in that district.

What positions do their "tandem of toughness" play on the 7th grade group?

Dogman_1969
10-31-2005, 05:41 PM
a RB and the QB. Their numbers I think were 5 & 8. Big kids and were fast. The rumor is that they were old enough to be in the 9th grade but were actually in the 7th. Just what I heard.

Good Luck.....

WinJuanSoon09
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
I know that who ever Giddings plays they will win. If it is Manor it will be a long day.