PDA

View Full Version : 24-4A Monday night Football

Old Green
10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Bay city 4-1 in District takes on Calhoun 1-4 in District play tonight in Victoria at Memorial Stadium at 7:30. Should be a good game. Bay City is Curently tied for second in the district race.

I think I'll take a look at the Black Cats tonight.

Gobbla2001
10-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Bay city 4-1 in District takes on Calhoun 1-4 in District play tonight in Victoria at Memorial Stadium at 7:30. Should be a good game. Bay City is Curently tied for second in the district race.

I think I'll take a look at the Balcck Cats tonight.

wish I would have known sooner, I would have gone to check it out... enjoy watch that kid chunk the ball and #2 and #3 run around like lightning...

Old Green
10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
wish I would have known sooner, I would have gone to check it out... enjoy watch that kid chunk the ball and #2 and #3 run around like lightning... Yeah ! Those two are pretty entertaining to watch.

Gobbla2001
10-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Yeah ! Those two are pretty entertaining to watch.

What amazes me about that RB is that he is really small, not very tall and looks almost skin and bones, but though he has great speed, has to be a 4.4 atleast, he is not afraid to put his shoulders down and plow his way through traffic instead of cutting it outside like most speedsters would do...

neck_94
10-31-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah, but the "game of the night" will be in Rosenberg, as the Lamar Cons. Mustangs(8-0)(5-0) take on the Angleton Wildcats (6-2)(3-2).
It is pretty much do or die for Atown, at the same time Lamar must win tonight or else they are in a must win vs. Bay City on Sat night. And we all know or at least I know, that aint ever easy...

Necked
10-31-2005, 01:36 PM
I wonder why they are playing in Victoria?
Calhoun is probably happy that they didn't finish last in district again, thanks to a terrible Brazosport team.
The real game to watch will be Bay City vs. Lamar Consolidated. LC has made an incredible turnaround from last year, going from 2-8 to 8-0, including a 35-28 win over Columbia. They have a sophomore RB named Rodgers that has 5 200+ games out of the 8 games they have played, I think he is second in the Houston area total yard wise....

Old Green
10-31-2005, 01:41 PM
I'd like to take in the Bay City- Lamar Consolidated game but I'll be working Saturday. It should be a good one.

Calhoun has always been the area whipping boy. Want a easy win play Calhoun. But every now and then they surprise you.:)

scrub c
10-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Congrats to Lamar Cons. they pulled out a 23-20 win over angleton. Puts them alone atop 24-AAAA. And I guess they get at least a share of the district title no matter what happens next week.

They are a team that just seems to find a way to get it done...

scrub c
10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
oh yeah, and Bay City was up on Calhoun 21-3 at the half

htowntransplant
10-31-2005, 10:32 PM
i was looking for the lamar consolidated score for the longest time, and now i got it. woohoo goes out to my HS lamar cons. for yet another big win vs another tough opponent(angleton). they have come a long way since being 2-8 last year (lamar). i want to see the box score because the running back battle was probably the most intriguing thing about this game. both jaquizz rodgers from LC and keith totson from a-town are 1000 yd rushers and are two of the top RB's in the houston area.

Necked
10-31-2005, 10:47 PM
LC has to be the Cinderrella team of the Gulf Coast. Being undefeated in that district is no easy feat. Makes it less irritating to me that they escaped Griggs Field with a win.
Keep an eye on this team, cause I took another at the roster in the game program and they have alot of underclassmen, including 5 Sophs, & 3 Fish listed. Could be a long run of success headed their way.
Now they need to beat Bay City so as to avoid La Marque in the 1st round...

Necked
10-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Necked
They have a sophomore RB named Rodgers that has 5 200+ games out of the 8 games they have played....

Make that 6, as from what I heard, unofficially, Jacquizz Rodgers had 38 carries for 306 yds and 2 TDs. Looks like the birth of a phenom to me...

htowntransplant
10-31-2005, 11:18 PM
he has a realistic shot at 2000 rushing yds on the year. all he needs is 166 rushing yds vs. bay city next week.

Old Green
11-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Pretty good game for a cold night. Bay City won 42-3. Cordero Williams put on a show as usual scoring 4 tds.

gato 76
11-01-2005, 09:45 AM
In the game sat.against LamarCons.,look for c williams,c blackmon in the same backfill,they ran that against angelton an they could not stop them,d griggs,c williams c blackmon all have 4.4 speed,i look for them to beat LamarCons sat,then get ready to play LaMarque in bi district,they match up better against them now than they did in 0 week.

Old Green
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by gato 76
In the game sat.against LamarCons.,look for c williams,c blackmon in the same backfill,they ran that against angelton an they could not stop them,d griggs,c williams c blackmon all have 4.4 speed,i look for them to beat LamarCons sat,then get ready to play LaMarque in bi district,they match up better against them now than they did in 0 week. I have that same feeling. Williams and Blackmon did pretty good last night. Once they break the line of scrimage they're hard to catch and Griggs passing has improved from the WO-S game.

htowntransplant
11-01-2005, 12:05 PM
but u still have to stop lamar consolidated's offense if at all possible. this should be a shootout.

Old Green
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
but u still have to stop lamar consolidated's offense if at all possible. this should be a shootout. You got that right. Two high powered offenses going at each other for the District Championship.;)

htowntransplant
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
ok so how is the district winner determined in this case??? if lamar at 6-0 loses to BC at 5-1, then both district records will be 6-1....so do they look at overall record?? i mean, if thats the case, then lamar should have district champ bagged already.

Old Green
11-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
ok so how is the district winner determined in this case??? if lamar at 6-0 loses to BC at 5-1, then both district records will be 6-1....so do they look at overall record?? i mean, if thats the case, then lamar should have district champ bagged already. I think they will be co-champs, unless the district committee has some other kind of arrangement.

gato 76
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
I'M real happy for coach L Wilson ,he and his staff have worked real hard to get that program on the right track,and they also have one of the best offense line coaches in coach Z.I still like our chances on the game sat.