PDA

View Full Version : This is crazy!

Phil C
10-31-2005, 12:09 PM
A lot of UT fans are already buying tickets to the Rose Bowl game and booking flights to California and the season isn't even over yet. This is crazy! We still have four games to play and several players are injured. We have to play Baylor in Waco, Kansas in Austin (remember the scare in Austin Kansas last year) and then we have to face the tough Aggies in College Station. Then we have the Big 12 game. And if we can win all four games we are still at the mercy of the polls. Man talk about throwing caution and common sense to the four winds.

ro_tex_solja
10-31-2005, 12:36 PM
im a huge longhorn fan and i honestly think if v tech rolls past miami and then beats florida state in the acc championship game that is goin to be enough to move them into the rose bowl game just because who they have left to play and who the longhorns have left to play...strength of schedule rules in favor of v tech...but personally the BCS= crap...i would like to see a playoff system maybe not with alot of teams but maybe just take the bcs bowl games and make a playoff with that or something...i just cant stand the bcs

PlayaJBiehl20
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
On ESPN they were talking about that. But I still think that even if VT beats both of the teams from Florida, then they still won't make it. The voters in the two human polls will vote Texas in. The only poll VT will be up on Texas will be the computer. So if Texas just takes care of business then they will be in. I agree Phil C that is crazy.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
i would like to see a playoff system maybe not with alot of teams but maybe just take the bcs bowl games and make a playoff with that or something...i just cant stand the bcs
I think you put the top 16 teams in a playoff. You take 8 bowl game stadiums then for the final 4 games you go to the big bowls like Sugar,Orange,Fiesta, and Rose.

eagles_victory
10-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A lot of UT fans are already buying tickets to the Rose Bowl game and booking flights to California and the season isn't even over yet. This is crazy! We still have four games to play and several players are injured. We have to play Baylor in Waco, Kansas in Austin (remember the scare in Austin Kansas last year) and then we have to face the tough Aggies in College Station. Then we have the Big 12 game. And if we can win all four games we are still at the mercy of the polls. Man talk about throwing caution and common sense to the four winds. Phil you never have faith in the Horns.

Phil C
10-31-2005, 03:04 PM
eagles I have been watching football for many many years and I know the importance of caution. It is very important to be cautious and careful.

Adidas410s
10-31-2005, 03:47 PM
but you do realize that you can save A LOT on tickets right now if you purchase them now right? If Texas doesn't make it, you can put it on EBay and make a nice little profit off of them...not that I would advocate that or anything! :D I was looking at buying tickets to the Cotton Bowl for my dad for Christmas and they are much cheaper now than later...

Johnny Utah
10-31-2005, 04:40 PM
You have to reserve your spot, or all will be taken. If someone else besides Texas makes it then you can always sell your tickets. Just like getting state tournament tickets, you get them before they are all sold out!!!! Just like getting NCAA regional tickets, get them before they are all sold out!!! Do you really think buying tickets for the Rose Bowl is why Texas might lose???? HA Ha!!!

Gobbla2001
10-31-2005, 06:10 PM
I know of people who buy tickets to the Red River Rivalry in advance just to save money... Though UT being in the game is guaranteed, their schedule is not... they would rather pay 500 bucks less early than 500 more later...

I think these UT fans are smart, not cocky...