PDA

View Full Version : VolleyBall Playoff info

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Sinton plays Hondo in Poth tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. Guess we'll find out who wins on Wednesday. I'm not driving to Poth. Good Luck Lady Pirates!! :cheerl:

BTW: I hope no one showed up in Gp Saturday. They did not play that game against Ingleside. They flipped and lost the flip and got 3rd in district, which was right anyway since they lost to Ingleside. :doh: Weird.

District303aPastPlayer
10-31-2005, 10:12 AM
i think i might be at that game...

Phil C
10-31-2005, 10:15 AM
I agree that since we lost twice to Ingleside they should have already had second place and it shouldn't have been decided by a coin flip but they need to get these things set up before the season and not during or afterward.

Phil C
10-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I won't be able to make the drive either. Too expensive the gas plus I already had the trip to San Antonio on Wednesday planned. :(

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 10:32 AM
the lady hawks of zapata are going to play the lady pirates of hidalgo..tuesday in rio grande

rhs78
10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
The Lady Raiders and the Ladies for Cameron Yoe meet in Brenham at 7:00 pm Tuesday.

Phil C
10-31-2005, 10:37 AM
I remember once years ago when only two teams from the district went to the playoffs and they had a 3 way tie with Refugio, Taft and Aransas Pass when they were in the same district in 2A. I thing the scores were about Taft 13 Aransas Pass 7, Aransas Pass 12 Refugio 8, and Refugio 20 Taft 6. They had no agreement and based on the scores it would have been Refugio as first and Aransas Pass as runner up and Taft out of the playoffs. There was no agreement (which has to be decided before the season) so they had to have coin flip and Refugion won it as district champions but Taft beat Aransas Pass as the runner up. It was a big disappointed for Aransas Pass because they hadn't been in the playoffs so long but they took care of business the following season and made sure it didn't come to a coin flip or point differential thing. That is why things should be discussed and agreed to before the season and not after or during.

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember once years ago when only two teams from the district went to the playoffs and they had a 3 way tie with Refugio, Taft and Aransas Pass when they were in the same district in 2A. I thing the scores were about Taft 13 Aransas Pass 7, Aransas Pass 12 Refugio 8, and Refugio 20 Taft 6. They had no agreement and based on the scores it would have been Refugio as first and Aransas Pass as runner up and Taft out of the playoffs. There was no agreement (which has to be decided before the season) so they had to have coin flip and Refugion won it as district champions but Taft beat Aransas Pass as the runner up. It was a big disappointed for Aransas Pass because they hadn't been in the playoffs so long but they took care of business the following season and made sure it didn't come to a coin flip or point differential thing. That is why things should be discussed and agreed to before the season and not after or during. Are you saying that the coaches have to agree on how to settle a tie within their own district? :D And that in this case (and maybe this years case) they were not properly prepared? :thinking:

football4life
10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Go lady eagles! gonna dominate monahans then the rest of the state!:clap: :clap:

lobo12
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
does monahans play canyon first, and i dont think canyon will dominate them, this is probably monahans's last year of domination in volleyball

football4life
10-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
does monahans play canyon first, and i dont think canyon will dominate them, this is probably monahans's last year of domination in volleyball

No we dont play monahans till the 2nd or 3rd round i believe. Should be a great match though, canyon took monahans to five games last year, and they're pretty pumped about this year's match up.

eagles_victory
10-31-2005, 07:18 PM
What are the Cameron volleyball girls called the Cameron Yoewomen.

Buccaneer
10-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks P4S, I am sending little Buc to the game. He is the Sinton Godson of Sinton volleyball!

lobo12
10-31-2005, 07:36 PM
canyon was the best team that played monahans last year, they could have won just as easily, i think the loboes are better this year because of experience......they only had one senior on the team and she wasnt one of the standout players

loboes86
11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Monahans Lady Loboes played Canyon Lady Eagles tonight
and won in three games, 25-17,25-12,and 25-14.
Way to go Monahans ! :wave:

GreenMonster
11-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Iowa Park and Pilot Point played tonight in Springtown, I don't have any results yet but I will check to see if they are on the news this evening and get those up.

THE BEAR
11-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Loboes are going to State again. They will win it also.

Rainman
11-08-2005, 10:52 PM
When they beat Barbers Hill in the finals last year, they did so as a team with great talent. I expect them to have another very successful playoff run.

shankbear
11-08-2005, 11:11 PM
The Lady Barbers Hillers (eAGLE GIRLS)beat Bridge City in straight sets tonight at Lee College in Baytown.