PDA

View Full Version : I got a maybe stupid question but can you help me

Fish's mom
10-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Okay say Ingleside wins next Friday's night game and it doesnt matter who wins at AP or Mathis They'll be a three way tie for 2 or 3 spots for playoffs, how do they decide who goes etc. Okay I'm a newbie don't know the system? Can anyone answer this for me? Just curious, not saying we're going to win(even though I know they are capable) just want to know what happens in this kind of situation?:)

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Okay say Ingleside wins next Friday's night game and it doesnt matter who wins at AP or Mathis They'll be a three way tie for 2 or 3 spots for playoffs, how do they decide who goes etc. Okay I'm a newbie don't know the system? Can anyone answer this for me? Just curious, not saying we're going to win(even though I know they are capable) just want to know what happens in this kind of situation?:)

2 way tie, the outcome of the prior meeting of the 2 teams is used. 3 way tie there is some other form of tie breaker. Maybe a point system or possibly a coin toss where all 3 coaches toss a coin and the odd man is out. There are many different forms of breaking ties throughout the state.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
2 way tie, the outcome of the prior meeting of the 2 teams is used. 3 way tie there is some other form of tie breaker. Maybe a point system or possibly a coin toss where all 3 coaches toss a coin and the odd man is out. There are many different forms of breaking ties throughout the state.

It's up to each individual district, isn't that right??

Don't feel stupid fish's mom...I had the exact same question yesterday (on the Region 1 sticky)....GWOOD patiently explained the way the point system is done in our district!

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Those point system things can get pretty darn confusing.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Those point system things can get pretty darn confusing.

Boy, that's the truth. I got lost at + points and - points....all I know is we need to beat Monahans by 8 points, but I don't know what for.

Seeding maybe??

Fish's mom
10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's up to each individual district, isn't that right??

Don't feel stupid fish's mom...I had the exact same question yesterday (on the Region 1 sticky)....GWOOD patiently explained the way the point system is done in our district!

Thanks everyone. Wonder if any of the Sinton posters knows how our district systems works...........not that they ever needed it:p

Greenmonster won't really work in this case unless Mathis wins because we beat them but if AP wins they beats us but lost to Goliad and this case scenerio would only be if we beat Goliad?????? Now do I have everyone confused? Dang it's a close one and really wont know until after Friday nights games I guess

Ranger Mom
10-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Thanks everyone. Wonder if any of the Sinton posters knows how our district systems works...........not that they ever needed it:p

Greenmonster won't really work in this case unless Mathis wins because we beat them but if AP wins they beats us but lost to Goliad and this case scenerio would only be if we beat Goliad?????? Now do I have everyone confused? Dang it's a close one and really wont know until after Friday nights games I guess

WOW!! What's scary is I understood exactly what you were saying!!:p

GreenMonster
10-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Well, in our district there is a 4 way tie for first place with one game left. Any of the 4 teams could be declared district champion and any of the 4 teams could be sitting at home the next week.

Fish's mom
10-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! What's scary is I understood exactly what you were saying!!:p
LOL like another language, always thought them football and baseball players should get an extra credit for a foreign language HAHA

Fish's mom
10-31-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, in our district there is a 4 way tie for first place with one game left. Any of the 4 teams could be declared district champion and any of the 4 teams could be sitting at home the next week.

Guess what they say is true IT AINT OVER TO THE FAT LADY SINGS
;)

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
sing it fat lady