PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs Llano Thoughts?

hornfan
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
What are your thoughts about the wimberley llano game on friday night does llano have a chance against them...my take the way some wimberley fans are talking they are underestimating llano...i think they look at the LH score and think these guys are lightweights...you look at the score against LH and that was not the same Llano team i saw on Friday night against Bandera. We had juniors playing like it was their last game as a senior. i think that Llano can give Wimberley a game just like last year...Wimberley is looking ahead to the playoffs and Llano wins in a nail biter is my take what do yall think?

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 10:49 PM
I hope so!! I don't know "squat" about either team, but hope Llano wins just because I don't like what I hear about Wimberly fans.

Is that biased of me?:thinking:

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 10:51 PM
The Wimberly fans over at TPX still think they beat Cuero in 2nd round last year... Had to walk into a nursery full of hungry babies with crap in their diapers to get away from all of the whining...

So I dunno how much those guys know if that's who you're talking about...

Llano will have to play one of the best games they can put together to beat this tough team, though...

ro_tex_solja
wimberley has an excellent chance of winning d1 and i hope they do....llano has no chance week

hornfan
haha i dont think so i dont like what i hear about wimberley fans either but i have other reasons having to play down there a few years back but anyways.

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I hope so!! I don't know "squat" about either team, but hope Llano wins just because I don't like what I hear about Wimberly fans.

Is that biased of me?:thinking:

Yes. I am a huge fan of the Wimberly coach whom I had the pleasure to play a season for in HS. I hold him in higher regard than Kent Jackson over at Sweetwater and Coach Jackson is WAY up the list. Everyone has bad fans. The LH coach likes to run up the score on people which I highly disagree with but I still root for the LH kids.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Yes. I am a huge fan of the Wimberly coach whom I had the pleasure to play a season for in HS. I hold him in higher regard than Kent Jackson over at Sweetwater and Coach Jackson is WAY up the list. Everyone has bad fans. The LH coach likes to run up the score on people which I highly disagree with but I still root for the LH kids.

Hey!!! You are supposed to agree with everything I say!! :D

Maybe you are right....I shouldn't hold anything against a team because of a few idiotic fans.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Wimberley will be very tough to beat, particularly at home. Their defense is very, very solid. Now, their punter and kicker are something else. Several times the punter would run for yards sideways before either punting or trying for the fake. The thing was, when he took off in a run, you didn't know which it would be.

I did have an observation from our game. I noticed that the offense seemed to be frustrated the first half and had quite a few penalties. I don't know if it was because our defense wasn't giving anything up, or if the offense was just not clicking. Or the frustration may have been because of the penalties.

I won't say that there's no way Llano can beat Wimberley, because on any given Friday, any team could beat another. It will be extremely difficult, but it happened last year when they least expected it.

Good luck, Llano! I like underdogs at times, so I'll be pulling for you. :)

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 01:11 AM
wimberley is playing some good football this year..i see them going deep in the play offs...the take this game big

MARLINDOGS
10-31-2005, 02:03 AM
Wimberely by 35

Chris Hart
10-31-2005, 09:32 PM
I don't expect Llano to score at all offensively. If they score , I expect it to come from their defense, or via special teams. Wimberley doesn't have the greatest offense, but with that defense who needs it? It will take a good passing team to beat Wimberley, because ain't nobody gonna run against them. I expect Wimberley to win this one BIG, 42-0. Wimberley WILL be in the Div I semis, and quite possibly go to state and win it!