PDA

View Full Version : Columbia

18handicap
10-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I guess ya'll in WC are happy now that Gonzales made the playoffs and you get to avoid Cuero.

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Hell, for all I know Cuero could be happy too, WC is a tough opponent, good ball-club over there... should atleast get 3 rounds, dunno who I'd take with the Necks and Sinton right now... but WC and Wimberly would be a great game to see in Round 2...

Necked
10-30-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I guess ya'll in WC are happy now that Gonzales made the playoffs and you get to avoid Cuero.

Us and 30 other teams in DivI, LOL!

You as a coach know as well as anyone that those "1st" are so important to a teams confidence. 1st winning season, 1st district championship, 1st playoff game, ect. Most of these kids have been playing now for 3 seasons and have expirenced everything but that 1st playoff win. I'd like to see them get that first game under their belt before they get into the meat of the playoffs.

Besides, no one wants to be invited over for dinner only to step through the front door and have a turkey shoved down their throat!

Old Green
10-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Us and 30 other teams in DivI, LOL!

You as a coach know as well as anyone that those "1st" are so important to a teams confidence. 1st winning season, 1st district championship, 1st playoff game, ect. Most of these kids have been playing now for 3 seasons and have expirenced everything but that 1st playoff win. I'd like to see them get that first game under their belt before they get into the meat of the playoffs.

Besides, no one wants to be invited over for dinner only to step through the front door and have a turkey shoved down their throat! That's funny Necked:clap: :clap: :D

18handicap
10-31-2005, 06:46 AM
I know that feeling also!! LOL!! That's why I made the statement!

gobblerfan02
10-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Hell, for all I know Cuero could be happy too, WC is a tough opponent, good ball-club over there... should atleast get 3 rounds, dunno who I'd take with the Necks and Sinton right now... but WC and Wimberly would be a great game to see in Round 2... Don't count out Gonzales just yet, those guys play with a lot of heart as well. And any team on any given night.....

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
.. but WC and Wimberly would be a great game to see in Round 2... :clap: I agree. Hope to be able to see this game!! :thumbsup: