PDA

View Full Version : Anything controversial out there?

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Does anyone have anything controversial that they want to talk about? I'm bored and rather uninterested in what the D-Low has to offer today. Anybody??? Anything??? C'mon now somebody's gotta have something. A bad call, a poor coaching decision, bad fans.

NateDawg39
10-30-2005, 04:48 PM
How about Old Card still crying over everything. and Bullfrog fan or what ev his name is saying I make my team look bad by giving my team praise!

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Bad fans? How about "YOU SUCK" being yelled by some fans of a winning team?

turbostud
10-30-2005, 05:01 PM
How about getting flipped off friday night during pre game warmups by two Donna players. LOW CLASS.

injuredinmelee
10-30-2005, 05:03 PM
How about schools that let ther fans sit on the oppositions side of the stadium. I you have too many fans to fit on your side, build a bigger stadium. The visiting fans dont want to see you sitting there. They dont want to hear you cheer on your team. They dont want to see you clapping to the school song. STAY ON YOUR OWN SIDE!

What about cops on the visting side of the stadium tellign he student section to sit down because the home town fans sitting behind them could not see. Tell me that isnt bull crap!

Old Tiger
10-30-2005, 05:13 PM
The gas gouging(spelling?) going on by the major oil corporations.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
How about schools that let ther fans sit on the oppositions side of the stadium. I you have too many fans to fit on your side, build a bigger stadium. The visiting fans dont want to see you sitting there. They dont want to hear you cheer on your team. They dont want to see you clapping to the school song. STAY ON YOUR OWN SIDE!

What about cops on the visting side of the stadium tellign he student section to sit down because the home town fans sitting behind them could not see. Tell me that isnt bull crap!

Ohhhh!! I like this one!

Tell me more!!!

wildstangs
10-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Rangermom..Remember when the Sweetwater high schoolers and the band used to sit on the visitors side of the bowl?

I remember a few Snyder fans sitting on the Sweetwater side a few years back to. Seems like we had some trouble getting all our tickets as well this last season.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Rangermom..Remember when the Sweetwater high schoolers and the band used to sit on the visitors side of the bowl?

Yes I do, that was quite interesting to say the least!

I also remember being "slammed" by a sweetwater poster when I said I thought Sweetwater showed class when we beat them in the Region Finals that year.

He came back and told me that I needed to tell our superintendent that because the super had written a scathing letter about the incident a couple of years before.

I believe it was YOU who jumped to my defense and credited coach Jackson for getting the students and band back over on the home side.

BTW, if I never thanked you for that....THANKS!!

wildstangs
10-30-2005, 05:33 PM
I do what I can :) Hopefully Sweetwater will get some revenge for that playoff loss this year!

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I do what I can :) Hopefully Sweetwater will get some revenge for that playoff loss this year!

Awwww....yall have beat us twice in the past 2 years! :(

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Man, I hate that too. Both Vernon Burkburnett allow fans to sit wherever they please. I don't want to see these A-holes anymore than they want me sitting right smack dab in the middle of the reserved section screaming "GO HAWKS!". Wildstangs are you serious about the Sweetwater band sitting on the visitors side???? Wow, the bowl is big enough for them to be seated on the home side. That's just disgraceful. That's almost as bad as Breckenridge used to treat us. We dressed at the end of one end zone but we had to traverse the length of the field under the bleachers to get to the nearest open gate to the playing field. There was a gate handy to the locker room it was just locked until after the final whistle. That's low class by the opposing school district. Call it home field advantage if you want but I call it low class.

wildstangs
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Yep..our band used to sit over there. I dont really know what the reasoning was, but I wouldn't mind if they moved them back over there.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 05:39 PM
That was the OLD Sweetwater, before Coach Jackson. It isn't allowed anymore. In fact, when Swtrmstngs04 and I had our Meet and Greet this year, I had to go through a guarded gate to even get to the scoreboard!

chaingang
10-30-2005, 05:40 PM
How about this,........the 3adl is biased to west and south Texas schools:eek: :p

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Yep..our band used to sit over there. I dont really know what the reasoning was, but I wouldn't mind if they moved them back over there.

LOL!! Yeah, the band wasn't the problem, AT ALL! It was the students.....they were just downright MEAN!!

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Cuero has a bigger stadium, so if the other side isn't full, Cuero fans will sit in a certain section over there...

This week Old Green and I noticed some Cuero fans sitting over on Yoakum's side (game was in Yoakum)... Yoakum didn't fill up their side, so there was a section some Cuero fans were in... forget which QT it was, but the Yoakum fans ran 'em off and were yelling at 'em... coulda gotten nasty...

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That was the OLD Sweetwater, before Coach Jackson. It isn't allowed anymore. In fact, when Swtrmstngs04 and I had our Meet and Greet this year, I had to go through a guarded gate to even get to the scoreboard!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Coach Jackson a couple of times and even did a little traveling just to go watch one of his Olney teams play in the playoffs. He is first rate. I have all the respect in the world for Kent Jackson. He's a fine Christian man and teaches his athletes to take the extra step to do things right. Quality man and a class act. I wish that I had had the chance to play for him and his Flex Bone offense.

mwynn05
10-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! Yeah, the band wasn't the problem, AT ALL! It was the students.....they were just downright MEAN!! Could you even hear them?

lostaussie
10-30-2005, 05:54 PM
there are not enough region II posters. nobody that ever tells me my team sucks. i'm gonna start recruiting. maybe when the playoffs start some will come out. :)

44INAROW
10-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Bad fans? How about "YOU SUCK" being yelled by some fans of a winning team?

I have no idea who you mean :D :D :D some fans give all Texans' a bad name :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
there are not enough region II posters. nobody that ever tells me my team sucks. i'm gonna start recruiting. maybe when the playoffs start some will come out. :)

Your team sucks. Oh, and your momma wears army boots. :p ;)