PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield vs Bridge City

Bobkat
09-29-2002, 05:04 PM
How will this game turnout? Bridge City will definetly be the favorite in this one. The Cards have won the past two years in what were close games at the half. But both years the Cards came out and in the second half and took the opening drive for TD's taking all the win out of the Cats sails. If the Cats play well and play their type of ball I really believe they can keep it close and try to find away to win it in the in. But if the Cats keep failing to score in the redzone it could be a long night. Last week against Kountze the Cats only scored once out of 4 tries inside the 20 yard line. Game was not as close as indicated by the score, with Alex Sauceda rushing for 357 yards and Kountze scoring with no time left on the Cats second team. I belive the Cardinals game was the same way, with the score not really indicating how well they played last week. Should be a good game, most rivalry type games are good no matter how good or bad both teams are, and Orangefield hasn't been very good the past two years. But this year they're better, a lot better. Should be a good one!!! :D

Go Cats!!!

exbccards76'smom
09-29-2002, 08:07 PM
The way things look, we might have a "wet" Bayou Bowl Friday night. It all depends again on what the storm in the gulf does. My hubby works with agerton's dad, so we have known hi, for a long time. My ole' alma mater gave ya'll a run for the money Friday night. Let's hope everything stays high and dry, and that no one gets hurt Friday night. :cool:

BigBoy85
09-29-2002, 08:08 PM
Well I agree that Orangefield has a good team this year, but I don't think that they are good enough to beat BC. Probobaly evey poll in the state will have BC picked to win over Orangefield because thats what is probobaly going to happen. But, I alwyas love to see teams that are underated defeat someone that is as good as BC. I think this could be a very close game and I hope that the Cats couls pull off the upset. eek!

ej2525
09-30-2002, 12:55 PM
I don't think on their best day that OF could beat BC this year. However, if the little lady in the Gulf blows in on Thursday like possibly predicted the sloppy conditions could change all aspects of the game.