PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Game of the Week (10): Goliad @ Ingleside

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 12:10 PM
District 30 - the Goliad Tigers will be in Ingleside taking on the Mustangs. We're down to the wire with a fight for playoff rights and according to Russ's indepth research, I'm not sure who's got the best chance. :eek:

Originally posted by big daddy russ
Alright guys, just realized Mathis still has an outside shot. I've been thinking over this crazy thing all day and came to this epiphany:

-Mathis must beat AP.
-Ingleside must lose to Goliad.
-If Mathis wins by 16 or more and Ingleside loses, the Pirates make it.
-If not, Mathis must win by at least 10 to have a shot. That ties them up with AP in the positive points system. If this happens, Ingleside would also have to lose by at least 6. If Mathis wins by exactly 10 and Ingleside loses by exactly 6 then all three teams finish with -8 points. We then go to the third tiebreaker, the coaches compete against one another in a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos.
-OK, not really. I have no freaking clue what the third tiebreaker is. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been implemented since the Van Buren administration. But we all know what happened to Coach Alexander Hamilton in his tiebreaker with Coach Aaron Burr.

-Basically, Mathis is in if Ingleside loses and they win by 16 or more.

Thoughts? Predictions?

big daddy russ
10-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Sorry LH Panther Mom. This morning I realized that I had completely overthought the situation. A case of flawed logic.

Mathis has no shot of getting in. If Ingleside wins, they get one more week of football. It's a simple as that.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Sorry LH Panther Mom. This morning I realized that I had completely overthought the situation. A case of flawed logic.

Mathis has no shot of getting in. If Ingleside wins, they get one more week of football. It's a simple as that.

Aw, man! I was going to see about getting tickets to watch the Hungry, Hungry Hippos matchup. ;)

big daddy russ
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Aw, man! I was going to see about getting tickets to watch the Hungry, Hungry Hippos matchup. ;)
It would've been riveting.

Buccaneer
10-30-2005, 08:57 PM
If Ingleside wins and AP loses to Mathis, Ingleside is in as 2nd seed and Goliad is 3rd.

If Ingleside wins and AP wins they are in a 3way tie with Goliad.
Goliad would go in before the game at +18, Ingleside -2 and AP -16. Goliad would come out no worse than at 0, and the worst Ingleside could be is -1. AP would be out.

If Ingleside loses and AP wins , Goliad is the 2nd seed and AP the 3rd.

If Ingleside loses and AP loses there is a 3way tie for 3rd. Ingleside would be +16, AP would be going in at +2 and Mathis at -18. Mathis is out the best they could be is 0. AP is out the best they could be is +1.

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 09:09 PM
I still can't believe that Goliad has made the playoffs 2 straight years after going 1-20 or whatever it was in Cuero's district...

Gotta be a good thing for those guys...

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 01:06 AM
ingleside by 2 td's....

IHStangFan
10-31-2005, 10:58 AM
If they play like they did against Mathis and Sinton....

Ingleside BIG!

gobblerfan02
10-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Im rootin' for Goliad, but afraid Ingleside will take it in the end!

99IHSMustang
11-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Ingleside seems to be improving from week to week. I believe they will pull out the win.

Fish's mom
11-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't make predictions, just cheer. Go Mustangs, here's your chance to show them what a young team can do. If not, we'll be quicker and better next year and proud of all ya'll. Good Luck!!! and may it be an injury free game:)

PlayaJBiehl20
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Im going with Ingleside.

fury900
11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Ingleside

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Ingleside :)

GO MUSTANGS...

(how weird is it that i have said, this season, Go Panthers, Go Pirates and Go Mustangs...)

AP Panther Fan
11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
(how weird is it that i have said, this season, Go Panthers, Go Pirates and Go Mustangs...)

:inlove: :kiss: we KNOW you really like us.;)

BlueBlood
11-03-2005, 05:27 PM
I want Goliad to win.

piratebg
11-03-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm going with the Stangs by 2tds. They are deifinitley a team that has just continued to improve after a rough start.

gobbler grad
11-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry Goliad, but it ain't gonna happen...playoff run will end soon too...:(

99IHSMustang
11-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Well its do or die time for the Mustangs tonight. A win gets them into the playoffs for the second year in a row. A loss could possibly mean the end to there season. If the last 2 games played by the Mustangs are an indication on how they will play tonight, I am sure it will be an exciting game for the Ingleside fans.

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Well its do or die time for the Mustangs tonight. A win gets them into the playoffs for the second year in a row. A loss could possibly mean the end to there season. If the last 2 games played by the Mustangs are an indication on how they will play tonight, I am sure it will be an exciting game for the Ingleside fans.

Ingleside should win this one and I am glad that it is at home for you guys!

After seeing you play Sinton last week, you deserve to go to the playoffs...I have never seen more determination from a team than I did last week. I will be cheering you on. As a matter of fact, I hope you win tonight by an excess of 11 points and take the second place in district.

Here's hoping for an injury free game and a HUGE Mustang win!:D

99IHSMustang
11-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Ingleside should win this one and I am glad that it is at home for you guys!

After seeing you play Sinton last week, you deserve to go to the playoffs...I have never seen more determination from a team than I did last week. I will be cheering you on. As a matter of fact, I hope you win tonight by an excess of 11 points and take the second place in district.

Here's hoping for an injury free game and a HUGE Mustang win!:D

I bet the players would appreciated words like this from an outstanding "AP Panther Fan". :clap: Cmon Stangs lets extend our football season another week!