PDA

View Full Version : Region II Game of the Week (10): Kennedale @ Dallas Madison

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 11:29 AM
District 10 - the Wildcats will be at Madison taking on the Trojans for the district championship. The loss of Wilmer-Hutchins in the district has given each team an extra open week and the games appears that it could come down to the wire.

Kennedale, 8-1 (2-0 district), has scored an average of 37 pts/game in district, while allowing their opponents 9.5 pts/game.

Madison, 8-1 (2-0 district), has an average of 29 pts/game scored in district, allowing their opponents 5 pts/game due to the shut-out of Ferris this past week.

Thoughts? Predictions?

lostaussie
10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
i'll take madison in a sqeaker. i thought before the season started they were the regionII team to beat. now i just don't know. good luck too both.

JR2004
10-30-2005, 10:48 PM
If Madison wants to win their first district championship since the DC was the star RB in the late 80's (They were district champs 88-90), they'll have to hold Kennedale to under 250 yards rushing and force a couple of turnovers in my opinion to be able to beat the Wildcats. While the offense for Madison is gradually getting better, the defense is still the backbone of this team and ultimately will determine if they are able to make a deeper playoff run than they did last season. Here's some of the stats for the defense thus far this season.

They give up 146.3 yards per game.

Opponents have completed 38-136 (28 percent completion percentage) with 9 int's vs. 3 TD passes. Crandall had the best passing performance against them completing 9-31. For having a soph. and a junior as the starting CB's, I'm impressed because they replaced a 1st team all-state CB from a year ago as well as another one who is now playing for TCU.

This I think probably will tell the story of who wins this game.

In Madison's lone loss to Lincoln, a game in which they played without starting DT Allen Lee (The kid is every bit Jason Thompson's equal in my opinion) they gave up 315 yards on the ground and 406 yards for the game to go along with 35 points. Being able to run the ball on Madison= beating Madison.

In Madison's 7 wins the defense gave up 109.2 yards, 9 points per game and allowed only one team to score more than one TD, with that being Roosevelt. Three times this season the defense has pitched a shutout. I say three times because SOC's only TD came on a fumble recovery for a TD on a muffed punt. I don't expect a shutout this week, but they'll need to hold Kennedale to 21 or less to have a shot at winning this game. The Trojans resolve defensively should be tested early and often as they've given up just one sustained drive for a TD since the loss to Lincoln. Kennedale has an offense built for games like this, but hopefully Madison can play some bend but don't break defense against the Wildcats and keep the score close going into the 4th quarter.

I fully expect Kennedale to surpass these totals because as usual they have a powerful ground game and should easily be the best offense Madison has faced this season that doesn't have a Purple Tiger as a mascot. Kennedale has the experience of having been involved in numerous games like this and it could prove to be the difference between the two teams.

Buckeye80
10-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
While the offense for Madison is gradually getting better, the defense is still the backbone of this team and ultimately will determine if they are able to make a deeper playoff run than they did last season.

Well, hopefully y'all will have to get past us in the third round again this year. And I honestly believe that if Madison does end up playing the Buckeyes; they will not have seen as explosive an offense as Gilmer has, and the Buckeyes should be able to take advantage. Last year, the Buckeyes took advantage of offensive speed and a stingy defense. Though the defense is down a bit this year, the Buckeyes still sport a potent offense.
If we make it past two rounds, and the Trojans do the same, we'll see all the Trojan fans in Greenville.

WISHFUL THINKING!!!!!

PlayaJBiehl20
10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
I think that Kennedale will win this one in a close game.

FootballChik98
10-31-2005, 11:40 PM
This should be a great game, but I'll take Madison in a close one.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I like Kennedale in this one. By the way, can someone tell me who if any replaced Wimer-Hutchins in distric 10-3a

JR2004
11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Well, hopefully y'all will have to get past us in the third round again this year. And I honestly believe that if Madison does end up playing the Buckeyes; they will not have seen as explosive an offense as Gilmer has, and the Buckeyes should be able to take advantage. Last year, the Buckeyes took advantage of offensive speed and a stingy defense. Though the defense is down a bit this year, the Buckeyes still sport a potent offense.
If we make it past two rounds, and the Trojans do the same, we'll see all the Trojan fans in Greenville.

WISHFUL THINKING!!!!!

Well this year I believe we might have to wait another round for a rematch because this year Madison goes in as the 1 seed in the D2 bracket. I think we'll be on Tatum's half of the bracket this time around, but I'd be happy to see a rematch because it would mean it would be coming in the Regional Final. :) You can't think too far ahead, but I know that game has been in the back of the player's and coaches minds for Madison so if they're fortunate enough to make it to y'all the Trojans will be ready to give the state champs a good game.

I wouldn't mind a trip back to Greenville to play y'all. However I wouldn't be surprised though if Coach Johnson decides to flip home and home if Kincaide Stadium is available that week. DISD really did a great job putting that athletic complex together. Either way it'll be fun if it happens. Y'all folks from Gilmer seem to be a pretty nice group of people so maybe we can have a meet and greet before the game if we both make it to the Regional Final.

JustAFan
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I like Kennedale in this one. By the way, can someone tell me who if any replaced Wimer-Hutchins in distric 10-3a

Nobody replaced Wilmer-Hutchins. 10-3A was a 5 team district last year and is a 4 team district this year.

Aesculus gilmus
11-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I wouldn't be surprised though if Coach Johnson decides to flip home and home if Kincaide Stadium is available that week. DISD really did a great job putting that athletic complex together. Either way it'll be fun if it happens. Y'all folks from Gilmer seem to be a pretty nice group of people so maybe we can have a meet and greet before the game if we both make it to the Regional Final.

I would love for Gilmer and Madison to match up in the Region II final. It's not that we are afraid of Tatum, but we have already played them two years in a row. The third time might be the charm for them. I can tell you that Coach Traylor might very well agree to the coin flip since Buckeye Stadium has been upgraded to field turf this year.

fury900
11-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Kennedale

PlayaJBiehl20
11-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I wanna change my pick from Kennedale to Dallas Madison.