PDA

View Full Version : To WOS fans a question?

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I understand that Earl Thomas will be out this week for the Bridge City game. Exactly what injuries does he have and what impact did that have with this last game and how do you think this will impact your one two punch against Bridge City this week?

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I think he just has a minor ankle injury and might play. If he doesn't play, it will be a factor but not a devastating one by any means.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I think he just has a minor ankle injury and might play. If he doesn't play, it will be a factor but not a devastating one by any means.

I know with a game like this, I would bet that kid is just begging Dan Hooks to play this week.

GS#17
10-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Anytime a starter is not playing, it's going to have some effect. How much is up to speculation. The thing about WOS is that there is no shortage of skill players, and a lot of "backups" amassed a pretty good amount of playing time against Anahuac, HJ, HF, and OF. I don't think WOS loses much of a step, if any, with Garrett filling in -- he is a tremendous athlete and a great RB.

As for a 1-2 punch, I imagine you mean the run-pass combo, not a Beasley-Thomas combo. As for that (for reasons stated above), I think WOS is in good shape going into the game.

GS#17
10-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I know with a game like this, I would bet that kid is just begging Dan Hooks to play this week.

I'm sure he is... He is a great competitor!

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 11:15 AM
I think he means the Thomas-Garrett combo.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I think he means the Thomas-Garrett combo.

Yes I do

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 11:20 AM
If Thomas would have played against OF you could have tacked on another 2 TD's. He would have really helped on Defense as well. When he's not in there it does hurt.

WOS1
10-30-2005, 11:46 AM
If Thomas does play (which I'm pretty sure he will) he'll probably play a lot in the slot. Garrett is pretty solid at RB and Thomas is another great receiver for us. This would give us Beasley and Garrett (who the coaches are saying may be the best ever at WO-S) in the backfield. Thomas, Franks, Lewis and White at the 4 wide, it will be pretty difficult to contain, but BC may be the best defense we've seen.

Has BC faced the spread yet this year?

WOS1
10-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I just got a call.... Earl is definitely NOT playing this week. Even though it is for the DC, I guess we need to worry about the playoffs... I think this will hurt a LOT on defense!!

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 12:00 PM
That will hurt, especaiily on Defense....:mad:

chaingang
10-30-2005, 12:08 PM
WOS by 28;)

WOS1
10-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I hear there's a serious crack problem in Lafayette...:rolleyes:

chaingang
10-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Well this is a college town:thinking: :D

pantherpop
10-30-2005, 12:20 PM
There were about 5 WOS coaches or scouts or maybe just big guys from WOS sitting behind me at the Liberty-Huffman game friday night and they were sure pulling for Huffman to win that game. My guess is that you guys are really wanting another shot at Huffman.

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
You bet!!

WOS1
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I was one of those guys behind you, but I'm not a coach. The rest of them were, though. Yes we would love nothing more than another shot at Huffman.:D

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm going to Liberty Friday night to check out the Hill.

WOS1
10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm either going to Huffman OR the Hill. I just have a feeling that Huffman is going to pull it all together.

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 12:45 PM
If you go to Liberty let me know.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I just got a call.... Earl is definitely NOT playing this week. Even though it is for the DC, I guess we need to worry about the playoffs... I think this will hurt a LOT on defense!!

Wow, that is big news. Thanks for the update.

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I would bet that WO-S would want Huffman--they know that BH is the strongest team over there and they don't want that kind of competition.
If Huffman plays WO-S as weak as they seem to be, it will be a walkover.

3afan
10-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
WO-S ..... they don't want that kind of competition.

OC throwing out HSOs !!!!

[Hot Sports Opinions for you unlearned .....]

GS#17
10-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Great call, OC. Yes, just judging the WOS predistrict schedule, in which they slated 4A powerhouses, last year's 3A D2 state finalist, and last year's 2A D1 state finalist, it is obvious we shiver when we're faced with tough competition. We don't even play well against them -- we're only unbeaten at this point. Word is Hooks is seeing if the UIL will just crown WOS the state champions without going through all these hard playoff games against good teams...

Now, let's get a reality check, OC... To be the best, you have to beat the best. From here on out, there are no weak sisters -- everyone has played well enough to earn a playoff spot. If WOS is destined to play in the state game, they will have earned it by beating some quality football teams; if they don't make it, then they aren't as good as advertised and don't deserve to be there. But, for you to think WOS doesn't want tough competition is absolutely ridiculous. The team knows they're going to face some very good teams, and they're ready to play them -- the challenge of beating great teams is why they play the game. To suggest they're going to back down from any team at this point is just silly.

If there is a preference to play Huffman, it is because it is the only chance they'll get to avenge last year's loss (Huffman will be 4A next year, and I doubt the two will play in predistrict). However, unlike predistrict, you can't choose who you play, and I'd be willing to bet that if it comes down to a WOS-BH showdown, WOS will not have a second thought as to who their first round opponent is or who you think they would like it to be.

WOS1
10-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I would bet that WO-S would want Huffman--they know that BH is the strongest team over there and they don't want that kind of competition.
If Huffman plays WO-S as weak as they seem to be, it will be a walkover.

No doubt... we would want no part of that "murderers row" of a schedule BC has played.:rolleyes:

pantherpop
10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
As I said before, if it weren't for the hurricane cancelling games against Jasper and Silsbee, Bridge City could very well have two losses at this stage. Dont get me wrong I know they have a good team but thier schedule has been favorable to say the least.

3afan
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
get ready ............

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
As I said before, if it weren't for the hurricane cancelling games against Jasper and Silsbee, Bridge City could very well have two losses at this stage. Dont get me wrong I know they have a good team but thier schedule has been favorable to say the least.

That is HUGE speculation that Bridge City would lose to Silsbee and Jasper. I think those two schools would have got the big L. Jasper would have been a tough one....no doubt. They are a fine school. Silsbee......come on?

I know WOS didn't play Newton either and that could have definently been a loss. It works both ways.

Old Cardinal
10-31-2005, 11:10 AM
To PantherPop: We have ignored you over and over. I only hope we get to play Liberty in the BiDistrict, BC will embarasss you once again and our second and third team will run all over you just like last time. I like the Liberty team but you have no speed in which to contest people.
It's a mute point as to who wins between BC vs Jasper or Silsbee everyone of us have an opinion but it just did not take place.
I can see you are trying to retaliate from the big win BC put on your Panthers but get ready it will happen in the Playoffs and it will really happen in the preseason next year....now I am ready to ignore you once again and go on to more important matters....