PDA

View Full Version : Region III Game of the Week (10): Rice @ Bellville (merged)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Rice will come to Bellville for this one. Both teams are 4-0 in district and the only loss between the two is a Bellville loss to #3 Cameron Yoe in the last 20 seconds of the game. Bellville has played a tougher pre-district scedule, playing 3 top rated teams to begin the year, the biggest win over at the time Marlin was #1 in some polls and #2 in others. Bellville won that one in Marlin. Rice looks to upset the #12 Brahmas, Bellville will be favored but look for Rice to come out on all cylinders. Bellville looked to be a rebuilding year with so many underclassmen playing this year, but has looked like a contender from the 1st game.
Give some insight and a prediction on this one.

CheerMom
10-29-2005, 12:37 AM
This will be a great game. Rice has been improving every week, and Dumont has done a tremendous job with these young men. They have beaten all the odds so far this season, and I think they can do it again next week. No matter what the outcome, we are very proud of this team. They have the hearts of champions!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

pirate4state
10-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Wow, sounds like it is gonna be a good game!! Wish I could be there, but that is a little far. Good Luck to both teams!! :clap:

CheerMom
10-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Wow, sounds like it is gonna be a good game!! Wish I could be there, but that is a little far. Good Luck to both teams!! :clap:

C'mon, you know you're ready for a road trip. Plus, the flag will be there!!:D

2kool
10-29-2005, 07:31 AM
rice by 14

Brahma73
10-29-2005, 11:44 AM
I've seen both play. Bellville is solid in the line on both sides of the ball. Will have to rely on the run as the passing game is very shaky. Rice has the kind of swarming, unnerving defense that really gets to the quarterback and can get outside to neutralize an outside running threat. They also cover well in the secondary. If Rice can run the ball effectively, this could be quite interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if Rice pulls off the upset.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2005, 11:49 AM
This game is scheduled to be the Region III game of the week. If any of you Bellville folks are going to get your undies in a bunch over it, you need to say it now so I can look elsewhere.

ILS1
10-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Hello!!!! How about Hutto/Cameron as Game Of The Week for Region III??? You might have to make 2 different threads for both of these games. Thanks LHPM!!

:D :D

rhs78
10-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This game is scheduled to be the Region III game of the week. If any of you Bellville folks are going to get your undies in a bunch over it, you need to say it now so I can look elsewhere.

LH panther Mom, I don't know about Bellville and their Panties, but Rice would be Honored to have this game be the Game Of the Week in Region III. Thanks

BrahmaDAD70
10-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Ive seen both teams play and they are evenly matched.
Rice is playing in Bellville "The Pasture of Pain" and that is
worth 3 points. Bellville 31 Rice 28

Just think
If the game was in the swamp Bellville would be a 3 point underdog so it all makes sense.
No homer here. Just the facts.

rhs78
10-29-2005, 08:03 PM
I posted the teams stats on the other thread,these teams stats mirror each other,it should be close if both teams play like they have been. The Pasture is a tough place to play in. a big advantage for the Bulls, but this will be the Raiders 6th road game this year and the young Raiders play well on the road. it should be a great game.

GO RAIDERS

Raider Nurse
10-29-2005, 08:28 PM
I believe in the Rice Raiders and I believe they can win this week. It will be tough at the pasture of pain, but as Cheer Mom said, they have the heart of a champion. I saw one of the best football games in my life between Rice and Bellville two years ago in Bellville and this one I feel could be the same. I think both teams will leave it all on the field. Go,Rice! We are proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

left side
10-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Both teams are good, I'll give them that. But remind me again, who has rice played this year? Umm...... a bunch of teams that nobody has even heard of. Belville clearly has had a much harder schedule and they only game they lost was in the last ticks of the game. This game might be close for a little while then watch for belville to bust it open. Belville wins by at least 14.

CheerMom
10-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by left side
But remind me again, who has rice played this year? Umm...... a bunch of teams that nobody has even heard of.

I guess that includes your precious Sealy.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 09:45 AM
District 20 - battle for the district championship between the Raiders and the Brahmas at the Pasture of Pain.

Rice comes into the game undefeated, with an 8-0 record (4-0 dist). In district play, their offense is averaging 31.25 pts/game and defense is giving up 13.75 pts/game.

Bellville has an overall record of 8-1 (4-0 district) with their only loss coming early in the season the Cameron Yoe, currently # 3 in the AP poll. In their district games, the offense is averaging 33 pts/game, while the defense is giving up 12 pts/game.

:thinking: Looks to be a game with two fairly evenly matched teams that could go down to the wire. Ladies, take off the nail polish.....it tastes kind of nasty. ;)

Thoughts? Predictions?

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Good pick for a game, but don't forget the two undefeated teams - Matt's #2 WO-S and #23 Bridge City - for the district title in 24-3a.

44INAROW
10-30-2005, 10:28 AM
GO RAIDERS :)

GS#17
10-30-2005, 10:31 AM
District 20 - battle for the district championship between the Raiders and the Brahmas at the Pasture of Pain.

Just my $0.02... Any game played at a place called the "Pasture of Pain" deserves to be the game of the week. That is pretty cool. :)

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Good pick for a game, but don't forget the two undefeated teams - Matt's #2 WO-S and #23 Bridge City - for the district title in 24-3a.

I think this would have been a better game to have chosen

sealy#23
10-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I wish all my luck to BELLVILLE...Rice people are the cockiest people i've ever seen in my life.....the coaches, players, and fans.....I hope Belliville shuts them out....and then what will the Rice players be starting at, at halftime.....

What comes out of a Chinamans butt?......RICE.....RICE....RICE

Good Luck Brahmas!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I think this would have been a better game to have chosen
Maybe so, but I did have a request for Rice/Bellville, which saves me from having to "pick & choose". :)

Old Tiger
10-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Region III has 3 great games this week so it could of been a toss up between them.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Region III has 3 great games this week so it could of been a toss up between them.

Thats because Region 3 is loaded

BrahmaDAD70
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Now Now no mudslinging.
I was at the game in Bellville a couple of years
back and it was a barn burner.
I expect this one to be the same.
Best 5 dollars you will spend for 2 hours
of your time.
This game should have a rating of PG-13
No small children allowed. The weak of
heart STAY AWAY........

CheerMom
10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
There is never any mudslinging between the Rice and Bellville coaches, players, and fans. We have mutual respect for each other on and off the field.

This will be a great game between two great teams. I have a feeling it will be a repeat of a couple of years ago, and all will be left on the field. I look forward to Friday night and our return to the "Pasture".

CheerMom
10-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by sealy#23

What comes out of a Chinamans butt?......RICE.....RICE....RICE

That is a real mature comment that deserves some respect.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Looking forward to visiting with my friends from Rice. This is a type of game that we all love to watch, two great teams playing for the district crown. Remembering last year's game and driving by those flowers along the road, let's all be extra careful and pray for the safety of everybody involved with these two teams.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-30-2005, 02:26 PM
sealy#23, I'm not sure what you are talking about. Our fans were fine with your fans. However, on the field Sealy's players could not shut there mouth and that is what got them in trouble.

left side
10-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I never said that anybody had ever heard of sealy.

left side
10-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Insanity, thats a bunch of bull and you know it. Rice's players have the biggest mouths in the entire district. They always have. Half of their gameplan is to talk mess and get inside the other teams head. Granted it does work. but don't act like yall are some little angels that keep your mouths shut and never say one word the entire game. Dumont is the worst one out of all of yall. I guess that where you all get it from.

KL3
10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Has Brian Williams been playing for Rice the past couple of weeks? I have not seen his name in any box scores.

CheerMom
10-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, he's been playing, but not too much.
He suffered a high ankle sprain 3 games back, and hasn't been running the ball that much.

CheerMom
10-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Insanity, thats a bunch of bull and you know it. Rice's players have the biggest mouths in the entire district. They always have. Half of their gameplan is to talk mess and get inside the other teams head. Granted it does work. but don't act like yall are some little angels that keep your mouths shut and never say one word the entire game. Dumont is the worst one out of all of yall. I guess that where you all get it from.

And I guess ya'll get your dirty playing(grabbing, pinching, and twisting private parts) from your illustrious coach.
Not to mention trash talking to the cheerleaders in the line after the game!
Enough said. You were beat, deal with it!!

rhs78
10-30-2005, 06:27 PM
I know the Brahmas will be favored by at least 13 as well they should be. The Bulls are a great team with lots of experience and great winning tradition and do not lose at the Pasture very often. The Bulls have played all known schools and according to some, Rice has not played anyone this year and should get beaten badly by the Bulls. BUT i think the young Raiders will come to play friday and if they play their best game of the year they will pull a big upset win, as they are much better team than most people think. Win or lose the players will not make any excuses from either team,both of these teams will represent D-20 very well in the playoffs along with Hempstead. Good luck to the Bulls and everyone be safe. GO RAIDERS

left side
10-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Yea we were beat. I have no problem with that. My beef is the lesson that your coach is teaching his players. I don't know what your talking about with pinching, and all that stuff. Thats not the way we play. Talking mess is part of the game, it always has been and always will be. But I don't think its neccessay to make comments such as B!t(h get on your knees and, well you know who the rest goes. As for the trash talking to the cheerleaders. Thats a bunch of crap. I think your little sweetheart lied to you. I don't know if you noticed but half the team was so emotional that they couldn't talk. Why would they even need to talk to the cheerleaders. I think you are just trying to instigate something.

CheerMom
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Yea we were beat. I have no problem with that. My beef is the lesson that your coach is teaching his players. I don't know what your talking about with pinching, and all that stuff. Thats not the way we play. Talking mess is part of the game, it always has been and always will be. But I don't think its neccessay to make comments such as B!t(h get on your knees and, well you know who the rest goes. As for the trash talking to the cheerleaders. Thats a bunch of crap. I think your little sweetheart lied to you. I don't know if you noticed but half the team was so emotional that they couldn't talk. Why would they even need to talk to the cheerleaders. I think you are just trying to instigate something.

Excuse me, but you are the one who started talking mess about our coach and players. I was told by more than one player of the pinching business, and my daughter has no reason to lie to me. She told me as soon as she got off the field.
The better team won, it is over, and this is last from me on this topic. You need to grow up.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Wow. I'm not arguing on this topic anymore either. Its just stupid. Show's the immaturity of the Sealy players to try and bring it up in a topic that has nothing to do with the Rice vs. Sealy game.

HPLJ6L
10-30-2005, 09:14 PM
When I was in college I lived in Hempstead and they sucked. So I had to check out the B'ville / Hempstead game just to see for myself.
You know I don't like refs anyway, some are cool with just making fair calls but most seem to want to show how "in control" they are so they can go to the next level and it just ends up cheating the kids.
Bellville won, but it did seem like they had alot of help, and I will say this, if the Bulls don't have the zebras they will not beat the Raiders.

left side
10-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Insanity_Strikes_Again
Wow. I'm not arguing on this topic anymore either. Its just stupid. Show's the immaturity of the Sealy players to try and bring it up in a topic that has nothing to do with the Rice vs. Sealy game.

It has everything to do with the game. But the games over. It's a new week. Good luck to both rice and bellville. Stay injury free. good luck in the playoffs.

TheTK56
10-30-2005, 09:41 PM

powerranger
10-30-2005, 11:41 PM
I definatly think that Bellville will take this one. Rice is good, but it really sounds like their getting a little big headed.

The Nurse and the Cheermom need to grow up as well and stop arguing on a website like little kids.

This is a forum for football games and the players, not mommy's that wanna defend their kids.

Good Luck to both teams, and may the best team win.

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by powerranger
The Nurse and the Cheermom need to grow up as well and stop arguing on a website like little kids.
This is a forum for football games and the players, not mommy's that wanna defend their kids.

That's WAY out of line. This is a forum for ANY PERSON who wishes to participate, provided they follow the rules. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TheTK56
10-31-2005, 07:40 AM
I hope Rice gets blown out.

rhs78
10-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Good luck to both teams and I hope both teams play injury free football and start the playoff healthy and represent District-20 well. I hope this game is as close as the stats for both teams have been all year.

chugbug
10-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Sealy has been known for its trash talking for a long time. It goes all the way back to the T.J. Mills days. Left side I am sorry that you guys are not winning. But for the life of me I cannot understand why you run the spread offense and have no passing game. You are setting yourself up to lose. Things will get better. Coach Faldyn is a fine person. I just don"t know if he can weather the storm that is brewing in Sealy right now. Keep your head up. Excuses are like a@@h#$#s everybodies got one and they all stink.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

TheTK56
10-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
I just don"t know if he can weather the storm that is brewing in Sealy right

There aint no storm a brewin down here. Worry about yourself fool.

Thank You

chugbug
10-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Mark Faldyn happens to be a very good friend of mine, tk56 , I cannot understand why he puts up with classless s@#t like you.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

left side
10-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Sealy has been known for its trash talking for a long time. It goes all the way back to the T.J. Mills days. Left side I am sorry that you guys are not winning. But for the life of me I cannot understand why you run the spread offense and have no passing game. You are setting yourself up to lose. Things will get better. Coach Faldyn is a fine person. I just don"t know if he can weather the storm that is brewing in Sealy right now. Keep your head up. Excuses are like a@@h#$#s everybodies got one and they all stink.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I wasn't making excuses. You must have misinterperted my post. We run the spread offense because thats what we run. Faldyn is a great coach and a great person. There is a storm brewing in sealy and i think the clouds are fixing to open up. I don't think Faldyn is in jeporady of getting rained on but who knows around here. Ohh, Trash talking is part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I just don't understand why some people on this forum try to make it sound like their kids are the best little angels in the world and never say one word. If they do believe that well then I'm sorry because they are getting lied to and we all know it.

Brahma73
10-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
So I had to check out the B'ville / Hempstead game just to see for myself.
Bellville won, but it did seem like they had alot of help, and I will say this, if the Bulls don't have the zebras they will not beat the Raiders.

Most of Bellville's "help" came from a solid defense and a decent running game. Officiating was no factor in the game last week.

I like what I'm seeing in Hempstead right now. The program is making an unbelievable turn-around. The better team won last Friday, but the 'Cats played hard with pride.

Back to this post, I really think Rice can give Bellville fits defensively and nothing would surprise me regarding the outcome.

Just a guess: Bellville 17, Rice 13

chugbug
10-31-2005, 11:16 AM
leftside I understand where you are coming from. Good Luck:eek: :eek: :tongue: :wave: :wave: :wave:

fisher67
10-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey Cheermom, Raidere Nurse and all you Rice Raider fans! I just got one thing to say--- GO BIG RED!!!!;) :cheerl: :tongue: :wave: :devil: :inlove: :foul: :evil: :thumbsup:

rhs78
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Jerry,s site has the Bulls a 13 point favorite as i thaugh. I think it will be closer than that. Even so both teams have had a great year and are not thru yet!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Reading some of the posts about coaches teaching their players to talk trash and play dirty, made me wonder if this is really true? I think each player has a responsibility for his own actions. Quit blaming the coaches for some of the things these players are doing. Even if a coach would stoop that low, the player has to decide right from wrong. I have never had a coach tell me to intentionally play dirty, in fact all my coaches taught good sportsmanship. I have seen numerous times where a player called for a personal foul, was pulled and reprimanded by their coach.:clap:

Raider Nurse
10-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey,Fischer! There's something "Fishy" about you!!!! You can say "GO BIG RED" all you want to, but something about you reminds me of the Rice Raiders. What could it be????????????:confused:

Raider Nurse
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Powerranger, I don't know what "nurse" you are referring to, but I have not been on this site for several days to be arguing with anyone. My last post 2 days ago stated what a good game I had seen 2 years ago between Bellville and Rice. If this is arguing, then so be it.:confused:

powerranger
10-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok well i apologize Raider Nurse!!

And to address the coaching subject, Coach Faldyn(Sealy's AD) is an amazing man, he has always taught good sportsmanship.

Good luck to the Brahamas!!

left side
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
leftside I understand where you are coming from. Good Luck:eek: :eek: :tongue: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks chugbug but I'm done after friday night. I wish my best to all the kids that still get to play the wonderful game we call football.

RiceRaiderFan
10-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Left side, i dont know if we the Raiders talked mess on the field. But us fans show everybody resepect. And when is football ever a Silent Sport..

Good Luck 2morrow Lady Raiders

left side
10-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by RiceRaiderFan
Left side, i dont know if we the Raiders talked mess on the field. But us fans show everybody resepect. And when is football ever a Silent Sport..

You are right football is never a silent sport. Thats what I'm trying to say. But some people around here think it is.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
If Bellville can play with the intensity they had in the 1st 3 games vs Caldwell, Cameron and Marlin, the Brahmas sould win this one.
You also have to remember Bellville is a very young team, not many Srs. start for Bellville. Not sure how many Srs start for Rice.

powerranger
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM
So chugbug im curious, how are you "close" to coach faldyn??

left side
11-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
That is a real mature comment that deserves some respect.

I don't think he was trying to be mean it was just funny.

kevo081
11-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Talking mess is part of the game, it always has been and always will be.

You have no idea what would happen to you if you talked trash on bellvilles sidelines. We are one of the most, if not the best, disciplined football team we have played. Trash talking is something that is not tolerated on this team.

left side
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by kevo081
You have no idea what would happen to you if you talked trash on bellvilles sidelines. We are one of the most, if not the best, disciplined football team we have played. Trash talking is something that is not tolerated on this team.

Please, your telling me nobody on your team has never said anything to the other team. I know thats a lie for a fact. Yall trash talked to us , on more than one occassion. If trash talking is not tolerated I guess I need to give you the names of the players so they can be kicked off the team.

chugbug
11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I have known Coach Faldyn all of his life.:eek: :eek: :hairpunk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brahmasportsfan
11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Left side, I think Kev means that if the coaches hear it you are shut down quickly. Last year two Bellville players got late hit personal fouls and didn't get to play the second half. I'm sure Faldyn doesn't allow it either, if he hears it.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Bellville just because of the simple fact that they played a great game with Yoe.

powerranger
11-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Well the poll is turning out pretty even!! Should be a great finish for district champs, i think that rice will face their first loss this week.

P.S. chugbug, still doesn't explain how you know him

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Gotta go with Bellville by a TD.

chugbug
11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
This cool weather has those crawfish deep in their holes. I have alot of orders for them, but I can't catch them . OL Delmer says that I should pour boiling water down their holes. That way I could cook them before I sell them. What I am trying to say is that because I have no business, I am going to the game. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Ol Delmer says that it would be easier for Bellville to pour hot butter up a bobcats a$$ than beat the Raiders. Go Raiders:eek: :eek: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

elhs
11-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey Cheermom thanks for all the support for the Mighty Raiders.

We are behind THE RAIDERS All the way.
May players, fans and everyone have a safe trip Friday.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!![

fisher67
11-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey Raider Nurse, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. It might be the grey making your mind play tricks on you. I heard thru the grapevine that your "reservation" might get misplaced if you cheer for the "wrong " team!!!!

RiceRaiderFan
11-02-2005, 08:29 PM
If the Raiders play hard and mistake free i gotta go with the mighty raiders by 6

rice 21
bellville 15

scotty
11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
It should be a fine game as both teams are about as well matched as they were two years ago. I, however, don’t see either team having near the talent that the teams did back then.
Both teams are better than expected and play much the same type of football they did two years ago. The Rice passing attack is much better than it ever was because of the fine sophomore quarterback Taylor Cook. He is mighty good already and there is not telling how good he will be before he is finished. In spite of their passing skills, Rice is still a team that will try to beat you by running basic stuff between the tackles. And they do it well. Their offensive line is better than most want to give them credit for. They block well and very seldom does anyone get to their quarterback. The Rice defense is sound and reminds you of the Buddy Ryan defenses where they bring a lot of people but that can make them vulnerable in the secondary.
So I look for Bellville’s passing game to pick up and Brandon Harris to have a big night.
The Bellville defense has had some trouble stopping the wide-open offenses with the shotgun attacks. Sealy and Navasota are examples. Bellville does better against a team where they don’t have to defend the whole field…like options, scrambling quarterbacks, passing game and quick pitches.
The Bellville offensive is solid and the line is the key. The Brahmas have fine running backs and you just can’t depend on stopping one as they all three can go the distance at any time. They also catch the ball well out of the backfield, especially Chaney. Bellville has played the better teams in pre-district play.
That’s one man’s opinion and what is it worth? Exactly what it’s costing you…nothing.
The game will still be decided on the field and not on this board.

Raider Nurse
11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Well said,Scotty! Great post! Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Raider Nurse
11-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Fisher, You know I would NEVER be caught going for the wrong team!! I'm not too worried about my "reservation" being misplaced! I think it's a long standing one!!!!!!!!!! Go Mighty Raiders!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :)

fury900
11-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Bellville

raidersistah
11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
I believe that the mighty Rice Raiders will come through and finish thier perfect season the way they started UNDEFEATED. between the two teams we are the only UNDEFEATED team overall. I do think Bellville, however will put up a good fight.

tortilla_man
11-03-2005, 08:49 PM
i was watching the 7th grade A team game... # 16 is pretty darn good player for rice, bellville had some stuff good looking players, 23,32,35..

raidersistah
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
by the way....there was a comment made that our offensive line wasnt about anything..

We have a senior lineman who made 1st team all district as well as the All state team last year, our line has excellent senior leadership, and have been doing well this whole season.
so the comment about our line being big..YES they are BIG on TALENT

KL3
11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
tortilla, how did those jr. high games turnout?

BrahmaDAD70
11-03-2005, 10:25 PM
I caught the last 2 mins of the 8th grade a team and I think
they won I just dont know the score. That would make them 8-0
District Champs.

CheerMom
11-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
I caught the last 2 mins of the 8th grade a team and I think
they won I just dont know the score. That would make them 8-0
District Champs.

Hey, it was nice meeting you tonight. See ya tomorrow and we will see who has the long ride home!!:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Last I heard Bellville 8th grade A team was up 41-0.

tortilla_man
11-03-2005, 11:05 PM
7th grade A team won but dont know exact score since the scoreboard was not working, but the 7th grade A team game was quite exciting. and whoever played before them also won they played columbus.

Raider Nurse
11-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Go Rice Raiders!!!!!!! Just play your game and you'll come out on top! We believe in you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go,Go,Go, Go Rice!!!!!!:clap:

BrahmaDAD70
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Only way both teams go home happy is if all the players stay safe.
Good luck boys.

scheduler57
11-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Bellville is the team to beat. I was at the Cameron game. We were losing until the last twenty seconds. Bellville by 14. Yoe fan.

rodeo6
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
what radio station is this game on

CheerMom
11-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas on the win tonight. It wasn't what we hoped for, but we are very proud of our team and the way they played until the end.
Once again it was a game of good sportsmanship and mutual respect. You couldn't ask for more!!
Good Luck to all of D20 in the playoffs. Let go make some noise!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Way to go Bellville District Champs Again, lets keep it going in years to come, Bellville 7th, 8th and Freshmen teams all undefeated this year!!!

KL3
11-05-2005, 10:46 AM
From the Houston Chronicle......

Rice Consolidated Bellville
First Downs 16 15
Rushes - Yards 33 - 98 37 - 361
Comp-Att-Int 18 - 32 - 1 2 - 6 - 1
Passing yards 199 39
Punts-avg. 5 - 37.4 3 - 38.0
Fumbles-lost 0 - 0 0 - 0
Penalties-yards 4 - 22 1 - 7

Highlights
Bellville's Brian Gobert rambled for a 96-yard score, his first of two touchdowns.

Notables
Rice Consolidated is in Division II -3A second place playoff. Bellville is in first place in Division I-3A going into the playoffs. Bellville will play Giddings on Friday, Nov. 11 at Bryan's Viking Stadium at 7:30 p.m. This is Bellville's fifth straight district championship

Scoring Summary

BVL-Brian Gobert 96 run (Mauricio Bonilla kick) 7:09, 1st
BVL-Brian Gobert 1 run (Mauricio Bonilla kick) 10:10, 2nd
BVL-Brandon Harris 59 run (Mauricio Bonilla kick) 3:09, 2nd
RIC-Quentin Thomas 10 pass from Taylor Cook (kick failed) 1:13, 2nd
BVL-Shea Emshoff 9 pass from Lane O Connor (Mauricio Bonilla kick) 7:49, 3rd
RIC-Robert Johnson 3 pass from Taylor Cook (Taylor Cook run) 1:13, 3rd
RIC-Taylor Cook 7 run (Jeremy Hill kick) 5:00, 4th
BVL-Brandon Harris 28 run (kick failed) 1:03, 4th

Leading Rushers
BVL Brian Gobert 14-188 , 2 TD
BVL Brandon Harris 3-82 , 2 TD
BVL Allan Cooper 11-72
RIC Taylor Cook 16-64 , 1 TD

Leading Passers
BVL Lane O Connor 2-6-1, 39 Yards , 1 TD
RIC Taylor Cook 18-32-1, 199 Yards , 2 TD

Leading Receivers
BVL Brandon Harris 1-30
BVL Shea Emshoff 1-9 , 1 TD
RIC Marques Toliver 4-66
RIC Quentin Thomas 7-47 , 1 TD

Interceptions
BVL Jacoby Lischka 1
RIC Brian Williams 1

Raider Nurse
11-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Congrats to Bellville and I enjoyed meeting you guys at the flag signing! Good luck in the playoffs!:clap: