PDA

View Full Version : Madison 28-Ferris 0

JR2004
10-30-2005, 02:47 AM
I believe the score was already posted on the main thread for the scores for the week so I thought I'd just give an update on how the game went. This was pretty much just a final tune-up for the Kennedale game next week that decides the district championship. The defense led the way again giving up just 128 yards for the game. This is the first time since the loss to Lincoln that they gave up more than 100 yards of offense. The offense only put 28 on the board, but somehow had over 450 yards of offense.

Shawnbrey is starting to become the workhorse that he's supposed to be as he had 14 for 250 and 2 TD's against Ferris. He had a real nice 71 yard TD on a 4th and 2 play in the 3rd quarter. All I can say is that kid is a lot of fun to watch. I wish the Good Lord had given me some of that world class speed that he has. If he ever gives up football and pursues track full-time sometime down the road, look out! It's nice to see him progress and see his line starting to play together. I don't know where that O-line would be though without the kid from New Orleans. Lately he's just been absolutely dominating the guy he lines up against. He has a real mean streak and I sure am glad to see him playing for the Trojans. The WR from New Orleans had another nice catch in traffic and he continues to be a good (and fast) addition to the team. JL had a good game at QB, well probably his best game to date since he filled in for the starter a few weeks back who is out for the season after an ACL injury. He had a 90 yard TD pass to Hutchins and another TD pass to Sterling.

Probably the best thing about the game was the people in the stands. If the team you support doesn't make the playoffs, come to one of Madison's playoff games. I've never laughed so hard at a football game as I do at a Madison game. It's well worth the price of admission just to listen to the people in the stands.

On to the final week now and the district title is on the line against Kennedale. Kennedale obviously has the experience advantage against Madison as far as big games go and that could ultimately be the deciding factor in this game even though Madison is playing them at home. Hope to see plenty of y'all folks from Kennedale over at Forester this week. Too bad the game isn't at Kincaide, but that's alright. It'll be a great game no matter where it's played at!