PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game 2 of the Week (10): Perryton @ Canyon

football4life
10-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Well if anyone really cares, we have a pretty big game way up here in the panhandle this week, with the district 1-3A title on the line. Ever since we moved down to 3A, this rivalry has become extremely heated, and this year won't be an exception. We have one of the top O's in the state, so P-town will have to bring their A game to slow it down.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 10:42 AM
District 1 - the Rangers will be in Canyon playing the Eagles for the district championship.

Perryton, 6-3 (3-0 district), has been scoring an average of 44.67 pts/game in district, while the defense has only allowed 11.33 pts/game. They've had a week off to prepare for the game.

Canyon, 8-1 (3-0 district), has been having an average score in district of 54 pts/game, but only allowing their district opponents 6.67 pts/game and recorded one shut-out in district.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Ranger05
10-30-2005, 12:23 PM
im going with canyon in this one by 10 points

Da Mules
10-30-2005, 08:49 PM
should be a very good game, but I'm going with the home team on this one. Canyon 21, Perryton 14.

football4life
10-31-2005, 12:44 PM
C'mon you guys, we can put up a few more points than that! We scored 3 TDs in a span of 3 1/2 minutes! P-town can bring whatever, but it won't be anything new. I can talk a little trash, considering that there is no one else to argue with!

Da Mules
10-31-2005, 08:31 PM
well Canyon beat the pud out of Borger, and Perryton handled the Bulldogs, but not by as much... but you can't go by that. Perryton has a pretty good defense if they're all healthy.
I think this will be Canyon's lowest scoring district game, still the Iggles will win it by a couple of TD's

LH Panther Mom
10-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Any unexpected weather that might blow in and be a factor? I looked at the forecast and it looked pretty decent, but in the Panhandle this time of year, you just never know. :thinking:

football4life
10-31-2005, 10:50 PM
It was downright chilly up here today, but i saw that by the end of the week, the temp. is supposed to get up around the 80's by end of the week.

RangerRedFan
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I for one refuse to look through the "red glasses" on this one. I honestly can't see Perryton winning this game. I won't compare Borger scores either. While Perryton won by 9 points, the game wasn't that close. Perryton dominated that game. Borger scored a "trash time" TD in the last few seconds to make it look a little better.
The fact remains, that Perryton does not have the kind of players they have had in the past, although I think they are a better "team" than in the past. That being said, Canyon will most likely win by 3 touchdowns or better. I hope for a win, but in reality, it will probably be somewhere around 40-19, Canyon.

football4life
11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RangerRedFan
The fact remains, that Perryton does not have the kind of players they have had in the past, although I think they are a better "team" than in the past. That being said, Canyon will most likely win by 3 touchdowns or better. I hope for a win, but in reality, it will probably be somewhere around 40-19, Canyon.

Yes i agree that they do have a better "team" than in past years, since there is no bo merril or significant others to lean on. Perryton will definitely try to play ball control, keeping the ball away from our offense as long as possible. If our defense gets some 3-and-outs, then we should put up some major points again.

RedRanger
11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
You're probably right RangerRed, but let's go ahead and play the game anyway!!

Da Mules
11-01-2005, 07:52 PM
"red-tinted" glasses... I like that one, RangerRed. :D
One intangible with this game is Ptown's tradition and the fact that the 1-3a gold football is on the line. I think the Rangers will make a better showing than a 21 point loss. Get a bad Iggle bounce or two, and this one could turn out different than predicted.

Black & Gold
11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Are both teams definitely in the playoffs? Who will go big school in this district? Just an outsider looking in. I got to see this game last year and it wasn't as close as I thought it would be.

PlayaJBiehl20
11-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Canyon should get this one.

RedRanger
11-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Yes, both are in the playoffs.
Canyon - DI
Perryton - DII (1 seed) = which probably means Muleshoe again..........Oh Boy

football4life
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
Are both teams definitely in the playoffs? Who will go big school in this district? Just an outsider looking in. I got to see this game last year and it wasn't as close as I thought it would be.

Are you sure you're talking about the same game last year?? Because that game came down to the final minutes, us winning only 14-10, coming back from down 10-0. Now two years ago was a blow-out, P-town won somewhere around 50-0. Yea we are the D-1, and will play levelland at levelland first round.

pero chato
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Canyon 45, Perryton 14

Black & Gold
11-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by football4life
Are you sure you're talking about the same game last year?? Because that game came down to the final minutes, us winning only 14-10, coming back from down 10-0. Now two years ago was a blow-out, P-town won somewhere around 50-0. Yea we are the D-1, and will play levelland at levelland first round.

Sorry, I guess maybe that is the one I am thinking of. Thanks for the tip.

fury900
11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Canyon

football4life
11-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks LH mom for makin us one of the games of the week. And for getting the stats.

Here is the capsule from the amarillo globe news:

Perryton at Canyon

THE GAME: Perryton Rangers (6-3, 3-0) at Canyon Eagles (8-1, 3-0), 7:30 tonight at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium.

TICKETS:: $4 for adults, $2 for students.

RADIO: KZRK (1550-AM); KEYE (1400-AM).

LAST WEEK: Canyon beat Borger, 45-14. Perryton was off.

LAST MEETING: Canyon snapped Perryton's four-year run atop District 1-3A with a 14-10 win in Perryton.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Perryton will use a ground-based offense with as many as six ball carriers. Zach Mills leads the team with 696 yards and six touchdowns. Nolan Hale has 644 yards and five touchdowns. Weston Taylor, Charlie Mann and quarterbacks Jay Blasingame and Jeremy Campbell might also carry the ball. Blasingame starts at quarterback and has completed 40-of-82 passes for 670 yards, nine touchdowns and six interceptions. ... Canyon has the top Class 3A defense in the area, allowing 237 yards a game. Linebackers Kris Campos, Jake Romero and Chris Scott are among the Eagles' top tacklers. Canyon quarterback Anthony Ramos has completed 165-of-232 passes for 2,653 yards, 27 touchdowns and one interception. Romero has run for at least 100 yards in three of the last four games. He has 649 yards and nine touchdowns.

NOTEWORTHY: Canyon is the Division I representative and will play either Levelland (3-7) or Lubbock Cooper (6-3) next week. Perryton is the Division II No. 1 seed and will play either Muleshoe (8-1) or Littlefield (6-3) next week.

HARRIS LINE: Canyon by 14.

gigem55
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
good game