PDA

View Full Version : "The Game" WEST ORANGE STARK VS BRIDGE CITY

Pages : [1] 2

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Both teams are undefeated. My prediction is a defensive shootout with these two. I think that WOS should be about a 7 point favorite in this game. More than a 7 point spread in either direction and your thinking with your heart not your brain. I really feel the winner will be the team that doesn't make the lone dumb mistake to put it in the other guys favor. This should be a heck of a ballgame. Beasley will be hard to contain but WOS will be without their top back.

BRIDGE CITY 14 WEST ORANGE STARK 07

NateDawg39
10-29-2005, 05:48 PM
most of the time I would say one team will get blown out. But the way these two teams play, I say it will go down to the wire!! Bridge City-28 over West Orange Stark 21

Cat22
10-29-2005, 05:52 PM
After what I saw today, BC will be able to run on WOS. Should be a good close game. Whoever has the fewer turnovers probably wins this one.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
After what I saw today, BC will be able to run on WOS. Should be a good close game. Whoever has the fewer turnovers probably wins this one.

That is my logic as well Cat22. However, I think it is so close that it will be a single blunder that may throw the game for either team.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Does anyone have any stats on WOS.

Presently Bridge City is averaging beating their opponents 35-8. The defense is extremely strong over at Bridge City.

Hupernikomen
10-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Bridge City hasn't played anyone to really test them. WO-S doesn't know what it means to lose to BC..WO-S will win by 2 TD's

WO-S 35
BC 21

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Bridge City hasn't played anyone to really test them. WO-S doesn't know what it means to lose to BC..WO-S will win by 2 TD's

WO-S 35
BC 21

It's good to think with your heart, but not realistic. WOS has played only slighty a harder schedule than Bridge City and with not as good of results. We didn't get to see them play Newton. They have played Nederland who is no better really than LCM who Bridge City played. Central is a mediocre 4A as well. They barely got by Jasper early in the year and this year's Jasper team is not as strong as what they have been in the past. However, I do think they have played slightly a better schedule than Bridge City I will give you that but they certainly haven't taken teams apart like Bridge City week in and week out either. Some of those games they were very close to the big L

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 06:32 PM
It will be a good game. We have beaten teams like 4A Nederland and Bay City, 4A Central, 3A Jasper. But it will be a good game. We have the talent to win by 2 or 3 TD's but we have to play like we're capable of.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
It will be a good game. We have beaten teams like 4A Nederland and Bay City, 4A Central, 3A Jasper. But it will be a good game. We have the talent to win by 2 or 3 TD's but we have to play like we're capable of.

I agree with you that you do have the talent to win by that much. So does Bridge City. WOS comes out flat and they could be easily beat by that much as well. However, like I say, odds are they should be about a 7 point favorite.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Should be a good one.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Should be a good one.

Man I think so too.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Saturday 2 p.m. in Orange.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if Earl Thomas is going to play against Bridge City or are they going to hold him out for Barbers Hill. I know he will want to play against Bridge City, but I have a feeling that Dan Hooks will be wanting him to suit up against Barbers Hill as that is when the real season starts.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Maybe

Old Cardinal
10-29-2005, 08:49 PM
This is interesting, I looked at the Poll on here and folks are picking BC a little over WO-S...that makes little sense; the 'stangs are #1 or #2 in 3A depending on who you read for a reliable poll.
These teams are both stronger than last year. BC has their whole backfield back and WO-S has Earl Thomas and Beasley and I am not too sure about the other spots.
I remember saying I thought Dishon was one of the best QBs developing this year and was roundly criticized, on here. Well it will be a show seeing Dishon and Beasley in the same game; likewise, Armand and Thomas are both premium Tailbacks. Maybe BC has a better backup Tailback in Senior Cody Roberts.
I am still a little shocked how BC manhandled a very big H-F squad with 26 Seniors on the roster this evening.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Alot of people from other parts of the State haven't seen either team play. Kinda like us picking a game from another part of the State.

bccards
10-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Keep in mind BC fans, *WE* will be playing WO-S at their LAST game @ Home for 2005, seniors last district game, AND it is going to be the seniors last Homecoming. I agree with a 7 - 14 point spread, but if we are to go out and win, we are going to have to spoil WO-S's rescheduled homecoming, and that in itself, will be a tough task! Do I think BC can do it? Yes. Do I think they will do it? No Comment. :) Either way, it'll be one of the better games in our region next week, if not the state. Good luck to both teams!

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 09:49 PM

You know I went and checked out some of these teams ya'll played. I don't see where you guys have really played that much harder of a schedule. Check this out.

Nederland 4A................3-3
Jasper 3A......................4-3
Bay City 4A...................3-5
Beaumont Central 4A....3-2

Ummm....I just don't see the extremely stellar schedule they have played. Like I say I think their schedule is only slightly above Bridge City's but not by much. These teams that WOS did beat; some of them they barely got the W on. Most of these went down to the wire.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Well Central and Nederland will probably make the 4A playoffs. We're a 3A team.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Well Central and Nederland will probably make the 4A playoffs. We're a 3A team.
They may very well, but I just don't see the quality of schedule that was being touted that's all I was saying. I think WOS has a great football team. I think this will be an extremely competitive game. I just took a look at West Orange Schedule and how badly they beat these folks and Bridge City's slightly weaker schedule and how bad they beat their opponents. It would not surprise me at all to see both of these teams pretty deep in the playoffs in D1 and D2.

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Why is everyone down on WO-S because they only won by 29? BC only beat the same team by 28. Running up the score? I went and looked at stats and saw that BC has scored unnecessary TDs in the last 4 minutes against at least two opponents and put up more than 50 on at least one. As far as schedule strength, you also have to look at who some of those teams are who GAVE those teams a loss. For example, Bay City lost to LaMarque (#1 in 4A) and WO-S. Jasper lost to PN-G, WO-S and Newton. Central lost to WO-S and Beaumont West Brook. Nederland beat Friendswood and Texas City before losing to WO-S, West Brook and Beaumont Ozen.

I think it's probably hard to judge the strength of these opponents from North Carolina.

As far as BC having the better backup RB, WO-S's is pretty good. He's only been on varsity since returning from the storm (and yes, he's been at WO-S since well before HS) and is averaging 8.5 yards per carry with 7 TDs. He's within 100 yards of Thomas's stats with half the carries. He might be the best RB on the team.

GS#17
10-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Just a quick correction to your post... Jasper beat PNG, but lost to Central.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick

I think it's probably hard to judge the strength of these opponents from North Carolina.

No not really. It's called using a computer and believe it or not you can actually type in and find schedule strengths, scores, and statistics for every single team. Course, I am sure you have seen all of these teams play every game so far. Did you go to all these games that you are talking about?

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:09 PM
I thought WO-S was being criticised for running up the score, and now we're assessing the teams by how badly they beat other teams? How stupid.

Let's look at common opponents:
Orangefield:
BC by 28
WO-S by 29

Hardin Jefferson:
BC by 30
WO-S by 55

Ham-Fan:
BC by 38
WO-S by 30

Anahuac:
BC by 18
WO-S by 37

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Have you seen ANY of them?

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:14 PM
You're right! Lookie lookie!

Following is Matt's Top 25, resorted based on each team's strength of schedule (to date) ::

ORIGINAL_RANK TEAM (RECORD) OPPONENTS_RECORD .PCT
9. West Columbia (6-1) 43-29 .597
23. Decatur (6-2) 43-35 .551
13. Dallas Madison (6-1) 39-32 .549
5. Sinton (8-0) 41-34 .547
16. Marlin (7-1) 40-34 .541
2. West Orange-Stark (7-0) 32-28 .533
14. Bellville (7-1) 40-35 .533
3. Abilene Wylie (7-1) 43-38 .531
6. Wimberley (8-0) 41-38 .519
11. Liberty Hill (7-1) 40-39 .506
7. Barbers Hill (7-0) 35-35 .500
19. Kaufman (6-1) 39-41 .488
21. Kennedale (7-1) 33-35 .485
1. Cuero (7-0) 35-39 .473
12. Tatum (7-0) 36-42 .462
25. Bridge City (6-0) 17-20 .459

WO-S is the sixth toughest. BC is fifteenth. It's closer than it was at the start of the year, but still significantly different.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I thought WO-S was being criticised for running up the score, and now we're assessing the teams by how badly they beat other teams? How stupid.

Let's look at common opponents:
Orangefield:
BC by 28
WO-S by 29

Hardin Jefferson:
BC by 30
WO-S by 55

Ham-Fan:
BC by 38
WO-S by 30

Anahuac:
BC by 18
WO-S by 37

WOS does run up scores on weaker teams. Dan Hooks has been around much longer than just this year. Maybe your just not old enough to have seen it.

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Ummm... You pointed out the score disparity between BC and their opponents. Then you whine about us running up the score. So, what? It's ok to run up the score, but not TOO much? If you score an unnecessary TD with 13 seconds left in the game (like BC did), YOU ARE RUNNING UP THE SCORE! Here is my thought: If you don't want a team to run up the score, then stop them from scoring.

WO-S kneeled the ball out with well over a minute left inside the 20 today. They did the same against H-J. They did the same against Anahuac (The team that BC scored with 13 seconds left despite being up 11).

Maybe YOU'RE (not your) younger than me. Don't assume.

How many games have you been to for either team?

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 10:24 PM
We've had the toughest schedule. Matt even said so himself. We played and beat teams that had so many more numbers (depth) than us it's unreal. About 99% of our players play both ways the whole game. We lose a player due to injury it's hurts us bad due to the lack of depth.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:28 PM
You're right! Lookie lookie!

2. West Orange-Stark (7-0) 32-28 .533
25. Bridge City (6-0) 17-20 .459

WO-S is the sixth toughest. BC is fifteenth. It's closer than it was at the start of the year, but still significantly different.

I know I was right....here is another for you since you inquire about it.

W Orange Stark............20.75 ( 16) 3A III-24
Bridge City....................12.25 ( 90) 3A III

Here is another in strength schedule by opponents
1 3A-24 West Orange-Stark (7-0) 153.51
21 3A-24 Bridge City (6-0) 144.52

There are plenty more out there. Just like I said. They do have a slightly tougher schedule but it is not a huge advantage. Second they have not beat these opponents and have barely gotten by on some of them.

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Have you seen either team play?

setex
10-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Should be a great game. Little early to make a prediction, but it will probably come down UT signee Kenneth Beasley of WOS and Bridge City's kicker AJ Hecker.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Ummm... You pointed out the score disparity between BC and their opponents. Then you whine about us running up the score. So, what? It's ok to run up the score, but not TOO much? If you score an unnecessary TD with 13 seconds left in the game (like BC did), YOU ARE RUNNING UP THE SCORE! Here is my thought: If you don't want a team to run up the score, then stop them from scoring.

WO-S kneeled the ball out with well over a minute left inside the 20 today. They did the same against H-J. They did the same against Anahuac (The team that BC scored with 13 seconds left despite being up 11).

Maybe YOU'RE (not your) younger than me. Don't assume.

How many games have you been to for either team?

Of course, being out here serving I can't be at any of them. However, I am considering flying back in just to see this game, because I think it's going to be that good. I do have the right to root for my team the same as you do. Just because I live out here and cannot attend the games week in and week out doesn't make me any less of a fan since you can sit in the stands. I can read the stats and I also still have family that live back down there who do get a chance to go to the games. They call me actually during the game so I get updated on what is going on. The reason I think you are younger is because you ask me questions personally of which you know I cannot be there. Yes, I am guilty of living out here and reading stats all the while calling home and getting the updates as the games are taking place. I have seen many Dan Hooks teams whenever I go on leave back home. This is the first year I have been able to get back on these boards because of where I have been. So if I put out a statisitc. Rebutt it if you would like, but when you attack me personally that is the reason I think you are younger, because that is something a child does.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Have you seen either team play?

Since you still want to pursue this. You ever been to Iraq? I am sure you have an opinion of the war. I am sure you have never been but you do have an opinion. It's kinda the same thing. You don't necessarily have to have been there to form an opinion. :thinking:

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:46 PM
How am I attacking you by pointing out that you haven't seen either team play???? I didn't say it made you less of a fan, but you can't judge how good a team is by STATS. WO-S had a TON of close games in 2000, and they went to state. The stats don't matter.
By seeing neither team play, you are at a disadvantage - reasons notwithstanding - in judging how much potential they have against one another. I see the same stats that you do, but I have the advantage of having seen at least one of the teams play every game. I'm sorry you haven't been able to see your team, but in no way did I attack you. Get the chip off of your shoulder.

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I have not been to Iraq and I do have an opinion of the war, but I'm sure it's not NEARLY as informed as the opinion of someone who has. Good point.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:52 PM
I have not been to Iraq and I do have an opinion of the war, but I'm sure it's not NEARLY as informed as the opinion of someone who has. Good point.

Well, I guess since you have seen every single Bridge City game while similatously going to every single West Orange game, and attending all Bay City games, Central games.....and driving like a mad man to get to all the Jasper games your opinion means much more than mine. My fault.

GS#17
10-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Paratrooper, give it up... When you lose all credibility (as you have in this thread), you can't win an argument. Now you're just grasping for anything to write, and it's starting to get ugly.

Hupernikomen
10-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
It's good to think with your heart, but not realistic. WOS has played only slighty a harder schedule than Bridge City and with not as good of results.

You honestly think that Jasper, Central, Nederland and Bay City is only a slightly harder schedule than Liberty, Kirbyville and LCM?

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Now you're reaching. I haven't been to BC's games, but I have been to all of WO-S's. I've seen half of the players in this upcoming game in action. Plus I've seen all of BC's highlights, added to the stats that you also have seen.

You made the analogy involving the war, and I think it was a perfect one. BC may very well win the game, but if we're going to talk about the two teams and you haven't seen either, you are at a disadvantage.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:04 PM
I didn't say it made you less of a fan, but you can't judge how good a team is by STATS. WO-S had a TON of close games in 2000, and they went to state. The stats don't matter.

Stats are merely an indication of whether someone would have the likely hood of winning. I can tell you by the stats that WOS just could clearly beat a team of the calibur of Progresso. Are they the end all be all of analysis, of course their not. WOS may very well go to state. Maybe Liberty will catch fire in the playoffs and win....who knows. Someone brought up how strong a schedule WOS had played, and I did agree with them that they have played a somewhat stronger schedule. However, they have been just getting by on beating them. I listen to them on the radio via KOGT, so I get a good feel of what that particular team is about. I don't have to buy the popcorn in the stands to get the visual when the audio is working just fine. Believe me I have no chip on my shoulder, but I don't tolerate some idiot asking me whether I have been to the game when I tell you I haven't and it is clear by where I place my location that I am unable to attend.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:06 PM
BC may very well win the game, but if we're going to talk about the two teams and you haven't seen either, you are at a disadvantage.

I do agree with you I am at a disadvantage but like I say I can listen to their games and I can read a statistical sheet to form my own opinions.

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Rebutt it if you would like, but when you attack me personally that is the reason I think you are younger, because that is something a child does.

then

I don't tolerate some idiot asking me whether I have been to the game when I tell you I haven't and it is clear by where I place my location that I am unable to attend.

So now you're stooping to calling names and attacking me? How old are YOU? I won't stoop to returning your little jab. Typical.
I realized that you had not been to a game because of your location. That's why I kept asking you the question. It's called "making a point." Try it.

Usually, when you resort to namecalling, you're out of worthwhile ideas and are pretty much giving up. If that's the case, then let me know and I'll move on. Have a great flight and it should be a great, close game.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Paratrooper, give it up... When you lose all credibility (as you have in this thread), you can't win an argument. Now you're just grasping for anything to write, and it's starting to get ugly.

I am not trying to win an argument. I brought out a statistic and this guy Crimson starts in on me for not being able to go to the game of which he knows I cannot be there. I dont try to hide the fact of where I live. I could easily get on here and do that, but I don't....and you would never know the difference. It's about as simple as that. I showed you a statistic and you ugly about it. I have lost nothing, because in one respect you are right. I am not there, but with that. I will keep listening to the games, watching my statisitics and looking forward to Bridge City's run in the playoffs.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:21 PM
it should be a great, close game.

That we do agree on

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 11:23 PM
How is having a different opinion "getting ugly?" Dude, you called me an idiot. Who is getting ugly?

I didn't "get on you" for not being able to be at the game. I just pointed out that you haven't seen the teams play - and that does have an effect on the credibility of your predictions.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM
How is having a different opinion "getting ugly?" Dude, you called me an idiot. Who is getting ugly?

I didn't "get on you" for not being able to be at the game. I just pointed out that you haven't seen the teams play - and that does have an effect on the credibility of your predictions.

I said that because I had already answered your question and you kept hammering it at me. I don't mind answering your question and will give you an honest answer but I don't like once I give you the obvious answer you keep at it asking me the same thing.
My predictions in this game are about as good as yours. You really can't say with certainity who will win this game as I cannot either. All anyone knows is this will be a good one. You haven't seen BC play and neither have I. You have watched WOS, and I got to listen to them. I think this is going to be a good game and I certainly don't mind debating with you. I enjoy a good debate especially on football and I make no excuses of where I am located or where I form my opinion from.

Crimestick
10-29-2005, 11:46 PM
So that is a reason to call me an idiot? Once you answered the question, I stopped asking. Of course I kept pointing out that you had not seen either team, because it affects the credibility of your points. If you want to "debate" and I keep bringing up a strong point, you can't get all huffy and start calling names. That's childish.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:55 PM
So that is a reason to call me an idiot? Once you answered the question, I stopped asking. Of course I kept pointing out that you had not seen either team, because it affects the credibility of your points. If you want to "debate" and I keep bringing up a strong point, you can't get all huffy and start calling names. That's childish.

Your right in one aspect I shouldn't have called you a name, but I was giving you an honest answer and I kept giving you the same answer. I don't see where you watching WOS gives you the absolute advantage in your own prediction of which you haven't said. I offered mine and my methodolgy behind my prediction.....so what is yours?

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 12:04 AM
I think WO-S has the advantage in having a much more balanced offense. Beasley is more of a double threat than Dishon has been with more than 1200 yards passing and 12 TDs vs. Dishon's 388 yards and 3 scores. He is about 80 yards and 4 TDs ahead on the ground as well. The RBs, Armand vs. WO-S's two-headed attack, match up pretty evenly with WO-S barely ahead. I think being in close games - and having won close games - also gives WO-S an edge if the game is a squeaker. They have had to come from behind and have done so. WO-S's main problem right now is depth on the OL. We lost two O linemen to the storm and another to an MCL/ACL injury last week.

WO-S 35
BC 24

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 12:18 AM
So you don't think that this game will be a strong defensive showing by both teams? I know the stats that you are referring to as far as Beasely goes, but don't you also think that having Earl Thomas out will effect the game as well. From the post I read today and the folks that I talked to back in SE Texas, this had a major impact on WOS and their offense. However, I would like to know what you think about what I wrote.

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 12:24 AM
WO-S by two TD over Bridge City:)

j_dog
10-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Have to go with WOS for one reason, intangibles. They have a better history of performing to whatever level that it takes to win the game.

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 12:29 AM
No, I don't think it will be a defensive battle. I think there will be quite a few offensive fireworks from both teams. Earl being out will certainly hurt, but Depauldrick Garrett is just about 100 yards behind him on half as many carries. I think he's the better back, but having both in the game as a one-two punch is certainly a better situation. I'm hopeful that will happen. With Earl out today, WO-S still put up 400 yards on offense. Sloppy play - especially penalties - hampered us as much as anything today.

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks. If we play like i know we can and have we could win by 2 or 3 TD's.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 12:41 AM
No, I don't think it will be a defensive battle. I think there will be quite a few offensive fireworks from both teams. Earl being out will certainly hurt, but Depauldrick Garrett is just about 100 yards behind him on half as many carries. I think he's the better back, but having both in the game as a one-two punch is certainly a better situation. I'm hopeful that will happen. With Earl out today, WO-S still put up 400 yards on offense. Sloppy play - especially penalties - hampered us as much as anything today.

I'll just use my stats, but I think with all the games that Bridge City has played it has been their defense that has carried them. I think if the Bridge City defense shuts down Beasely......game over. I am sure he will get his no matter what, but if they contain him without the big one two punch of Thomas that is why I think Bridge City takes them down. I do have to agree with jdog though. The biggest thing WOS has going for them is they have tradition on their side and Hooks knows how to win when the chips are down.

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 12:45 AM
I don't think BC's secondary has been challenged by a QB as strong as Beasley, but I guess we'll see.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't think BC's secondary has been challenged by a QB as strong as Beasley, but I guess we'll see.

No I don't think they have either. Beasley is a wrecking crew that is for sure. He will definently play some college ball at a big name school. Anahuac's quarterback is the strongest one they have faced. Like I say if they shut down this kid, I think the nod goes to BC, but that will not be an easy task.

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 02:55 AM
This year BC has been training and using a lot of players from the second quarter on, if at all possible.
To compare "scores" is like comparing apples and oranges because of the Coaching strategy methodology employed.
WO-S is rated top billing everywhere you look and should be the clear favorite in this one: but in defense of BC--they have won by two TDs or more and played a host of people in all the ballgames, from fairly early on..
It is not as important to either team to win this District Championship as it is to ready themselves for Bi-distirct play.

3afan
10-30-2005, 05:16 AM
these online polls usually reflect the number of poster homers ... there are probably more BC posters than WOS, so there ya have it. of course i have no statistical proof, just a hunch ;)

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Beasley will play at UT - committed verbally last year - but as a WR or DB.

WOS1
10-30-2005, 11:06 AM
You know I went and checked out some of these teams ya'll played. I don't see where you guys have really played that much harder of a schedule. Check this out.

Nederland 4A................3-3
Jasper 3A......................4-3
Bay City 4A...................3-5
Beaumont Central 4A....3-2

Ummm....I just don't see the extremely stellar schedule they have played. Like I say I think their schedule is only slightly above Bridge City's but not by much. These teams that WOS did beat; some of them they barely got the W on. Most of these went down to the wire.

Dude... I don't know what exactly your trying to do, or where your getting your info, but the records of our opponents are:

Nederland.... 4-3
Jasper.......... 5-3
Bay City....... 4-4
Central......... 3-2

If you even think the BC schedule is remotely close to ours you are, as you so eloquently put it, "judging with your heart".

Oh yeah, NONE of our predistrict opponents have more than 1 loss in their districts, ALL have either locked or are in contention for the playoffs. Saying LCM is even in the same league with Nederland is absolutely hilarious.

Now... all that has nothing to do with WO-S vs BC this week. I think it will be a tough game and I also think it will be very close. But don't try to discount what we've done so far because you know in your heart that BC hasn't played the same competition.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I think it will be a tough game and I also think it will be very close. But don't try to discount what we've done so far because you know in your heart that BC hasn't played the same competition.

Yes, to repeat the thread, Yes yes yes.....I know WOS has played a harder schedule.....and yes, Bridge City has had a larger margin of victory in their preseason games. I think this will be a VERY tight ballgame as well.

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Against common opponents, WO-S has a larger margin of victory.

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Our schedule has been probably the toughest of any 3A school. Shoot i wish we played LCM and folks like that in non district.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Against common opponents, WO-S has a larger margin of victory.

yes that is true. To be honest with you I think this game is so statistically tight and so many little variables that is really just falls on who makes the dumb mistake who sends it in the other guys favor.

GS#17
10-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Now... all that has nothing to do with WO-S vs BC this week. I think it will be a tough game and I also think it will be very close.

Exactly! The game is about on-the-field matchups, not about who did what to whom about two months ago in predistrict play or in recent games against common district opponents. If BC can match up with the strengths of WOS, they stand a good chance of winning; if not, the game could get out of hand, and vice versa.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Exactly! The game is about on-the-field matchups, not about who did what to whom about two months ago in predistrict play or in recent games against common district opponents. If BC can match up with the strengths of WOS, they stand a good chance of winning; if not, the game could get out of hand, and vice versa.

As in my orginal post when this thread started. I think WOS is a 7 point favorite by the odds. Games past played and past opponents don't really matter as a fumble an interception....something happens in the game itself to throw it in the other guys favor. To me with the calibur of both teams. I don't think anything will get out of hand from either side. This will be a tight ballgame. I think Bridge City will win by 7 but my prediction in this one is about as good as anyone else's....Who knows. They are both very loaded and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see both of them VERY deep in the playoffs.

chaingang
10-30-2005, 12:05 PM
OK guys,

here is the final truth.

WOS 42
BC 14

I was thinking by 7 but I changed my mind.

NO WAY BC stays with us!!!!!!

Thats for you WOS1;)

Once the fear factor sets in at Mustang Stadium, it will be all over for BC:eek:

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
OK guys,

here is the final truth.

WOS 42
BC 14

I was thinking by 7 but I changed my mind.

NO WAY BC stays with us!!!!!!

Thats for you WOS1;)

Once the fear factor sets in at Mustang Stadium, it will be all over for BC:eek:

LOL......I guess kinda like last year. I am more partial to your WOS prediction of 7, but hey if you really think that WOS will take them by 28 more power to you.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Well, I got a call today, and am going to have to miss the game. I wish I could have been there. Hopefully I will see if I can catch the game on KOGT. I have to go up to Washington DC for a week. I won't be able to fly back as we are leaving out on Sunday. It's just too much of a time crunch for me to get back.:mad: :(

SuusJudex
10-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Reality Check: there are a lot of WO-S fans biting their collective tongue here. We don't enjoy the most sterling reputation as posters on this board, but if we truly deserved the label we have been given, bombs would have been dropping in this thread long ago.

Paratrooper - I think it is fantastic that BC is having such a good year. I thought it was great when you guys finally dropped to 3A and started having success. We all knew that you guys would be less than thrilled about us joining the district. It happened. Party over. Last year you guys got a shot - it didn't pan out. The door on that one has closed.

There is a reason that WO-S is a favorite in this game and after this next weekend, the reason will be clear.

pantherpop
10-30-2005, 02:35 PM
West Orange Stark will win this game. They are simply the better team with alot more athletes than Bridge City has. It's great for BC that they are undefeated so far but they are very fortunate that games with Jasper and Silsbee were cancelled due to the Hurricane or they could very well have 2 losses. My prediction is WOS 34 Bridge City 10

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by SuusJudex
Reality Check: there are a lot of WO-S fans biting their collective tongue here. We don't enjoy the most sterling reputation as posters on this board, but if we truly deserved the label we have been given, bombs would have been dropping in this thread long ago.

I have to say, I like the WO-S folks. :)

3afan
10-30-2005, 02:47 PM
its gonna be a looooong week ....

;)

WOS1
10-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Awe... we like you too, mom.:inlove:

WOS1
10-30-2005, 02:52 PM
You ain't kidding, OC hasn't even got cranked up yet about his "amazingly" strong Cards.:D

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 02:54 PM
You ain't kidding, OC hasn't even got cranked up yet about his "amazingly" strong Cards.:D
:doh: :doh:

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 03:18 PM
To WOS1, I have cranked up a long time ago(preseason) that it would come down to this situation-a very touted ballgame!.....AND YES YES YES-- WO-S-- is and should be considered the favorite.
You folks blabbered and blabbered last year how you would stomp BC in the ground in the last District game. Well you convinced us adults but you ended up in overtime: cause you could not convince the BC youth playing football.
It is kind of interesting your decent from 5A into a large 4A and controlling via enrollment has sort of played out. Yes, you are our 24-3A Division I representative but now you have to play teams like BC that are a little closer in enrollment. Goodluck in BiDistrict..
Is there anyone else in Orange that wants to add a predicition that WO-S will stomp BC this year? We would love to hear it just like we did last year.

GS#17
10-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Newsflash: WOS goes 3-0 against 4A schools this year and they went 2-1 against 4A schools last year. So, the declining enrollment concept hasn't quite "played out" like you had hoped. Regardless, when the chips were down last year and WOS played about the worst game they played all year against your team's best effort, we saw which team had the mental toughness (or was it just pure natural athletic ability?) to win the game in overtime...

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
That's all baloney; beating Kirbyville was our best game last year. How is it you think we played our best game and you played your worst game. I think it was the other way around.

GS#17
10-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Okay, so you think that was the worst game BC played? You're probably on an island, but you are certainly entitled to have your dissenting opinion. Here are a few quotes you might be interested in:

http://www.panews.com/articles/2004/11/11/sports/03news.txt

While Price and Bridge City's Claude Tarver share an extremely high mutual respect, Price knows this is the wrong time to seek Tarver's sympathy... especially after the Cardinals extended West Orange-Stark into overtime before losing a 27-21 classic for the District 24-3A championship.

That performance in Cardinal Country had to rank among BC's more inspired outings ever...

http://www.panews.com/articles/2004/11/10/sports/04news.txt

"It makes you realize after a game like that just how bad you want it," Stevens said. "The only thing you can do is you can know you played your best and we did that."

I watched every WOS game last year, and I can tell you they started playing poorly againt HF and never bounced back from their slump to play as well as they could have. They had a bad game against BC in all phases of the game, and BC, if not their finest game of the year, put forth their most inspired game of the year. I don't think many people would dispute BC's effort. However, in the end, for whatever reason we choose to believe, BC lost, and there can only be a few reasons why they fell.

Why do you think BC lost last year?

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Why do you think BC lost last year?

Did WO-S score more points or something like that? ;)

GS#17
10-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Something like that... :)

GS#17
10-30-2005, 03:58 PM
OC, if you want to find some more of "BC played their hearts out," "BC played the best game of the year" posts, check out the BC website...

http://www.trianglefootball.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=1;hardset=365;start_poi nt=120

Once there, go to about page 4 for some good reading material... :)

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 04:04 PM
The lost was caused because someone had to win in the abrupt situation called overtime...A Sophomore QB pulled an instant too soon out from under the center and the fumble exchange gave WO-S the win.
It must being difficult, You 'Stangs fans have a good team but you no longer are the best program in the land--get over it and join the real world. All this bragging from the past is a sure sign your cockiness should start to slowly erode away. I would have thought Huffman would have helped; but you still envision yourselves as better then everyone else always.
OK, I was being sarcastic about the game, BC played a good game but I saw WO-S play several games and I thought they played about as good as they were capable of also. Quite making excuses you have a good team.

pantherpop
10-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I just love this stuff.

chaingang
10-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To WOS1, I have cranked up a long time ago(preseason) that it would come down to this situation-a very touted ballgame!.....AND YES YES YES-- WO-S-- is and should be considered the favorite.
You folks blabbered and blabbered last year how you would stomp BC in the ground in the last District game. Well you convinced us adults but you ended up in overtime: cause you could not convince the BC youth playing football.
It is kind of interesting your decent from 5A into a large 4A and controlling via enrollment has sort of played out. Yes, you are our 24-3A Division I representative but now you have to play teams like BC that are a little closer in enrollment. Goodluck in BiDistrict..
Is there anyone else in Orange that wants to add a predicition that WO-S will stomp BC this year? We would love to hear it just like we did last year.

I got one for you OLDCARD, BC will not hang with WOS!!!! :D

GS#17
10-30-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't know which team is the best in the land. That's still to be determined...

As for the game last year, you've got an interesting memory. Here's what happened according to Van Wade:

Bridge City junior tailback Dale Armand, who had 110 yards on 16 carries and two touchdowns, fumbled on Bridge City's first play in overtime and Mustang defensive back Andre Guillory fell on the loose ball.

So, it wasn't the excuse of inexperience that caused you all to lose the game... Rather, it was one of your best players who dropped the ball with the game on the line. Would you like to try again? You're 0-1 so far...

chaingang
10-30-2005, 04:16 PM
The lost was caused because someone had to win in the abrupt situation called overtime...A Sophomore QB pulled an instant too soon out from under the center and the fumble exchange gave WO-S the win.
It must being difficult, You 'Stangs fans have a good team but you no longer are the best program in the land--get over it and join the real world. All this bragging from the past is a sure sign your cockiness should start to slowly erode away. I would have thought Huffman would have helped; but you still envision yourselves as better then everyone else always.

Surely your not saying BC is the best in all the land:thinking:

Well I knows what I knows and Bridge City has no where near the respect nor talent to be in the same sentence as WOS:hand:

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I saw it with my eyes too. The QB came out too quick and never secured control of the ball while trying to hand it off, I disagree with the newspaper that you quote.

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 04:24 PM
BC doesn't have as many skill people as we do. I pray we whip their !@#.

Old Cardinal
10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
See you Saturday!

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Can't wait!!! ;)

chaingang
10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey when we win, you have to change your name to old CROW!!!!!!!:clap: :D

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Fried crow...:eek: :D

chaingang
10-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Or as we say it over here in Cajun country...

Crow Gumbow:D

WOS1
10-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I saw it with my eyes too. The QB came out too quick and never secured control of the ball while trying to hand it off, I disagree with the newspaper that you quote.

Uh... wrong again, I just watched the replay of that game earlier and it was a pitch, not a hand off. Armand had it, then dropped it. Would you like another try?

Old Cuss 0-2

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 05:07 PM
:clap: Glad you had the tape. I thought thats what happened.

setex
10-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't know which team is the best in the land. That's still to be determined...

As for the game last year, you've got an interesting memory. Here's what happened according to Van Wade:

So, it wasn't the excuse of inexperience that caused you all to lose the game... Rather, it was one of your best players who dropped the ball with the game on the line. Would you like to try again? You're 0-1 so far...

GS#17

I'm really impressed with your research, could you find me an adjuster and roofer?

GS#17
10-30-2005, 05:20 PM
LOL.... There are some things nobody can find! :D

chaingang
10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
It just hit me, I know how BC is getting those votes. Old Card is registering on diffent screen names and e-mails. You have to admit he sure does try to deceive the other posters.:clap:

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 06:01 PM
It just hit me, I know how BC is getting those votes. Old Card is registering on diffent screen names and e-mails. You have to admit he sure does try to deceive the other posters.:clap:

Could be Bridge City just has a pretty good ball club is the reason they are getting votes.

By the way, the most inspired game I can ever remember.....and yes, I saw this one with my own eyes. Was Bridge City vs. Orangefield back in 1982. Bridge City was a HUGE underdog in that game. Orangefield was licking their chops at beating Bridge City. I think the whole town of Orangefield had come out to see that game. Back then Orangefield had some really good teams in 3A. They did a swinging gate and picked up 43 yards on the first opening play. Bridge City went to work after that and trounced them 34-0. They shut them down at every level. I am sure Old Card, 3A bird man, bccards76 and some of the other Bridge City posters can go way back to games that were the most inspiring games ever, but I certainly don't think tieing WOS last year was it. Now if Bridge City would have ever played WOS in like 87 and tied them. That would have been a great accomplishment. However, that team last year didn't even make it out of Bi District.

WOSgrad
10-30-2005, 06:21 PM
However, that team last year didn't even make it out of Bi District.

I have seen reference to this on quite a few occasions and I guess an early exit from the playoffs is a sign that a team is not so hot which causes me to ponder a couple the following question:

Who was BC's second round opponent in the playoffs last year?

Thought so.

Have a nice day!

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I have seen reference to this on quite a few occasions and I guess an early exit from the playoffs is a sign that a team is not so hot which causes me to ponder a couple the following question:

Who was BC's second round opponent in the playoffs last year?

Thought so.

Have a nice day!

Not saying Bridge City did great things. Just saying that I don't think that was a huge accomplishment for Bridge City. I have seen plenty of Bridge City teams that were far more of an underdog going into a game and come out on top. Your 100% right. Bridge City didn't advance any either. Guess it kind of puts us in the same boat.

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 06:28 PM
I just watched the replay after reading this post. It was the RB who fumbled the ball in OT. Old Card is just about as credible as everyone here gives him credit for. Where do you get your facts, the Penny Record?

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 06:29 PM
I've also said more than a million times our Defense was terrible toward the end of last year to. Our Offense is much better this year than last.

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I dont see BC pulling this one off, too light of a preseason has inflated the record. Kirbyville come on now, LCM, well there is a powerhouse, then the district besides WO-S. that would make any 2A school shake in their boots. :) Did I say 2A? I might have ment 3A.:devil:

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 06:33 PM
I've also said more than a million times our Defense was terrible toward the end of last year to. Our Offense is much better this year than last.

I will agree with you there. I have seen the numbers your quarterback is putting up. He is very talented. I think the numbers Bridge City is cranking out on defense is very interesting as well. I am sure Coach Hooks is exhaustingily (is that a word...lol) at the films looking for a weakness in the Bridge City defense.

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Clearly there's a chance that BC will pull off the win. However, if the best passing QB you have faced, as paratrooper said, is the QB from Anahuac, then Saturday will be a HUGE test for your defensive backfield. Obviously they might be able to shut it down, but Casey Hedges he is not.

How are BC's lines? Are they built around size and strength or speed and quickness?

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 06:47 PM
then Saturday will be a HUGE test for your defensive backfield. Obviously they might be able to shut it down, but Casey Hedges he is not.

How are BC's lines? Are they built around size and strength or speed and quickness?

I can't speak about the lines. I can try and find out, but to my knowledge that is the best quarterback they have faced. I agree they will be tested with Beasley back there. He's a hauss. I know WOS has a variety of weapons they can throw at you. They would not be undefeated if they didn't. Common sense tells me that every team ya'll go up against tries to shut down the Beasely kid. This will be the true test of this game. Like I say if Bridge City can find a way to shut Beasely down......I think it's lights out for WOS. If they don't and their defense isnt as good as it seems to be. It could be a long night for Bridge City.

I wish there were other posters from Bridge City in here other than myself to say what they think.

WOSgrad
10-30-2005, 06:53 PM
I can't speak about the lines. I can try and find out, but to my knowledge that is the best quarterback they have faced. I agree they will be tested with Beasley back there. He's a hauss. I know WOS has a variety of weapons they can throw at you. They would not be undefeated if they didn't. Common sense tells me that every team ya'll go up against tries to shut down the Beasely kid. This will be the true test of this game. Like I say if Bridge City can find a way to shut Beasely down......I think it's lights out for WOS. If they don't and their defense isnt as good as it seems to be. It could be a long night for Bridge City.

I wish there were other posters from Bridge City in here other than myself to say what they think.

I wouldn't count on it, paratrooper. For the most part, they don't even post on their own website. I do admit that it takes some kahonas to face all of the Mustang faithful when your only back up gets his facts on football from The Oliver Stone Guide to Texas High School Football and considers the National Enquirer an authoritative source. But then again, you wouldn't be in the profession you are in if you didn't have a pair.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I wouldn't count on it, paratrooper. For the most part, they don't even post on their own website. I do admit that it takes some kahonas to face all of the Mustang faithful when your only back up gets his facts on football from The Oliver Stone Guide to Texas High School Football and considers the National Enquirer an authoritative source. But then again, you wouldn't be in the profession you are in if you didn't have a pair.

Well, I don't get my sources from that.....hehe.....but I have through the years tried to keep up with the games. I enjoyed playing ball down there, and every chance I get I will try to go to some games. You should really see NC highschool football. It is sad over here. The fan base is nothing like Texas high school football. I was really wanting to fly in to see this one, but hey duty calls.

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 07:07 PM
well its a shame we didnt get to play them cause of Rita, but then again we may not have been the team we are now. the little break in the action has for one done us well.:D

WOSgrad
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, bb. There is always a chance. Since both of you will be DII, you may meet in the playoffs and put an end to that speculation.

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 07:20 PM
yeah i just looked it up on Jerries picks they got BC 5 over Jasper. and to think about it,, they may be right how can a team like Jasper compete with a team like BC? with their strength of schedual they should be picked by at least 10-20. well least we get to play one extra game:( :( :( :(

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
yeah i just looked it up on Jerries picks they got BC 5 over Jasper. and to think about it,, they may be right how can a team like Jasper compete with a team like BC? with their strength of schedual they should be picked by at least 10-20. well least we get to play one extra game:( :( :( :(

Yes I went on Jerry's also. I am sure you picked right up on how Jaspers schedule was 39th, Bridge City's was 21st and WOS was 1st.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 07:45 PM

Gosh, with odds like that, why would you even show up? It would save the Jasper faithful much embarassment just to concede now. ;)

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I hereby accept and commit to the surrender of the Jasper Bulldogs to the BC Cardinals. As there is no way for us to win. at all, nada, nullo,

I think you were looking at the SOS For what was left SOS for entier years was

Jasper 171.74
BC 142.47

But anyway whoooooooa is us whooooooaaaaa is us

does this meen that the downlow will break my sword and cast me out to the cold hard world of other Football forums? Must I sweep the floors of the downlow after everybody has gone to bed. will I have to move the (lets just say the partiers) off the floor and into their respected domains? whoooaaaa is me

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I hereby accept and commit to the surrender of the Jasper Bulldogs to the BC Cardinals. As there is no way for us to win. at all, nada, nullo,

I think you were looking at the SOS For what was left SOS for entier years was

Jasper 171.74
BC 142.47

But anyway whoooooooa is us whooooooaaaaa is us

does this meen that the downlow will break my sword and cast me out to the cold hard world of other Football forums? Must I sweep the floors of the downlow after everybody has gone to bed. will I have to move the (lets just say the partiers) off the floor and into their respected domains? whoooaaaa is me

Geeezzz....I thought this thread was about the WOS/BC game?:confused:

j_dog
10-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Gosh, with odds like that, why would you even show up? It would save the Jasper faithful much embarassment just to concede now. ;)
Concession granted. :( :o No, sorry, just checked with uil, they said we have to play all the games. well, we can concede on site. :eek: will save a lot of trouble and effort.

j_dog
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Geeezzz....I thought this thread was about the WOS/BC game?:confused:
Sorry, guess we all got excited and hijacked your thread. :o

WOSgrad
10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Well, when you appear to criticize a team's strength of schedule, you are making comments, unintentional as they may be, about the schools on that schedule. The pre-district opponents, Jasper, Nederland, Bay City and Beaumont Central are not only quality teams, but also have large internet followings. If this were to appear on a couple of other websites, you'd be getting many more comments.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 08:32 PM

This is why I posted their schedule. Ya'll already beat them, and BC didn't get the opportunity to play them. So it's really kinda mute in a way. The WOS/BC game will happen. The BC/Jasper game may or may not, but it's certainly not going to happen in the next week, so I don't really see the point of saying who would beat who between BC and Jasper.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Sorry, guess we all got excited and hijacked your thread. :o

Not my thread, but I just think it's silly to say who would beat who between Jasper and BC since this is not being played at all.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I thought this was interesting about Dan Hooks, this is what he said last year to the PA News.

"With his Bridge City faithful just down the road, Hooks loves the Cardinals practically as much as any Big Red supporter. He follows BC along the playoff trail when his West Orange-Stark team is not so occupied. And Dan Ray will root for the Redbirds throughout their Division II playoff run.

But tonight he stands and paces the northwest side of Larry Ward Stadium.

By having a Bridge City-area phone number, Hooks probably would keep from having to compete against the Cardinals in a perfect world. The feeling is mutual on the Cardinals' side of the ledger. If Bridge City's folks could keep from playing Dan's Mustangs, they would be happy about that, too."

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 09:54 PM
see the big problem is...WO-S get dumped on all the time. and right along with them come the Bulldogs. now we have played WO-S many many games and there have been some if i may say "were games from hell" and the respect that the two have for each other kinda makes us (after our game of course) but kind of a watch dog or watch stang for each other. have too no one else will. so when you talk about WO-S you can rest assured that there is a Jasper Bulldog near by ready to defend them or bring them into the conversation. and the same is done if Jasper is talked about. look at it this way,,, you get two teams for the price of one:) Kinda like a BULLSTANG.:)

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks.

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 10:06 PM
see the big problem is...WO-S get dumped on all the time. and right along with them come the Bulldogs. now we have played WO-S many many games and there have been some if i may say "were games from hell" and the respect that the two have for each other kinda makes us (after our game of course) but kind of a watch dog or watch stang for each other. have too no one else will. so when you talk about WO-S you can rest assured that there is a Jasper Bulldog near by ready to defend them or bring them into the conversation. and the same is done if Jasper is talked about. look at it this way,,, you get two teams for the price of one:) Kinda like a BULLSTANG.:)

No Jasper just isn't in the lime light, so you want to jump on the Stangs wagon. Stand by your team, but I don't remember the convergence of WO-JS

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 10:26 PM
well Jasper doesnt need the limelight. we have had our share and will have it in the future. That the problem with a lot of these young upstarts they make it to the playoffs and they think they are the worlds gift to football. Little secret ...your not...see other from your team come on here and talk so much smack that you not only annoy the team that your talking smack to but other fans that respect that team also. kinda like a double egde sword. now i am sorry if no other school will back you up, but hey. thats the way it crumbles. and I am really concerded that you havent heard of the BullStangs????

X Man
10-30-2005, 10:26 PM
I will only predict a WOS win. Bridge City always saves their best game for WOS, but WOS always does what it takes to get the win.

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh we have been on each others band wagon for many many years.

wos fan1
10-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Yep!

Hupernikomen
10-30-2005, 10:32 PM
No Jasper just isn't in the lime light, so you want to jump on the Stangs wagon. Stand by your team, but I don't remember the convergence of WO-JS

I can promise you that the best thing that ever happened to Jasper on the downlow was when WO-S moved down to 3A...Jasper doesn't deserve the limelight we are a 5-3 football team. Good luck to you both Friday night.

chaingang
10-30-2005, 10:47 PM
well Jasper doesnt need the limelight. we have had our share and will have it in the future. That the problem with a lot of these young upstarts they make it to the playoffs and they think they are the worlds gift to football. Little secret ...your not...see other from your team come on here and talk so much smack that you not only annoy the team that your talking smack to but other fans that respect that team also. kinda like a double egde sword. now i am sorry if no other school will back you up, but hey. thats the way it crumbles. and I am really concerded that you havent heard of the BullStangs????

Hey hey hey why does it have to be th BULLSTANGS? I think it should be th STANGBULLS. Or better yet....the MUSTARDOGS

:D

Jasper people always trying to beat us someway:D :D:clap:

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey hey hey why does it have to be th BULLSTANGS? I think it should be th STANGBULLS. Or better yet....the MUSTARDOGS

:D

Jasper people always trying to beat us someway:D :D:clap:

No I kinda like B ull S tangs......more fitting, heck ya'll can even abbreviate it:D :D

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 11:09 PM
and BC stands for Bridge City? :D

Crimestick
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
BC? We always called 'em BSh.
;)

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
and BC stands for Bridge City? :D

:clap: :D

bulldogbark
10-30-2005, 11:16 PM
ok guy I have had my fun,, I hope you both have a safe game and till we meet in the playoffs may each team represent their city with pride and honor. good luck to all:)

Paratrooper
10-30-2005, 11:17 PM
ok guy I have had my fun,, I hope you both have a safe game and till we meet in the playoffs may each team represent their city with pride and honor. good luck to all:)

Good luck to you guys as well Bulldogbark. BC and Jasper will probably meet up at a later date and we can start this all over again.

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 01:08 AM
wos by 2 or 3....sorry bc this is not gonna be your game

MARLINDOGS
10-31-2005, 01:14 AM
And I thought washing dirty socks was bad.:thinking:

WOS1
10-31-2005, 07:50 AM
All the BC, oops, I mean BS aside... it's nice to finally have this week to talk about...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paratrooper
10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by AJ_2005
wos by 2 or 3....sorry bc this is not gonna be your game

Glad you cleared that up for us....lol:D

spiveyrat
10-31-2005, 09:01 AM
I believe WO-S takes this one... and I don't think it's going to be as close as many believe. :eek:

RBARKER
10-31-2005, 09:03 AM
This is going to be a good one and I am glad I will be able to attend. You can throw all of the stats, schedule strenghths, and every thing out, this game will be played on the fied this Saturday by two schools with a lot of pride. WOS would have to have the edge being it is at their house , but overall both of these teams are pretty even and will probally be the toughest win earned by either school this year. Goodluck to both teams and seya in the playoffs.

exbccards76'smom
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Hope you are gonna come and sit on the visitor side with us

:D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
Our schedule has been probably the toughest of any 3A school.

Atlanta HS...

RBARKER
10-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
Hope you are gonna come and sit on the visitor side with us

:D :D :D

SHHHH we are, but don't tell anyone;)

wos fan1
10-31-2005, 10:20 AM
I thought RBARKER was going to be on our side??? :thinking:

duckbutter
10-31-2005, 10:41 AM
BC by 3

RBARKER
10-31-2005, 11:02 AM
I thought RBARKER was going to be on our side??? :thinking:

Dang it! Ok I'll be sitting behind the goal post:D

wos fan1
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
You can help keep the generator going for the scoreboard. We lost several light poles as well. No really, be on our side...:D

bccards
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
The trick is, RBARKER has had the pleasure of meeting a lot of us BC folk in the past 4 years, so we will be most happy for Mr. RBARKER to sit on our side, since most of us know him now ;) So - With that being said, Although I have not personally met him, we'll see you on the BC side Saturday, as well as hopefully a lot of other support from area schools ;)

Bullaholic
10-31-2005, 11:59 AM
For those of us unfamiliar with both WO-S and Bridge City, other than their records, would somebody please give us some details about the offenses (type, best players, etc.) and defenses? From a game analysis perspective, tell us the key matchups and why a particular team has an advantage in any given area. Thanks.

GUNHO
10-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Wow.I think I'll go to this game.:D

bulldogbark
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
I was going to sit on the WO-S side:)

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Saturday 2 p.m. in Orange. Dang!! :( I'd love to go to this game, but that is too far. Will there be a web cast?

wos fan1
10-31-2005, 12:25 PM
kogt.com

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
kogt.com Thanks! I'll settle for listening. :nerd:

Good Luck to both teams!! :clap:

Hindsight2020
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
For those of us unfamiliar with both WO-S and Bridge City, other than their records, would somebody please give us some details about the offenses (type, best players, etc.) and defenses? From a game analysis perspective, tell us the key matchups and why a particular team has an advantage in any given area. Thanks.

not too sure about bc but wo-s has many weapons on offense.
there have already been posts about 2 of the runningbacks - Junior earl thomas and Sophomore depauldrick garrett. both are outstanding. our third string runner - Senior kendrich leblanc - is also no slouch. he had an awesome game against nederland earlier this year. Thomas probably won't see the field this saturday due to an ankle injury. that will not hurt us on offense, but it will on defense, being that he is the best cornerback we have. wo-s runs most plays out the spread with bandits. for short yardage gains, they use the power-I. Senior quarterback kenneth beasley is the perfect candidate to run this type of offense. he is very quick and will duck his head and absolutly run over defenders. unlike most high school quarterbacks, he can run the ball great and he has a great passing arm. unlike the typical wo-s team, our o-line this year has some size, and most of them can move very well. our line is not very big, but is big compared to previous years. good thing is most of the o-line are sophomores. along with the offense attack is several receivers that not many secondaries can keep up with. Senior ledarius white, Senior jarrod lewis, Junior dominique rhodes, Junior jacoby franks (texas a&m kerry franks' little brother),

as for the defense, they mainly run the 50. most of the defensive players are quick and are very strong. we lack size on the line, but make up for it with quickness and strength. our secondary has tons of speed and will not get burnt, unless there is a blown coverage. every now and then, coach foreman will stick beasley in the secondary if need be. he hasn't played in the secondary since the anahuac game (3 weeks ago) if my memory serves me correctly.

the only thing i have heard about bc, other than a stellar offense, is that their secondary is suspect. NOTE: that is what i heard, not witnessed.

WOS92
10-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Although Beasley rarely plays defense, it's big when he does. He is the #1 CB prospect in Texas going into this season.

B.Morrison
10-31-2005, 02:15 PM
I hate to Break the news to the BC fans,but all this junk about WOS easy schedule. Are U kidding me? Everyone of WOS non-district opponents would beat BC. Bay City,Nederland,Central have all lost to very good teams. They don't play teams like Liberty & Kirbyville teams which they would all beat. WOS wins by 2-3 scores. Nederland and LC-M are not the same not even close nice try. You can not put Liberty,Kirbyville in the same catgory as Nederland,Bay City, Central.Kirbyville lost to Silsbee.

3afan
10-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
Although Beasley rarely plays defense, it's big when he does. He is the #1 CB prospect in Texas going into this season.

Cause I'm bored, here is Rival's top 100 in Texas with only DBs listed ......

Rivals.com preseason Texas top 100 2006 DallasNews.com: Recruiting | last sorted on 7/23/2005

Name Pos. Ht/Wt Hometown Schools
9 Daniel Johnson DB 6-3/195 Houston (TX) Spring Woods Undecided
10 Deon Beasley DB 5-10/160 Orange (TX) West Orange Stark Texas
14 Chykie Brown DB 6-1/175 Houston (TX) North Shore Texas
18 Leonard Hewitt DB 5-10/175 Lufkin (TX) Lufkin Undecided
20 Terrance Anderson DB 5-10/163 Aldine (TX) Undecided
25 Jordan Pugh DB 5-11/177 Plano (TX) West Texas A&M
27 Jonathan Nelson DB 6-1/180 Mansfield (TX) Summit Oklahoma
34 Robert Joseph DB 6-2/180 Port Arthur (TX) Memorial Texas
36 Patrick Lavine DB 6-2/210 Houston (TX) Jersey Village Oklahoma State
38 Anthony Webb DB 6-1/190 Dallas (TX) South Oak Cliff Kansas
41 James Henry DB 6-2/195 Schertz (TX) Clemens Oklahoma
43 Mister Alexander DB 6-2/183 Aldine (TX) Eisenhower Undecided
45 Malcolm Williams DB 5-10/172 Grand Prairie (TX) South Grand Prairie Texas A&M
62 Olaitan Oguntodu DB 6-1/200 Mesquite (TX) Horn Undecided
64 Danny McCray DB 6-0/205 Spring (TX) Westfield LSU
66 Franklin Mitchem DB 6-3/200 Klein (TX) Collins Texas Tech
96 Deron Fontenot DB 5-9/180 Grand Prairie (TX) South Grand Prairie Oklahoma State
98 DeMaurier Thompson DB 6-0/176 Dallas (TX) W.T. White Texas A&M

wos fan1
10-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by B.Morrison
I hate to Break the news to the BC fans,but all this junk about WOS easy schedule. Are U kidding me? Everyone of WOS non-district opponents would beat BC. Bay City,Nederland,Central have all lost to very good teams. They don't play teams like Liberty & Kirbyville teams which they would all beat. WOS wins by 2-3 scores. Nederland and LC-M are not the same not even close nice try. You can not put Liberty,Kirbyville in the same catgory as Nederland,Bay City, Central. Your 100% correct.

Bullaholic
10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Let's see if I have the likely (not predictions) scenarios right:

WO-S and Bridge City play Friday 11/04 for the District 24-3A Title

WO-S should play Barbers Hill in first round D1
Bridge City should play Cleveland or Liberty in first round D2

3ABirdMan
10-31-2005, 04:01 PM
MAN! I go out of town for a softball tournament with my daughter, and you 'Stangs run all over us 'Cards on the DownLow! 10 pages in less than 3 days! It's taken me 45 minutes of reading just to catch up!:D

I have a few points I'd like to make to try to catch up:
1 - All other games before this one against common opponents don't mean anything....
2 - Paratrooper - You're not alone any more....
3 - I know Old Card, and ya'll are making his season by getting riled up by what he posts! - He's lovin' it!:inlove:
4 - Last year is over: WOS won in OT, BC had no chance, and we both went 1-and-out!
5 - RBARKER, you're welcome, but if you bring JODY, he has to sit on the WOS side - I know what kind of luck he brings!:D
6 - IF BC plays pass defense, this could be a good game! If NOT, well...........:p
7 - Both teams are 'smallish' and extremely athletic.
8 - Both teams have weapons.
9 - WOS has experience. (and strength of schedule - I am a realist, after all!):cool: BUT, BC has heart (and not that WOS doesn't, but this team is one of those special ones)
10 - The game will be settled on the field, not on the DownLow. As much as we wish we could participate, WE CAN'T. SO, good luck WOS MUSTANGS! :kiss: May we both come out of this injury free, and as friends!

And I am relatively sure, the better TEAM will win!

Hindsight2020
10-31-2005, 04:12 PM
good post bird man. there are a few level-headed people in bc after all....... j/k :cool:

Bullaholic
10-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
MAN! I go out of town for a softball tournament with my daughter, and you 'Stangs run all over us 'Cards on the DownLow! 10 pages in less than 3 days! It's taken me 45 minutes of reading just to catch up!:D

1 - All other games before this one against common opponents don't mean anything....
3 - I know Old Card, and ya'll are making his season by getting riled up by what he posts! - He's lovin' it!:inlove:
4 - Last year is over: WOS won in OT, BC had no chance, and we both went 1-and-out!
5 - RBARKER, you're welcome, but if you bring JODY, he has to sit on the WOS side - I know what kind of luck he brings!:D
6 - IF BC plays pass defense, this could be a good game! If NOT, well...........:p
9 - WOS has experience. (and strength of schedule - I am a realist, after all!):cool: BUT, BC has heart (and not that WOS doesn't, but this team is one of those special ones)
10 - The game will be settled on the field, not on the DownLow. As much as we wish we could participate, WE CAN'T. SO, good luck WOS MUSTANGS! :kiss: May we both come out of this injury free, and as friends!

Who let this "reasonable, level-headed poster" on here? Nice summary 3ABirdMan---good points, and as usual when BC and WO-S fans find each other---it is usually entertaining. It's always fun when the two "bad boys" on the block finally find each other.

3ABirdMan
10-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I bleed red (I mean , really, don't we all?) , but I do have to admit I own a really nice-looking pair of Aesics(sp) sneakers that ARE navy and silver.

(and i only wear them at night, around the house, when it's reallllllyyyyyy dark, and eeeeeeeveryone else is asleep................:D )

RBARKER
10-31-2005, 04:54 PM
RBARKER, you're welcome, but if you bring JODY, he has to sit on the WOS side - I know what kind of luck he brings!:D

Bird Man Jody will be BC's secret weapon if things start going WOS's way then we will send Jody to the Home stands. WOS doesn't have a chance against Jody. Infact we are making Jody sit on the vistor sides durning BH's playoff games as well.:D :D

WOS1
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
We are setting up a gate check on the home side. No one will be allowed to enter with the first name of "Jody". You must have a valid ID to enter. If you are caught trying to get in, you will be immediately escorted to the visitors side.

Thank you.
Mustang Gate Police

Hupernikomen
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM

Good work..but you need to realize Jody is already working for the Dogs come playoff time...after BH gets bumped that is :)

j_dog
10-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Good work..but you need to realize Jody is already working for the Dogs come playoff time...after BH gets bumped that is :)
Hey guys. Don't build up Jody to be more than he is. He in fact did almost singlehandedly carry Jasper all the way to the state finals, but when we needed him the most, when we needed those two points to tie the game, he stood down by the goal posts with his hands in his pockets. I mean, he could have at least run out onto the field and straightened out the Refs! :devil:

Paratrooper
10-31-2005, 09:09 PM

1. Come on.....even HF......just joking.....lol
2. Thank gosh......I was surrounded by the enemy and they were over running my postion....lol:D
3. I heard he was doing cheetah flips
4. Yes, we both had stellar years last year
5.JODY is really the 4 letter word your mom always told you not to say
6.Agreed.....stop beasley......stop WOS.......beasley cuts loose....bye bye win
7.Dont' know but I'll certainly take your word on it
8.and if all else fails......send Jody to the WOS side
9.Heart vs tough schedule (somewhat tougher...LOL)......I can go with that
10.That is the biggest thing is that we both come out injury free. Both teams should have a great run when the real season starts.:D :D

Paratrooper
10-31-2005, 09:32 PM
You know just curious. What is the record on the downlow for the most posts and looks on a thread? Do they even keep those records? If this one keeps going this one has got to be in the top ten for sure. You would be reading all day.

bulldogbark
10-31-2005, 09:57 PM
i think it was well over 200 pages and something to do with word assosiation. I will be corrected if I am wrong:)

Crimestick
10-31-2005, 09:59 PM
This WO-S team has a ton of heart too. They won some of those close games on heart.
Also, stop Beasley and you MIGHT stop WO-S. We still have Depauldrick Garrett at RB.

wos fan1
10-31-2005, 10:08 PM
And many more!

RoTexRider3
10-31-2005, 10:28 PM
13 pages guys...Nice job!

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3
13 pages guys...Nice job!

And it's only Tuesday. ;)

3afan
11-01-2005, 06:37 AM
and when you put it in perspective, its not THAT big of a game as it relates to each teams' ultimate goal, a state championship ....

WOS1
11-01-2005, 08:17 AM
stop beasley......stop WOS.......

Oh.... I soooooo can't wait for Saturday!!!:D

3ABirdMan
11-01-2005, 08:39 AM
............Also, stop Beasley and you MIGHT stop WO-S. We still have Depauldrick Garrett at RB.

hey, now - DUMB? Maybe. Brick? :thinking: NOT!

I NEVER said "stop" anybody, cause I know that ain't gonna happen. I just said play pass defense, and SLOW DOWN somebody, anybody, please!

WOS is a lot like BC - for us, IF you stop Armand, Dishon will eat you up, or, IF you stop Dishon, Armand will eat you up. Can you stop BOTH of them? MAYBE, but you'll be the first. I know we can't stop everybody in blue (or will it be white, since you will be "home"), but, maybe, just maybe, if we can slow 'em down a little, ......

WOS92
11-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I think he was responding to paratrooper, who said, "stop Beasley, stop WO-S."

3ABirdMan
11-01-2005, 08:42 AM
What I really want to know is where and when are we gonna meet up with you guys and gals? I'd rather do it early, like at half, while one us still has something to brag about or hope for. It won't be near as much fun for one us after the game!:D

RBARKER
11-01-2005, 08:46 AM
What I really want to know is where and when are we gonna meet up with you guys and gals? I'd rather do it early, like at half, while one us still has something to brag about or hope for. It won't be near as much fun for one us after the game!:D

Oh, I can see it now ....Brawl breaks out at the WOS/BC game.......JK. I might can get Jody to hand out some shirts:D

3ABirdMan
11-01-2005, 08:50 AM
THANKS, but NO THANKS. I have, in my posession, an as-yet un-worn shirt given to me by JODY (and I can't quite seem to remember what it says).

ONE shirt from JODY is enough. WOS FANS, on the other hand, probably could use a new shirt for the playoffs...............:cool:

WOS92
11-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Not that it affects our game in any way, but two of our pre-district opponents did play last night: Central beat lil' cypress 27-7 and improved to 5-2 (3-0 district). lil' cypress goes to 2-6 (0-3 district). It bears little relevance on our game Saturday, but it does speak to the argument that LC-M was practically equal to Central and Nederland.

wos fan1
11-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Not worth discussing...WOS has had a tougher schedule than BC..bottom line. Let them think all they have to do is stop Beasley!! :D

RBARKER
11-01-2005, 12:07 PM
OMG this post went two page two!!! Lets get this thing going WOS sucks:D Stir Stir Stir and BC will win by atleast 100.

3afan
11-01-2005, 12:25 PM
.... a brutal intentional facemask against Orangefield. ...

ouch - quite an accusation! :eek:

if thats indeed the case i'me sure it would have come up before now ...

WOS1
11-01-2005, 12:34 PM
This is definitely not good!!! I guess it will give us an opportunity to prove that we aren't a one man show...

3afan
11-01-2005, 12:44 PM
When you grab it from behind and pull the guy to the ground - never letting go - it's hard to believe it was incidental. But I'm not trying to start a stir about that. The important thing here is that it has left us - most likely - without one of the (if not THE) best players we've ever had.

fair enuf - my point was, are any facemask violations EVER really "intentional"? guys are trying to make tackles and they happen to grab a facemask. happens all the time, every game. most let go, some dont. sounded like you were accusing an OF player of intentionally injuring ...

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
fair enuf - my point was, are any facemask violations EVER really "intentional"? guys are trying to make tackles and they happen to grab a facemask. happens all the time, every game. most let go, some dont. sounded like you were accusing an OF player of intentionally injuring ...

Thats how I took it too and it does happen every game.

WOS1
11-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh no you don't!!

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh no you don't!!

:confused:

WOS1
11-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Getting it back on the front page...:p

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Getting it back on the front page...:p

I had no idea what you were talking about.....LOL. Did it ever leave the front page? We have talked about this game so much the only other would be to compare 40 yard dash times....LOL

WOS1
11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Good idea, what are the 40 times for:

Dishon
Coleman
Armand
Sparks

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Good idea, what are the 40 times for:

Dishon
Coleman
Armand
Sparks

Fast
Really Fast
Superman Fast
leaves WOS in the dust fast.....lol.....joking

Crimestick
11-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Leaves us in the dust, huh? Interesting...
Where are these rocket-footed athletes planning to commit? We have one verbal to UT and one to UH so far.

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Leaves us in the dust, huh? Interesting...
Where are these rocket-footed athletes planning to commit? We have one verbal to UT and one to UH so far.
Easy killer......just playin

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM

BRIDGE CITY 14 WEST ORANGE STARK 07

I am changing my prediction
BRIDGE CITY 14 WEST ORANGE STARK 00

setex
11-01-2005, 10:26 PM
I didn't witness the play. Usually if the play was fragrant the teamates of the injured player would retaliate. If this didn't happen, then it was just unfortunate injury.

GS#17
11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
That's weird logic... If the players retaliate, it must've been intentional; if they don't, it's an unfortunate injury. How would anyone know what someone else's intentions are, and how would retaliation define the act of another? As for the "fragrance" of the play, it smelled like any other...

What happened is over and done with. Like Bobkat said, it's time to get over it and move forward.

setex
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
That's weird logic... If the players retaliate, it must've been intentional; if they don't, it's an unfortunate injury. How would anyone know what someone else's intentions are, and how would retaliation define the act of another? As for the "fragrance" of the play, it smelled like any other...

What happened is over and done with. Like Bobkat said, it's time to get over it and move forward.

Allright teacher:) , I'll stay after school.

Really Go, wouldn't you protect your teamate if it was obvious?

GS#17
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
By the description that some of the Bobcat posters put on here I think it was just unfortunate.

It is unfortunate anytime anyone gets hurt, regardless of the circumstances.

GS#17
11-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Really Go, wouldn't you protect your teamate if it was obvious?

I'm pretty small, so I'd probably just end up getting hurt myself. ;)

Seriously, though, when players get injured, whether the injury was caused intentionally or not, I think the tendency is for most people to want to retaliate in some form or fashion. Yet, I don't think you can judge a person's action based on the actions of others, though -- that is to say, whether someone retaliates or not doesn't mean something happened or didn't happen.

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 10:51 PM
It is unfortunate anytime anyone gets hurt, regardless of the circumstances.
Very true........hopefully once all is said and done both Bridge City and WOS will come out of this healthy for the playoffs.

wos fan1
11-01-2005, 11:00 PM
We'll be fine....

GS#17
11-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Luckily, the "backups" have had a good amount of playing time throughout the district season. WOS just has a lot of skill players, and the ones who aren't starters would certainly be leading the way for several other teams.

GS#17
11-01-2005, 11:23 PM
To clarify your post, it should be noted that WOS was certainly not 100% against NED or Bay City. Against NED, WOS suited up 23 players, and they didn't have many more against Bay City. The Stangs were without a few OL those games...

Paratrooper
11-01-2005, 11:29 PM
To clarify your post, it should be noted that WOS was certainly not 100% against NED or Bay City. Against NED, WOS suited up 23 players, and they didn't have many more against Bay City. The Stangs were without a few OL those games...

No team is really ever 100%. Bridge City has sidelined some for grades. I just think those two huge losses, were the equivalant of taking out like peebles and guys like that for the big games when Bridge City was going into the playoffs. The others absolutely can get it done, but it does make it a lot harder.

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
;)

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Our Coaches don't want us discussing injuries on any message boards anymore.

Huhhh? Are you guys out of highschool?

3afan
11-02-2005, 06:28 AM
now, give me a break. dont read something into which is probably nothing ..... stop and think about it.

GS#17
11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
I got a call last night and I removed the thread from the WOS board. In its place, this is what I wrote:

Look, a lot of talk has been going around throughout the season about injured players, their diagnoses, and their prognoses. No need to rehash anything -- all fans know who will and will not suit out -- but for the players' sake, let's respect their privacy when it comes to this topic. Injuries are a part of the game, but people could get in a lot of trouble by publishing these kinds of things on this message board.

Take it how you want to take it, but I am not getting in trouble over people posting "injury reports" on our board.

As for what's been said here, at least one player is going to get evaluated and we'll see what happens at that point...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't want this to go ttt, so I'll just add my say. If the WO-S coaches don't want injuries discussed on a message board, I agree with that and this is now closed temporarily while the injury posts are removed...lhpm

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Our Coaches don't want us discussing injuries on any message boards anymore.

Fair enough & the posts have either been deleted or edited. Now carry on. :)

3afan
11-02-2005, 08:41 AM
you think the coaches give a hoot about whats discussed on message boards? do they even know the message boards EXIST ??? I think they probably have other things on their agendas ..... but I could be wrong

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
you think the coaches give a hoot about whats discussed on message boards? do they even know the message boards EXIST ??? I think they probably have other things on their agendas ..... but I could be wrong

I agree.........this thing has the stench of manure coming from the broadside of a mustang. They hype this injury up on Tuesday....not Monday, but Tuesday. I kinda thought about it, but then let it go. Giving them the benefit of the doubt. Then in this same post, one guy is talking to the mother saying she doesn't understand what all the fuss is. His neck no doubt was wrung, but she said he is just sore. That is believable to me. Then all the rest of the WOS posters are getting on here saying this kid has potentially a very serious injury and will be out for 2 weeks. Well, if its any concellation to WOS I do hope the kid is okay and will play. I wouldn't want a bunch of excuses IF and it is a big IF YOU GET BEAT.

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
WOS better have them all well and ready to go come the 11th or 12th of November. We expect and want nothing less.

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 09:10 AM
.:clap:

WOS1
11-02-2005, 09:11 AM
I agree.........this thing has the stench of manure coming from the broadside of a mustang. They hype this injury up on Tuesday....not Monday, but Tuesday. I kinda thought about it, but then let it go. Giving them the benefit of the doubt. Then in this same post, one guy is talking to the mother saying she doesn't understand what all the fuss is. His neck no doubt was wrung, but she said he is just sore. That is believable to me. Then all the rest of the WOS posters are getting on here saying this kid has potentially a very serious injury and will be out for 2 weeks. Well, if its any concellation to WOS I do hope the kid is okay and will play. I wouldn't want a bunch of excuses IF and it is a big IF YOU GET BEAT.

Hey man... let me set this straight. The original post that started ALL of this discussion was posted BY ME (not coaches, players or anyone else) on the WO-S site based on what I heard from a middle school coach when I dropped my daughter off at school on Tuesday. I said that he told me that he had a very sore neck and couldn't move it and that the coaches would take no chances with him. I posted that on the WO-S board and it, somehow, found it's way over here. NO ONE from WO-S has tried to blow this out of proportion. YOU guys are the ones who have taken it and run with it. I simply posted what I heard. This is in no way some grand scheme to mislead the BC team or something. You insinuating that is just plum ridiculous. I have been since contacted by my friends on the coaching staff and asked that we not discuss our injury situation on message boards because both of these kids parents have been called by people inquiring about their health as if they are professional athletes or something. I think a lot of people here need to grow up. If you have any further questions about this you can pm me.

WOS1
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
WOS better have them all well and ready to go come the 11th or 12th of November. We expect and want nothing less.

Careful what you wish for...;)

WOS92
11-02-2005, 09:27 AM
this thing has the stench of manure coming from the broadside of a mustang.

Well, I guess you handled that with about as much class as you could... :rolleyes: Excuse us for being concerned about the SAME information that YOU are receiving. I am no closer to the coaches or athletes than YOU are. Please, do forgive us for voicing our concerns.

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Careful what you wish for...;)

I didn't "wish" for anything. Be careful my mustang friend.

WOSgrad
11-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Geez, cloak and dagger on the Downlow?

I think not.

I am sort of the same position at WOS92 in that my location dicates that any info that I get are from the message boards even on my beloved Mustangs.

All I think that one can be accused of here is being a bit alarmist about infromation that was received. Someone talked about a sore neck and a sore ankle and the rest ran with it (including some who don't have a claimed allegiance to WO-S). The following factors dictate against something sinister:

1. The guys who posted on this don't know everything about football, but do know that coaches do not get opposing team injury reports from high school message boards. In answer to 3A fans' question, I have a relative who is an AD at a Houston area school who told me that coaches do read these, although they use it more as a tool for comic relief than information gathering.

2. Specifically, they know that Claude Tarver has a bunch of games under his belt and knows better than to rely on message board posts for his gameplanning.

3. The guys that did posting do happen to live in that area and wouldn't knowingly publish false information about someone's child as they know the chances are good that they would be PERSONALLY confronted by a very angry mom and dad.

4. These guys know that Coach Hooks and the rest of the coaching staff would not put up with faulty injury information being published. And as the guys apparently found out late last night, doesn't like any information being published about injuries, period.

5. And probably the most important, they don't want fellow WOS alums becoming unglued (like they did last night on the WO-S board) and searching them out to create another injury report!

;)

bccards
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
This is not the WOS message board, I would not delete any messages.. Unless someone has received an e-mail directly from a coach @woccisd.net, I'd leave all messages! :D

WOSgrad
11-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Um, I think that the mods and admins here have their own authority to make deletions within their discretion.

WOS1
11-02-2005, 12:03 PM
I don't understand the big deal here anyway. Beasley or no Beasley, what difference does it make? BC is still gonna prepare for him anyway, so all the concern here is really silly. Many say that WO-S was going to have trouble scoring even with Beasley so us not having shouldn't mean a thing to BC fans...:rolleyes:

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I'll just say this. I do hope the kids alright and is able to play. I do agree that the game is going to go on.....Beasley or no beasley and BC will prepare either way. The way this thing came down just had a peculiar appearance through people taking from the WOS board and putting it on here. I think this part of the "injury" thread can end and we can all get back to saying who will beat who.

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 12:56 PM
We'll be fine....

wostexan
11-02-2005, 01:06 PM
wosfan1 where did you get your info from?

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by wostexan
wosfan1 where did you get your info from?

He is not discussing it.

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't think he's going to play. That's the latest word. I'm not discussing it anymore.

I'll just say this. I do hope the kids alright and is able to play. I do agree that the game is going to go on.....Beasley or no beasley and BC will prepare either way. The way this thing came down just had a peculiar appearance through people taking from the WOS board and putting it on here. I think this part of the "injury" thread can end and we can all get back to saying who will beat who.

Course, guess not.....lol.......GEEZZZZ.......stop already. Let's talk about something else as far as the game!:eek:

wostexan
11-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Beasley and Thomas WILL play!

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I'll ask you what you ask me. Where did you get your info??

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Here we go again

wostexan
11-02-2005, 01:17 PM
The Head Trainer!

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Good Deal!

Paratrooper
11-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Mom says yes, trainer says no, head trainer says yes........you guys make my head hurt. It doesn't matter. I am just glad it appears he's okay. For argument sakes lets just all assume he is playing and leave the injury thing behind.

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
If they play they play, if they don't they don't...Game must go on.

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!!!! WOS trainer gets UIL permission to play quarterback this weekend against Bridge City. Because of the awful grief he feels for not getting the real QB to the doctor on Monday and his lack of obvious athletic ability the UIL has allowed him to play. Wow -- what a turn of events.

wos fan1
11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Hope he does. Hope they both get to play. We'll see.

Hindsight2020
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
the stangs roll either way!!!!

RBARKER
11-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Just heard from my brothers, friends, moms, live in boy friends, uncles, great aunts, cousin that Beasly has decided to transfer to Bridge City and play in Saturdays game.:D

BlueBlood
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
the stangs roll either way!!!!

Oh. Thanks for opening my eyes. The Mustangs from WOS are cars not horses. I don't know how I messed that up.

WOS92
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Just heard from my brothers, friends, moms, live in boy friends, uncles, great aunts, cousin that Beasly has decided to transfer to Bridge City and play in Saturdays game.

I could say something really horrible here, but I will use restraint. All of my WO-S bretheren are thinking the same thing.