PDA

View Full Version : Matt 328s #25 wins 38-0 plays #1WO-S both from 24-3A-- polled as strongest District

Old Cardinal
10-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Well OF hung with WO-S pretty well today. BC defense just mauled Hamshire-Fannett. I am sure glad that BC finally made some of the Polls.
At least they get to play the Division I, #1 team to see if they deserve their #25 rating.:clap:

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 05:09 PM
We didn't play well today. To many penalties and not having our #1 Running back hurt us as well. 35-6 we'll take it.

Old Cardinal
10-29-2005, 05:24 PM
I got scanty reports on the game(OF)...As I understand it, it was 14-6 on into the third quarter.. Hopefully you will be looking ahead to the Barbers Hill game for the Division I Bi-District, when you play Bridge City.
I understand that Hooks had to keep his hosses in the game to get the score up for the "Polls-sake", towards the end.
I was really impressed today with BCs Third team quarterback, Jeff Stringer. Jeff is a Junior and a lefty Pitcher for the Baseball team. He was pressed being behind a sub-line but quite accurate with his passes. Jadon Ellender and previous QB starter(Senior) our backup is fine; but I guess you must trained a Junior to backup "Go Johnny Go" Dishon who will also be a Senior next year.
WO-S is much stronger this year but so is Orangefield who beat H-J last week, so I would not put much stock in this- OF was of course pumped for this game.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
We didn't play well today. To many penalties and not having our #1 Running back hurt us as well. 35-6 we'll take it.

I have read in other posts that you are saving him for the Hill.

Hupernikomen
10-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I understand that Hooks had to keep his hosses in the game to get the score up for the "Polls-sake", towards the end.

Yeah I hear 3 AP representatives were there with clipboards taking notes..Hooks had to impress them lest they fall in the polls for sure :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope you are keeping your sources confidential because you come up with some highly sensitive info. that if in the wrong hands could wreck havoc on Texas High School football. Thanks for your restraint.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 06:23 PM
I got scanty reports on the game(OF)...As I understand it, it was 14-6 on into the third quarter.. Hopefully you will be looking ahead to the Barbers Hill game for the Division I Bi-District, when you play Bridge City.
I was really impressed today with BCs Third team quarterback, Jeff Stringer. Jeff is a Junior and a lefty Pitcher for the Baseball team. He was pressed being behind a sub-line but quite accurate with his passes. Jadon Ellender and previous QB starter(Senior) our backup is fine; but I guess you must trained a Junior to backup "Go Johnny Go" Dishon who will also be a Senior next year.
WO-S is much stronger this year but so is Orangefield who beat H-J last week, so I would not put much stock in this- OF was of course pumped for this game. Have to save the hosse for Huffman or the Hill.

Old Cardinal
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Huper: That is one silly outburst that you made. I like Dan Hooks he is just from the ole school and will beat you as bad as he can every year.
Now there is nothing wrong with that in this sense: if you want to not give any school even one glimmer of hope that they might have a chance to beat you next year--then you go that route.
Off the field Dan Hooks is a very nice guy...It's just a philosophy that unfortunately works to embarass your yearly opposition and try to keep the upperhand--it's mostly still employed by the Ole Timers nearing retirement.

3afan
10-29-2005, 07:42 PM
.... for the "Polls-sake"

i dont think coaches give a crap about polls ... only people like, like uuuhh, like us do! and some WAY more than others ....

WOS87
10-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Geez!! Give me a break.... WO-S doesn't have to do anything to impress anyone. Their tradition and record speaks for itself and if you have a problem with them then beat them!! (Bridge City has been trying for 19 years and hasn't done it yet) If anyone is trying to impress the AP I'm thinking it's BC...

And if by chance, they pull it off this year, then more power to them and congratulations.... I will be happy for them and pull for them all the same.

HighSchool Fan
10-29-2005, 10:17 PM
BC is gonna get smoked. they will drop out of the top 25 and old card is gonna find something else to lie about.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 10:21 PM
:)

Hupernikomen
10-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Huper: That is one silly outburst that you made. I like Dan Hooks he is just from the ole school and will beat you as bad as he can every year.
Now there is nothing wrong with that in this sense: if you want to not give any school even one glimmer of hope that they might have a chance to beat you next year--then you go that route.
Off the field Dan Hooks is a very nice guy...It's just a philosophy that unfortunately works to embarass your yearly opposition and try to keep the upperhand--it's mostly still employed by the Ole Timers nearing retirement.

My post was silly when you are the one making absurd comments (as usual) about WO-S.

"I got scanty reports on the game(OF)...As I understand it, it was 14-6 on into the third quarter.. Hopefully you will be looking ahead to the Barbers Hill game for the Division I Bi-District, when you play Bridge City.
I understand that Hooks had to keep his hosses in the game to get the score up for the "Polls-sake", towards the end."

As you stated above you got reports and understood those reports to indicate Hooks kept his starters in to run up the score for the polls. Now that is just hilarious.

Keep the comedy coming OC.