PDA

View Full Version : WO-S at Orangefield 2 p.m.

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Updates later...

chaingang
10-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey is the game on the net?

wos fan1
10-29-2005, 10:09 AM
kogt.com maybe

chaingang
10-29-2005, 10:15 AM
I cant figure out how to get the stream. For some reason my comp doesnt let me when I click on listen to KOGT sports.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
This is going to be a blowout.....I think probably 55-0. Hooks will try to beat Orangefield as badly as he can.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
This is going to be a blowout.....I think probably 55-0. Hooks will try to beat Orangefield as badly as he can.

Why do you think that? There is no reason for Hooks to do that to them. He knows they cant hang. If it does happen, it will be because OField lets them. I dont see hooks even Calling in the dogs much less call them off.

Bobkat
10-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Orangefield returns the opening kickoff 108 yards for touchdown...7-0 with 11:58 left in the 1st qtr.

bccards
10-29-2005, 10:33 AM
KOGT is not going to do broadcast the game live, but will have updates throughout the afternoon of all the scores.. They will broadcast the BC/WOS game next week though.

Bobkat
10-29-2005, 10:33 AM
yeah...we can't hang!!!

chaingang
10-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Bobkat
Orangefield returns the opening kickoff 108 yards for touchdown...7-0 with 11:58 left in the 1st qtr.

Nice try,

#1 the game hasnt started
#2 We havent been able to kick the ball in the endzone since I played:D

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
Why do you think that? There is no reason for Hooks to do that to them. He knows they cant hang. If it does happen, it will be because OField lets them. I dont see hooks even Calling in the dogs much less call them off.

Its a rival team for WOS. I have been keeping up with SE Texas football for over 20 years. I have never seen Dan Hooks lay off of an opponent when he has them down. It is widely known that Hooks will beat a lesser team as badly as he possibly can. He doesn't sub in when he has them down by 40, he will still be passing away. Maybe he is getting more mature about this issue as he gets older and starting to lay off once he has a team pretty much destroyed, but WOS fans love when he does it, so why should he stop.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Its a rival team for WOS. I have been keeping up with SE Texas football for over 20 years. I have never seen Dan Hooks lay off of an opponent when he has them down. It is widely known that Hooks will beat a lesser team as badly as he possibly can. He doesn't sub in when he has them down by 40, he will still be passing away. Maybe he is getting more mature about this issue as he gets older and starting to lay off once he has a team pretty much destroyed, but WOS fans love when he does it, so why should he stop.

Well, I understand you have followed SETX football but I PLAYED under him for three years. There are only a few teams he likes to embarass and OF is NOT one of them. How do you see OField being a rival team? The first time we ever played them was last year.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Well, I understand you have followed SETX football but I PLAYED under him for three years. There are only a few teams he likes to embarass and OF is NOT one of them. How do you see OField being a rival team? The first time we ever played them was last year.

I am glad you played I did to, but I thank you for proving my point with your own comment. You said he only likes to embarrass a few teams. The translation is that he goes out of his way to run up the score. You said it not me. Those are school kids out there trying to do their best and he shouldn't be trying to embarrass any school. It is one thing to beat a team sternly, but it is another to go out there and just try to embarrass alot of 16-18 year olds. So what good does that do? Thanks for backing me up on this one. Like I said, Dan Hooks if he can do it is going to run up the score on these kids.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 11:08 AM
No, dont take my words out of context. There are some teams that run their mouth and play dirty including their players. If you have followed SETX then you know who they are, most are Mid-County teams. THERE IS NO REASON TO DO THIS TO ORANGEFIELD! Now, another school in that district is another story;)

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:18 AM
No, dont take my words out of context. There are some teams that run their mouth and play dirty including their players. If you have followed SETX then you know who they are, most are Mid-County teams. THERE IS NO REASON TO DO THIS TO ORANGEFIELD! Now, another school in that district is another story;)

I didn't take your words out of context. You said that he only likes to embarrass a few teams. If he is beating a team that badly where he is to the point where he is just flat embarrassing them that is wrong. Think about what you are saying, if he has a team so weak that he is not just beating them, but embarrassing them I can garuantee you they are not so called playing dirty, they are just trying to weather the wrath. So with the knowledge you have maybe you would like to inform everybody of the teams that WOS likes to embarrass. I am sure there are alot of folks in and around SE Texas that would like to know these teams that are out there playing so dirty that Dan Hooks must embarrass their school. This will be interesting.

GS#17
10-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Paratrooper, grow up, please.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Paratrooper, grow up, please.

Nice reply, but I don't need you to become the thread police......thanks. It was Chaingang who clearly stated and backed up my statement that WOS indeeds runs up the score on weak teams. Maybe the strong glare from your badge you missed what he said.

bulldogbark
10-29-2005, 11:29 AM
we were nice to WO-S so they didnt run the score up on us:) :) :) :) :) Darn them heathen STANGS:cool:

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Not really talking about schools that are strong like Jasper. Jasper year in and year out have good teams. However, if Jasper had a really weak year you can believe the phrase taking a knee would never be in the playbook. We never played WOS when I was in school, but I have seen this over and over again. Watch and see today if Hooks doesnt try and beat Orangefield as badly as he can.

GS#17
10-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Nice sarcasm.... Look, if you want to be an antagonist, go right on ahead. I'm sure you're real good at it.

I've been around enough to know what is going on, also. When we played BC in my senior year, we beat them 35-0. It was 28-0 at half, and you guys whined to the media about us running the score up. Almost 20 years later, you're still whining about nothing. You're setting a bad precedent for a nice community -- I'm starting to think BC fans aren't happy unless they can show everyone how pious they are.

As for "embarrassing" teams, I'm not so sure that equates to running the score up. I know, for a fact, WOS went out of their way to embarrass Mauriceville in 97 -- they beat them 15-3 by simply running the ball down their throat all night long and humiliating their highly touted run defense. Additionally, WOS has a history of knealing the ball and playing subs, but you refuse to see that for whatever reason.

Try to take the blinders off and have fun -- this is an enjoyable game, and you're missing out.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Nice reply, but I don't need you to become the thread police......thanks. It was Chaingang who clearly stated and backed up my statement that WOS indeeds runs up the score on weak teams. Maybe the strong glare from your badge you missed what he said.

Hey, if you can read, where did I say we like to embarass WEAK teams?

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:45 AM
There are only a few teams he likes to embarass

Nuff said

GS#17
10-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Excellent debating skills! You have absolutely no point, but can use something that is mere chatter to somehow indicate you are saying something. Way to go!!!

Now, when you get to the point where you actually have something to say and can back it up with something other than mere allegation or mindless babble, come back to this thread. Until then, find something else to whine about.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Nuff said

No, not really. Where did I say WEAK? This shows once again my point of some fan trying to start crap.:rolleyes:

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 11:56 AM
No, not really. Where did I say WEAK? This shows once again my point of some fan trying to start crap.:rolleyes:

Lets use a little of the brain housing group here. A team that you would be embarrassing = a weak team. To clearly state that Hooks only likes to embarrass a few teams = he runs up the score. My point of what your not clueing in on is that there is never a need to do this in a high school game. That is maturity and good sportsmanship. You wanted me to show you where you said it and I did.

Like I said.....we will end it.......nuff said.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Lets use a little of the brain housing group here. A team that you would be embarrassing = a weak team. To clearly state that Hooks only likes to embarrass a few teams = he runs up the score. My point of what your not clueing in on is that there is never a need to do this in a high school game. That is maturity and good sportsmanship. You wanted me to show you where you said it and I did.

Like I said.....we will end it.......nuff said.

Ok, where did I say a weak team is the only team that can be embarrased?:thinking:

GS#17
10-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure when anyone other than Coach Hooks became the expert on what Coach Hooks likes to do or doesn't like to do. The more I read this thread, the more one thing is obviously clear: Perception is a beautiful thing. Anybody can look at anything and paint it however he wants.

How about we all take a step back and just agree to disagree here. I seriously doubt anyone's perception is going to change, this issue is getting out of hand, and I don't really know what any of it has to do with the WOS-OF game this afternoon.

chaingang
10-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh and stop saying "nuff said" because you havent said anything justifying you comments.

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by GS#17

How about we all take a step back and just agree to disagree here.

I can go with that.......however, it's been fun.....
oh and chaingang.....nuff said:D

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 04:01 PM

Man, I think I may have to go cook myself some crow here in a little bit. It appears OF is playing their hearts out over there. I still think WOS wins, but they are only up 2 TD's in the 3rd. This still isn't over by a long shot.