PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead!

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 09:32 AM
How important is YOUR last game of the season?

For Greenwood, it is HUGE! For one thing, it's an intense rivalry game between Greenwood and Monahans and seems to get more intense every year. The second thing, if Greenwood should win we get a share of the District title and first seed I believe, since we would have beat them head to head. If not, we are the second seed.

All this past week a couple of us "moms" have been planning for next week. As a matter of fact, I sat with one such mom last night. She wears her ribbon upside down til the game starts and is supposed to flip it over....we laugh because she often forgets. Anyway, she was so proud of herself because she remembered to flip it this game. I looked at her ribbon and just died laughing........she was wearing the Lobo ribbon for next week instead of the Tors ribbon!! She really WAS looking ahead.

Just had to share that funny story.:D

What other districts have come down to the wire??

GreenMonster
10-29-2005, 09:47 AM
District 5 has a log jam at the top with 3 teams tied with identical 2-1 records. Both winners of next weeks' games are in. The losers will use head to head to determine who plays and who sits it out. :(

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
District 5 has a log jam at the top with 3 teams tied with identical 2-1 records. Both winners of next weeks' games are in. The losers will use head to head to determine who plays and who sits it out. :(

What teams are 2-1 and who plays who?

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2005, 10:26 AM
our 4 bottom teams can still make it i believe.... so the last week is very important

big daddy russ
10-29-2005, 04:07 PM
If Ingleside wins, they're in. If they lose, anything can happen.

Pmoney
10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
ours was very important we won at least a share of the district title and we are going into the playoffs w/ a HUGE win

Paratrooper
10-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't think as far as a game that it will determine the playoff fate, but what should be one of the best matchups in the state is West Orange Stark vs Bridge City this next week