PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on cuero

bd62
10-29-2005, 08:25 AM
i have seen most of the yoakum cuero games since i moved to yoakum in early 70's. yoakum is usually pretty competitive with cuero and has won probably 5 times in last 16 yrs. other years its been down to wire. this year you could see the big edge in talent that i had told old green and other cuero folks was coming.i love to go to the freshman and jv games against dist. foes to see what teams have coming up.i saw 2 yrs. ago what cuero had coming when i saw there freshman play yoakum.yoakum is down but they will be back to the level they have had in past in about 3 yrs. in my opinion.
here is my 5 cents worth on cuero.#5 is a special player. very impressed with arm strength and accurate passing. makes quick and good decision.has quick feet. gets out of touble very well.
#6 and #19 have good speed and hands.#36 is a horse as a blockler,reciever, and one hell of a defensive player.#23 is a tough runner with good speed. good to see #21 back.when i saw him play 2 yrs. ago all i could say is wow only a sophmore. does not look to be at top speed yet but after what he has been thru its great to see him back.such a great kid and hard worker to even get back .
cuero is very blessed to have such a fine man as mark reeves as there coach. class man and his teams show that class. i see coach reeve at different sporting events and have allways enjoyed talking to him about football.
i think cuero will be tough to beat this year. three teams we played this year would be a great game to watch against cuero.. west columbia,giddings, and bellville. they are pretty damn good too.

KingRob
10-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks bd62. Being over here, I don't get to see much, so any news is good news. Sounds like the Gobblers are playing better and better. Let's hope it continues into the playoffs. Great group of Seniors playing right now, and a great coaching staff can't hurt. You're also right about Yoakum being back in the next couple of years. I remember growing up how much that Cuero-Yoakum game meant to a lot of people. Let's go Cuero!