PDA

View Full Version : Sinton/Ingleside Stats

piratebg
10-29-2005, 05:01 AM
These are the stats according to the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

Ingleside Sinton
First down 15 18
Rushes-Yards 24-98 31-210
Passes 16-28-1 14-22-0
Yards Passing 232 161
Punts-Avg 4-24 3-37
Fumbles-Lost 1-1 0-0
Penalties 8-75 16-110

The fact the Ingleside out threw the Pirates does not shock me, but the fact that Sinton out rushed Ingleside is amazing. QB Daniel Ramirez ended the night with 161 yards passing and 98 rushing to the lead the Pirates offensively. The Pirates did not have any turnovers, but committing 16 penalties for 110 yards is something most coaches frown upon. They have two weeks to get this out of their system. Keeps your heads high Mustangs and good luck next week.

sinton66
10-29-2005, 09:09 AM
I figured as much on the penalties. I told my wife leaving the game last night that Sinton had over 100 yards in penalties. Half of this was on illegal procedure calls. There were at least ten of those. When the teams were on the west end, it appeared Ingleside line was jumping and drawing our kids into movement. Some of it was the defense stunting. When the teams were on the east end, I couldn't see any movement, but obviously the refs were seeing something. All those penalties made for a long game.

AP Panther Fan
10-29-2005, 10:31 AM
It was a great game and I enjoyed seeing all of the folks from Sinton and Ingleside. P4S....thanks again for the tickets...the only thing that could have made those seats any better would have been padding.:D

A hard fought game by both teams! One would score and then the other would immediately answer back. The first three quarters were neck and neck, but then the fourth belonged to the Pirates. They really stepped it up defensively...the blocked punt picked up by a Pirate and run in was the turning point.

As I suspected, both teams looked entirely different than they did 2 and 3 weeks ago. Sinton worked on their running game...no long bombs to Burk. Ingleside took it to the air very effectively. What a great effort by both teams...congratulations!:)

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2005, 10:34 AM
well i am happy that we finally got to run the ball... seeing Castillo in teh backfield and actually get the ball was refreshing :)

sinfan75
10-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I wonder with a bye week if Sinton can change their offense to where it's more running involved. Like not too long ago? Can't hurt.

Sinton Pirate#2
10-29-2005, 12:11 PM
last night was the most exciting pirate football game i had been to since probably the state game against everman...ingleside played us awesome...they knew all our strengths and weaknesses and used them against us...they took away the long pass to burke by putting their 2 fastest guys on him...it appears the ingleside coaches had prepared mighty good for this game...the players played with a lot of heart and passion and showed me that they are going to be a force to reckon upon next year in this district as they are pretty much losing only about 4 starters both ways...i just wanted to congratulate the ingleside players and coaches on an awesome game last night and say good luck to yall for the rest of the season...

99IHSMustang
10-29-2005, 12:24 PM
The stats look good for both teams as I expcted... minus the penalty yards that Sinton had. I am pretty sure Ingleside fans and as well as me appreciate the respect we have now seemed to have earned. Even though Ingleside did not win they put up a fight. They are a team of young athletes that will take this experience and bring it to a new level next season regardless if they make the playoffs or not. I am proud of the Mustangs :clap:

big daddy russ
10-29-2005, 03:59 PM
It looks like you guys got that ground game going. 200+ yards on the turf is a nice day, especially when you get 150+ yards through the air.

Good luck in the playoffs, Sinton. We'll be rooting for you the whole way through.

Leopards,class of 75
10-30-2005, 10:42 AM
What was the final score of the game? It must have been a really good game.

Sinton Pirate#2
10-30-2005, 10:46 AM
50-35...but ingleside had the lead until like 7 minutes to play...but then sinton's offense started to get on fire...and special teams and the defense came alive...what killed ingleside was the blocked punt for a TD and the screen thrown right to zach for a INT TD

GOFOR2
10-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
well i am happy that we finally got to run the ball... seeing Castillo in teh backfield and actually get the ball was refreshing :)

well i am sure that the coaching staff is happy that you are happy.

Fish's mom
10-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Even though we lost I am can honestly say that was the best game I've seen played in the 2 years my son has played for Ingleside. And I want to Thank you to the Sinton posters for their friendliness and their great comments. Good Luck in the playoffs Sinton and may we be joining Div 2 in the playoffs, it all comes down to this final week. Wish us luck. And watch for us next year HAHAH;)

District303aPastPlayer
10-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
well i am sure that the coaching staff is happy that you are happy.
im sure you could care less how i feel, and i feel the same about you :D

AJ_2005
10-31-2005, 01:13 AM
sinton didn't take ingleside serious and it resulted in 35 points against them...those mistakes can cost you the game...they still come out on top...good job pirates you got the bye week to rest up and be ready for the playoffs

anonymous
10-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Ingleside won this game on the field just not on the scoreboard. Special teams cost them the game. Sinton had a blocked point for a TD, a fake punt to the Ingleside 2 yd line. They recovered a fumbled kickoff at the Ingleside 15. Seveeral long kickoff returns etc. Here are the official stats taken from game film.

Ingleside Sinton
First Downs 16 16
Rushing 24-110, 31-207
Passing 16-29 274, 14-22 145
Total Yards 384, 351
Turnovers 3,0

Sinton scored three touchdowns off of turnovers(2 were returned for scores). Ingleside simply made the mistakes that cost them the game but there is no question who that Ingleside outplayed Sinton. How about that Sinton defense or the Sophomore QB who took the spotlight away from Ramirez. Great job Mustangs. If Sinton is # 6 then we are a top 10 team.

IHStangFan
10-31-2005, 10:52 AM
was a great game all the way!! I sat at my girlfriend's office and listened to it on Friday night via webcast. Ingleside had it won until the middle of the 4th. GREAT game by both teams.

99IHSMustang
10-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Ingleside played a great game indeed. The mistakes they made though did cost them the game. I honestly believed they had it won until they gave up the blocked punt.

Sinton94
10-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by anonymous
Ingleside won this game on the field just not on the scoreboard. Special teams cost them the game. Sinton had a blocked point for a TD, a fake punt to the Ingleside 2 yd line. They recovered a fumbled kickoff at the Ingleside 15. Seveeral long kickoff returns etc. Here are the official stats taken from game film.

Ingleside Sinton
First Downs 16 16
Rushing 24-110, 31-207
Total Yards 384, 351
Turnovers 3,0

Sinton scored three touchdowns off of turnovers(2 were returned for scores). Ingleside simply made the mistakes that cost them the game but there is no question who that Ingleside outplayed Sinton. How about that Sinton defense or the Sophomore QB who took the spotlight away from Ramirez. Great job Mustangs. If Sinton is # 6 then we are a top 10 team.

Don't come on here with your one time post blowing smoke! Ingleside QB and rcv. (32) played great no doubt....but took the spotlight away from Ramirez???????????? He ran the ball down Ingleside's throat and when it counted most! last time I checked defense and special teams were very much a part of the game and Sinton dominated the fourth quarter in every aspect when it counted most. Yeah Sinton was challenged.......and once again lived up to the challenge! In the end the score is all that matters despite all the stats! Ingleside will have the opportunity to prove if it's a top ten team or not in the play-off's........if they make the play-offs! Ingleside played a great game against Sinton just like every other team that plays Sinton and should be congratulated! Every team seems to judge their season by how it does against Sinton and that is a compliment to Sinton!

SINTON congratulations on winning district for the fifth straight year! Nobody every said it would be easy. Everyone is gunning for you and you prove to be champions every time you step on the field. District is in the bag! GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAY-OFFS! :clap:

pirate4state
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM

Ingleside Sinton
First Downs 16 16
Rushing 24-110, 31-207
Total Yards 384, 351
Turnovers 3,0

:clap: Nice first post!! Sinton94 said all that needed to be said in response! :thumbsup:

SINTON81
10-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Don't come on here with your one time post blowing smoke! Ingleside QB and rcv. (32) played great no doubt....but took the spotlight away from Ramirez???????????? He ran the ball down Ingleside's throat and when it counted most! last time I checked defense and special teams were very much a part of the game and Sinton dominated the fourth quarter in every aspect when it counted most. Yeah Sinton was challenged.......and once again lived up to the challenge! In the end the score is all that matters despite all the stats! Ingleside will have the opportunity to prove if it's a top ten team or not in the play-off's........if they make the play-offs! Ingleside played a great game against Sinton just like every other team that plays Sinton and should be congratulated! Every team seems to judge their season by how it does against Sinton and that is a compliment to Sinton!

SINTON congratulations on winning district for the fifth straight year! Nobody every said it would be easy. Everyone is gunning for you and you prove to be champions every time you step on the field. District is in the bag! GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAY-OFFS! :clap:

Good one Sinton 94.:clap: :clap:

Sinton94
10-31-2005, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by anonymous
[B] Here are the official stats taken from game film.

If I was Ingleside coach anonymous I'd be studying Goliad film and not "Here are the official stats taken from game film".:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2005, 04:00 PM
hmm Beeville,Goliad,AP,Mathis they were all tied at one point in the Second half with Sinton and they all just made the pirates put in another gear and put the game away. Pirates have not been playing a full 4 QRT with the intensity they show when they are being challenge late in a game. Maybe thats just the way it is, but maybe they can peak at the right time in the playoffs. Great Job Pirates and Coaching Staff for another District Championship and an unbeaten Regular Season
:clap: :clap:

Hannibal
10-31-2005, 04:55 PM

Ingleside Sinton
First Downs 16 16
Rushing 24-110, 31-207
Total Yards 384, 351
Turnovers 3,0

Are you serious?? That has to be the most over the top statement I have heard in a long time. Yes, Ingleside is better than a lot of people give them credit for, but a top 10 team?? Dream on buddy boy. I was at the game and if Ramirez had pitched the ball on the option instead of holding it most of the time, Sinton would have put up even bigger numbers on the ground. Also, if not for two long passes and a blown assignment against Ingleside's option, Ingleside doesn't score 35. Oh yeah, and Ingleside lost to AP.

99IHSMustang
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Are you serious?? That has to be the most over the top statement I have heard in a long time. Yes, Ingleside is better than a lot of people give them credit for, but a top 10 team?? Dream on buddy boy. I was at the game and if Ramirez had pitched the ball on the option instead of holding it most of the time, Sinton would have put up even bigger numbers on the ground. Also, if not for two long passes and a blown assignment against Ingleside's option, Ingleside doesn't score 35. Oh yeah, and Ingleside lost to AP.

Here it comes... Now the team is going to get thrashed because someone makes an assumption that no one agrees with. So what if Ingleside lost to AP... they played better then we did that night. :rolleyes:

Ranger354
10-31-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't see anything mentioning all the penalties that Sinton had. I was listening to it on the radio and could have made better calls. There were how many? 14 - 15? Hard to win any game with that much negative yardage.

But Sinton did win. And that is all that counts. Also, I didn't hear of anyone getting hurt on either team, so that is another plus.

GOFOR2
10-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
im sure you could care less how i feel, and i feel the same about you :D

what exactly is your problem?
you're the one who is constantly dogging your home team.