PDA

View Full Version : 30-3A Standings...

big daddy russ
10-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Surprise, surpise, Sinton won the district title. But after that the playoff picture's about as clear as mud.

Rank, Team, This week's result, Dist. Record, Overall
1. yz-Sinton (beat Ingleside 50-35) 4-0, 9-0
2. y-Goliad (beat Mathis 25-24) 2-1, 4-4
3. Aransas Pass (bye) 1-2, 3-5
3. Ingleside (lost to Sinton 35-50) 1-2, 4-4
5. Mathis (lost to Goliad 24-25) 0-3, 4-4

y-Clinched playoff berth
z-Clinched District title

Next Week:
AP @ Mathis 7:30 Fri
Goliad @ Ingleside 7:30 Fri

Alright, I don't know if the district still does positive points as the second tiebreaker, but if not let me know.
Goliad's in. Period. I've redone all my thinking and can't find a way for them to miss out.
If Ingleside and AP win, there would be a three-way tie for second place at 2-2, but Goliad goes in as #2 and Ingleside goes in as #3.
Goliad beat Aransas 31-7. If I remember correctly, the most points you can get from a game is 18, so that would give the Tigers 18 positive points going into the Ingleside game. (If that's wrong, let me know) At the very least, the Tigers come out even.
The only way AP gets in is if the Panthers win and Ingleside loses.
If both teams win, AP is out. The Panthers have 2 positive points vs. Ingleside (they won 29-27) and 18 negative points vs. Goliad for a total of -16. The lowest total Ingleside could have with a win would be -1, the lowest total for Goliad (even with a blowout at the hands of Ingleside) would be zero.
If both Ingleside and AP lose, then Ingleside clinches. Both would be tied with Mathis at 1-3, but Ingleside blew out Mathis (18 positive points) and barely lost to AP (2 negative points). The Mustangs wind up with a total of +16.

**OK, I overthought the whole thing. Mathis IS out. They already have -18 points from the Ingleside game, the most they could wind up with is 0 if they blow out AP. IHS already has that +16... if both Ingleside and AP lose then Ingleside does clinch.

Last Week's Standings (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=407153#post407153)

99IHSMustang
10-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Surprise, surpise, Sinton won the district title. But after that the playoff picture's about as clear as mud.

Rank, Team, This week's result, Dist. Record, Overall
1. yz-Sinton (beat Ingleside 50-35) 4-0, 9-0
2. y-Goliad (beat Mathis 25-24) 2-1, 4-4
3. Aransas Pass (bye) 1-2, 3-5
3. Ingleside (lost to Sinton 35-50) 1-2, 4-4
5. Mathis (lost to Goliad 24-25) 0-3, 4-4

y-Clinched playoff berth
z-Clinched District title

Next Week:
AP @ Mathis 7:30 Fri
Goliad @ Ingleside 7:30 Fri

Alright, I don't know if the district still does positive points as the second tiebreaker, but if not let me know.
Goliad's in. Period. I've redone all my thinking and can't find a way for them to miss out.
If Ingleside and AP win, there would be a three-way tie for second place at 2-2.
Goliad beat Aransas 31-7. If I remember correctly, the most points you can get from a game is 18, so that would give the Tigers 18 positive points going into the Ingleside game. (If that's wrong, let me know) At the very least, the Tigers come out even.
If The Panthers win and Ingleside loses, then AP is in.
If both teams win, AP is out. The Panthers have 2 positive points vs. Ingleside (they won 29-27) and 18 negative points vs. Goliad for a total of -16. The lowest total Ingleside could have with a win would be -1, the lowest total for Goliad (even with a blowout at the hands of Ingleside) would be zero.
If both Ingleside and AP lose, then Ingleside clinches. Both would be tied with Mathis at 1-3, but Ingleside blew out Mathis (18 positive points) and barely lost to AP (2 negative points). The Mustangs wind up with a total of +16. Mathis would have to beat AP by at least 10 points for any chance at the postseason. If they win by 10, Mathis and AP both wind up with 8 negative points. Mathis clinches with an 11-point victory.

Last Week's Standings (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=407153#post407153)

Wow that is impressive Russ.. I think your logic might be right

big daddy russ
10-29-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Wow that is impressive Russ.. I think your logic might be right
I had to redo it all, Iz. I figured out that AP has to win and look for an Ingleside loss to make it in and I accidentally put that Mathis has a chance.

99IHSMustang
10-29-2005, 01:47 AM
These are some crazy ways to end the up making it to the playoffs that's for sure. :eek:

pirate4state
10-29-2005, 11:21 AM
:eek: what a mess!!! Good job Russ!! :thumbsup:

big daddy russ
10-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Alright guys, just realized Mathis still has an outside shot. I've been thinking over this crazy thing all day and came to this epiphany:

-Mathis must beat AP.
-Ingleside must lose to Goliad.
-If Mathis wins by 16 or more and Ingleside loses, the Pirates make it.
-If not, Mathis must win by at least 10 to have a shot. That ties them up with AP in the positive points system. If this happens, Ingleside would also have to lose by at least 6. If Mathis wins by exactly 10 and Ingleside loses by exactly 6 then all three teams finish with -8 points. We then go to the third tiebreaker, the coaches compete against one another in a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos.
-OK, not really. I have no freaking clue what the third tiebreaker is. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been implemented since the Van Buren administration. But we all know what happened to Coach Alexander Hamilton in his tiebreaker with Coach Aaron Burr.

**ANOTHER UPDATE (I MESSED UP AGAIN)**

Originally posted by Buccaneer
If Ingleside loses to Goliad it will not matter by the amount! Those points won't count in a three way tie between AP, Mathis, and Ingleside! Only head to head between the 3 teams tied!

-Guys, I overthought everything... Buc is right (see below). I was figuring Goliad into a three-way tie between Ingleside, AP and Mathis. Mathis CANNOT make the playoffs. If AP and Ingleside lose, Ingleside clinches. I was right the first go round.

Buccaneer
10-29-2005, 05:01 PM
If Ingleside loses to Goliad it will not matter by the amount! Those points won't count in a three way tie between AP, Mathis, and Ingleside! Only head to head between the 3 teams tied!

AP Panther Fan
10-29-2005, 05:21 PM
We then go to the third tiebreaker, the coaches compete against one another in a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos.

LOL....I like our chances better on this one! :D I think Coach Larsen might be a "boardgame" kinda guy.

Sounds like Ingleside would like for us to keep it close against Mathis next week....I don't know, I think I am going to have to print this thread and study it all week.....talk about confusing...but nice work Russ!;)

99IHSMustang
10-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Alright guys, just realized Mathis still has an outside shot. I've been thinking over this crazy thing all day and came to this epiphany:

-Mathis must beat AP.
-Ingleside must lose to Goliad.
-If Mathis wins by 16 or more and Ingleside loses, the Pirates make it.
-If not, Mathis must win by at least 10 to have a shot. That ties them up with AP in the positive points system. If this happens, Ingleside would also have to lose by at least 6. If Mathis wins by exactly 10 and Ingleside loses by exactly 6 then all three teams finish with -8 points. We then go to the third tiebreaker, the coaches compete against one another in a game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos.
-OK, not really. I have no freaking clue what the third tiebreaker is. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been implemented since the Van Buren administration. But we all know what happened to Coach Alexander Hamilton in his tiebreaker with Coach Aaron Burr.

-Basically, Mathis is in if Ingleside loses and they win by 16 or more.

Dang Russ... stop coming up with new possibilities it is confusing the heck out of me... :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
10-30-2005, 02:29 AM
ummm... burrito?

bjrod9
10-30-2005, 11:57 AM
So pretty much.. Sinton will play Hondo in first round..
Does Sinton Have the biggest enrollment in district?

big daddy russ
10-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by bjrod9
So pretty much.. Sinton will play Hondo in first round..
Does Sinton Have the biggest enrollment in district? Yes sir. Sinton has something like 10 more kids than Ingleside.

District303aPastPlayer
10-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Yes sir. Sinton has something like 10 more kids than Ingleside.

how about they have 6.5 more :)

SINTON81
10-31-2005, 09:03 AM

**OK, I overthought the whole thing. Mathis IS out. They already have -18 points from the Ingleside game, the most they could wind up with is 0 if they blow out AP. IHS already has that +16... if both Ingleside and AP lose then Ingleside does clinch.

O.K. wait a minute, Is Matins out before or after the six pack of bud light.:D :D

big daddy russ
10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
O.K. wait a minute, Is Matins out before or after the six pack of bud light.:D :D
It was Shiner, and before.:D