PDA

View Full Version : Who will go D1 in 3-3a

jmcgee
10-29-2005, 12:54 AM
who will go D1 in that district does anyone know yet.

piratebg
10-29-2005, 12:55 AM
the bigger school

Ranger Mom
Seminole

Snyder_TigerFan
Originally posted by piratebg
the bigger school :D

jmcgee
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
:D OK Smart A$$

jmcgee
10-29-2005, 01:15 AM
RM clean your mailbox so i can send a reply

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
RM clean your mailbox so i can send a reply

Sorry about that! It's nice and clean now!

panther power
10-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Seminole will play Wylie, yikes!

Greenwood and sweetwater- good one.

Monahans and Snyder- has to be the game of the week!!!!!

Is 3-3A gonna get a 4-3A team....????

wildstangs
10-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by panther power
Seminole will play Wylie, yikes!

Greenwood and sweetwater- good one.

Monahans and Snyder- has to be the game of the week!!!!!

Is 3-3A gonna get a 4-3A team....????

Not this year again. IF the pairings come out like that, I still think Snyder will take Monahans. I say if, because I think its probable that Greenwood will beat Monahans.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Not this year again. IF the pairings come out like that, I still think Snyder will take Monahans. I say if, because I think its probable that Greenwood will beat Monahans.

"IF" Greenwood beats Monahans, that will give Greenwood first seed and pair us up with Snyder....is that right??

wildstangs
10-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
"IF" Greenwood beats Monahans, that will give Greenwood first seed and pair us up with Snyder....is that right??

If your district uses the "head to head" tiebreaker, then yes, I believe that is correct.

wildstangs
10-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Of course if Sweetwater loses to Merkel this Friday, Snyder would be the number one Rep in small school.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
If your district uses the "head to head" tiebreaker, then yes, I believe that is correct.

That's what they use. This game doesn't have the implications that it had last season. Fort Stockton was D-1 (and open that last week, I believe) they knew they were in. Greenwood had to beat Monahans and that would give them first seed and Monahans stayed home. If Monahans won, they were second seed and Greenwood stayed home. I believe a Monahans win last year would have put Seminole in at first seed. It was CRAZY!

GWOOD
10-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Greenwood has to beat Monahans by 8 to be the #1 seed, assuming we use the points system in a 3-way tie--and I think we do.

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Greenwood has to beat Monahans by 8 to be the #1 seed, assuming we use the points system in a 3-way tie--and I think we do.

So we DO use a point system??

GWOOD
10-29-2005, 10:11 AM
So we DO use a point system??

Only in a 3-way tie. If we beat Monahans and Seminole beats Lamesa, we will all finish district at 4-1 and then we use the points system.

If we beat Monahans and the mighty Tors beat Seminole, then Greenwood & Monahans finishes tied at 4-1. A 2-way tie breaker is head-to head play. which would give Greenwood the #1 seed.

Are you confused as my wife who is watching me type this?

GWOOD
10-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Actually, let me correct this. Head-to-head is the first tie breaker. But if Greenwood beat Monahans and Seminole beats Lamesa, they all are tied at 4-1 and the head-to-head tie breaker goes into effect. However, in the head-to-head tie breaker we are all 1-1 against each other. Therefore, you go to the next tie breaker which is the points system.

chaingang
As it looks right now, in 24 3A WOS D1 Bridge City and Hamshire Fannett D2

Ranger Mom

Are you confused as my wife who is watching me type this?

Probably more so!!:p

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Actually, let me correct this. Head-to-head is the first tie breaker. But if Greenwood beat Monahans and Seminole beats Lamesa, they all are tied at 4-1 and the head-to-head tie breaker goes into effect. However, in the head-to-head tie breaker we are all 1-1 against each other. Therefore, you go to the next tie breaker which is the points system.

Now I am even more confused!!:(

Monahans, Greenwood and Seminole are all in though, no matter what......RIGHT???

GWOOD
10-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Now I am even more confused!!:(

Monahans, Greenwood and Seminole are all in though, no matter what......RIGHT???

Yes, we are all in. Here are the current standings;

Monahans 4-0
Seminole 3-1
Greenwood 3-1
Ft. Stockton 1-3
Lamesa 1-3
Pecos 0-4

No matter what happens next week, Monahans, Seminole, and Greenwood will finish 1-2-3 in some order.

GWOOD
10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Now my wife gets it. Are you in?

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks.....I think I get it too!

That will be one less thing I have to worry about this week!;)

Ranger Mom
10-29-2005, 10:31 AM
On second thought.....I don't understand the point system AT ALL.

But I don't think my brain can handle anymore stimulation today.

Because of this board I know so much more OVERALL about 3A football than my husband does.....I guess I am gonna have to admit defeat on the "point system" and ask him to explain it to me.:(

DukeNukem
10-29-2005, 08:27 PM
All of you are causing unnecessary headaches for yourselves. Monahans will continue to roll. Greenwood's offense is tough, but they will have no chance of stopping Monahans.

GWOOD
10-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
All of you are causing unnecessary headaches for yourselves. Monahans will continue to roll. Greenwood's offense is tough, but they will have no chance of stopping Monahans.

While you are probably right, I'm not willing to concede that. Therefore, here is the points system at work:

In the points system you count the number of points you win by or lose by. The maximum is 14 points. If you win by 7 you get +7 points. If you lose by 7 you get -7 points. If you win by 32, you only get +14 points or -14 points if you lose by 32.

So here is the 3-3A points scenario

Seminole 40, Greenwood 39
Seminole gets +1 point for their 1 point win, Greenwood gets -1 points

Monahans 62 Seminole 13
Monahans gets +14 points for their 49 points win because 14 is the maximum you can get or lose. Seminole gets -14 for their 49 point loss.

At present the points tiebreaker looks like this:

Monahans +14
Greenwood -1
Seminole -13 (sum of +1 for Greenwood win and -14 for Monahans loss)

For Greenwood to be the #1 seed, they have to beat Monahans by 8 points. Let's say Greenwood wins 21-13. They get +8 points and Monahans gets -8 points. Then the points tiebreaker looks like this:

Greenwood +7 (-1 for Seminole loss; +8 for monahans win)
Monahans +6 (+14 for Seminole win; -8 for Greenwood loss)
Seminole -13

OK, it's pretty complicated and doesn't matter that much when playing district 4-3A. Seminole and Abilene Wylie will play each other in D1. Greenwood and Monahans will play Snyder and Sweetwater. Who would you rather play--Snyder or Sweetwater?

Ranger Mom
10-30-2005, 11:23 AM
While you are probably right, I'm not willing to concede that.

Me neither GWOOD! When it comes to rivalry games like this, you never know WHAT is going to happen!

GO RANGERS!!!!!