PDA

View Full Version : Did vernon really

injuredinmelee
10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
beat graham?

Snyder_TigerFan
10-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Kinda funny huh? Guess we won't see "super_steer" much anymore, or whatever his name was.

Mustangpride09
10-29-2005, 01:27 AM
when we played vernon in the pre-season they were AWFUL. I mean worse than lakeview and pecos combined.

District303aPastPlayer
10-29-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
when we played vernon in the pre-season they were AWFUL. I mean worse than lakeview and pecos combined.

now THAT is funny

Mustangpride09
10-29-2005, 01:41 AM
i believe we scored 41 pts in the first half alone..... or was it 36.....

Adidas410s
10-29-2005, 08:25 AM
they werent very good against Wylie either. That being said, Z has said that since they Wylie game they have been getting better every week and have looked GREATLY improved over their early season results. I trust his analysis.

DaHop72
10-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Congrats Vernon and Z motion.

lostaussie
10-29-2005, 08:52 AM
man, ole steer fever ain't gonna be happy. lol :)

injuredinmelee
10-29-2005, 08:53 AM
man and I had Graham as the best team in the history of football the way he talked aobut them.

GreenMonster
10-29-2005, 09:38 AM
pretty shocked here in N. Texas to wake up and realize I wasn't dreaming and the Lions really did win this one. Congratulations Vernon on a big win. Four way tie for first in a 5 team district with 1 week to go, it doesn't get any better than this. The worst thing about this scenario is that evidently this district has 4 playoff worthy teams and one will have to sit it out at home. Hope it ain't us. :D

VWG
10-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Good win for the Lions.
This district, as many of us have said several weeks ago, will come down to the last week.
I think Vernon can handle Breckenridge, since Vernon will be on their home turf and playing for a playoff spot.
This game will be won in the trenches. Both Breck and Vernon like to run out of the wing-T, so look for whoever beats each other up on the o-line and d-line to take this game.
IP and Graham should be a good battle. Graham let Vernon have two scores on very short fields after a fumble and intereception.
IP let Hirschi run and scramble on them for 25 pts. when everybody else in the district held them to 6 pts. or less.
I give the home teams the edge, and I think the Hawks can beat Graham.
If both Graham and Breck lose... who goes to the playoffs for the third spot? Graham beat Breckenridge, but Breckenridge beat Iowa Park. Does it go to a points system on both games for Graham and Breckenridge?

GreenMonster
10-29-2005, 07:55 PM
VWG, here is what the gossip is on this situstion. Winners of next Friday's games are in. After that the losers of next Friday's games will use how they did against each other head to head to determine who goes and who heads for the gym.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Mustangpride09 since you don't know let me 'splain something for you.

Vernon is young. Very young this year and when they scrimmaged Sweetwater (This was NOT a game by the way) it was the first time that their new QB's (They switched two of them in and out) had ever played varsity. They were lost at that time. In addition Vernon switched to using the I and the line did not do well as it was new to them. Same with teh defense. Went back to the 5-2 from a 4-3. There were reasons why they looked AWFUL.

With that said, they have gotten better each week with a slip up against a fired up and back against the wall rival in Iowa Park. I can assure you that the Lions are a decent football team and by no means AWFUL.

District 5 doesn't have a state ranked team but believe me -- IP, Vernon, Breck or Graham could sneak up on any of the Big 3 in district 4.

Don't discount district 5 as weak. We have 4 quality football teams.

GreenMonster
10-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Don't discount district 5 as weak. We have 4 quality football teams.

Amen to that Z. Too bad one of them will be sitting at home in 2 weeks.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Go IOWA PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VWG
10-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
VWG, here is what the gossip is on this situstion. Winners of next Friday's games are in. After that the losers of next Friday's games will use how they did against each other head to head to determine who goes and who heads for the gym.

If that's the case then I see Graham, Iowa Park, and Vernon in the playoffs. I am calling for the home teams to win Friday night.
Man.... I bet Vernon is praying for Graham to make the playoffs so they don't have to go D-1.

RMAC
10-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Kinda funny huh? Guess we won't see "super_steer" much anymore, or whatever his name was.

Hey man, steer fever is the one that gets on here and does all the talking. Super Steer 3 is one of my good friends and quite possibly the most humble guy I know. Lay off. He's the one that said it would be a good game on Friday night against Vernon and that's what we got.

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Hey man, steer fever is the one that gets on here and does all the talking. Super Steer 3 is one of my good friends and quite possibly the most humble guy I know. Lay off. He's the one that said it would be a good game on Friday night against Vernon and that's what we got.

RMAC, you home yet???

RMAC
10-30-2005, 07:36 PM
yeah, got back today around 3

Super Steer 3
10-30-2005, 08:11 PM

Thanks RMAC, I never said we would win, just that we should have, which is true. We didnt play as well as we should have but we will be ready for the Hawks next week.

tyson105
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Super Steer is right, he was not boasting about a sure win, but stated that it should be a good game for the Steers. He is also definately right in saying that it will not be the same Graham team that steps on the field Friday against the Hawks.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-30-2005, 11:11 PM

Sorry Super Steer 3, I was referring to SteerFever. I was just going off of the top of my head, should have checked first.