PDA

View Full Version : Liberty mourns a tragic loss.....

AggieJohn
10-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Sad news to report to you tonight…

I just learned that long-time Liberty resident John “Vick” Vickery died earlier today. While I don’t know for sure, friends and family members have said they believe his untimely and early death was due to complications after having open heart surgery earlier this week.

Residents of Liberty, LHS football fans, and especially Liberty High School students and graduates will always remember Vick for his fun and kind sense of humor and reality, and for seemingly being the only one to keep the LHS lawn in teriffic shape.

My sincere condolences go out to the loved ones of John Vickery. May your headphones blair the sound of your favorite heavy metal for the rest of eternity! God bless you Vick.

Now this guy was as redneck as they come....he was mentally handicapped, but the school district took him on payroll after he graduated from LHS...he did various duties for the high school, but was most noted for being the ball boy for panther games for YEARS.....

in many ways, liberty lost its "radio" today....:(

Pmoney
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
that is sad...my prayers go to the family and friends

CheerMom
10-29-2005, 12:39 AM
My prayers are with the family and community. What a tragedy.:(

sahen
10-29-2005, 04:41 AM
wow....that is very sad, he will sorely missed in and around liberty....

pantherpop
10-29-2005, 05:56 AM
My son told me about it coming back from the game last night. We in Liberty will miss him. The kids around here always enjoyed Vick.

Hupernikomen
10-29-2005, 09:10 AM
99.9 said he had heart complication that steemed from pneumonia.

Prayers extended to his friends and family.

As they announced it last night on the radio I couldn't help but hope that all his family already knew. I didn't know the details about his life that you gave AJ. That is really neat that he has done that for so long for Liberty. Its awesome to see people like Mr. Vickery involved with our schools. The students, staff and community love them.

shellman54
10-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I remember him when we played Liberty, always full of joy and love for his Panthers, and always got a chuckle out of me. He will be missed.

Raider Nurse
10-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Our condolences go out to the community and family.

park place 45
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
The game friday is dedicated to him...and that is why liberty is going to do what it takes to win....for Vick.