PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney 24 Wharton 17

gobbler grad
10-28-2005, 11:01 PM
this was a shock, wonder what happen to the Tigers...this game was played in Wharton, I believe...

rhs78
10-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Congrats to the Bulldogs on this big win.

htowntransplant
10-28-2005, 11:17 PM
that makes 2 straight upsets against wharton. what happened to the wharton team that nearly handed cuero a loss???

Specklebelly
10-28-2005, 11:20 PM
That loss means Wharton is staying home this year for the playoffs. Columbia and Needville are in and the winner of Sweeny and Stafford next week will join them.

Necked
10-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Wharton was up 17-7 at half, but they apparently couldn't stop Sweenys ground game, as they rolled up over 250 yds rushing.
Sweeny also held Wharton to 165 total yrds. Their offense hasn't been the same since the Columbia game. I hope Logie hasn't thrown herself off the top of the stadium, she was still smoldering after last weeks loss, and this may have done her in....

ro_tex_solja
10-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
that makes 2 straight upsets against wharton. what happened to the wharton team that nearly handed cuero a loss???

their starting qb has been injured for a couple weeks now and wont be coming back...believe me it was a different wharton team when they played us...lol

wharton_tiger_bigstix
10-29-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't know what has happened to us. It feels like the Sweeny and Stafford.Sometime i pinch myself to see if this is just a dream of did this really just happen

Crow22
10-29-2005, 02:23 PM
typical Wharton...

I don't know why you're shocked...

gobbler grad
10-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
typical Wharton...

I don't know why you're shocked...

just doesn't sound like the Wharton we played earlier in the season and I didn't know the qb was injured either...:thinking: they are a pretty good team when their all healthy...

Raider Nurse
10-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Congatulations to Sweeney!!!!!!!!

LogieJoeBean001
10-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Necked
I hope Logie hasn't thrown herself off the top of the stadium, and this may have done her in....

Yeah, I'm disappointed...very...who wouldn't be when it appeared the sky was the limit at the beginning of the season. No one knows what the future holds for any of us...except for only one and He doesn't let us know His plan until it happens. It is, after all, His will, not ours and I submit myself to Him AND His will. So I'm o.k.

I still love and support my team and all the boys who make up this team, for without them there would be no Wharton Tigers. They fought the good fight and fell short. There is no shame in that. So an obstacle could not be overcome...so be it. I ACCEPT THIS with an aching heart...but accept it all the same. No bitterness...only disappointment but this too shall pass...

On to next year Tigers. Hold your heads up and continue, each and every day, to believe in yourselves. Work hard, for the love of the game....

My heart is heavy for all the Seniors who played their last game at Tiger stadium. They had a hard time leaving the field Friday night. They stayed long after the game was over and there were many tearful young men who showed just how human they are by openly and unashamedly letting go of their emotions. A part of you will ALWAYS be there on Tiger stadium field.

LogieJoeBean001
10-30-2005, 09:44 AM
[

Crow22
10-30-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm not at Rice, dear....

Necked
10-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Smoldering??? Not in the least...you have judged me wrongly, very wrongly and you don't even know me.

Seriously, Did I? From the day of the Sweeny game:

Originally posted by AJ_2005
good job stafford

Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001 08:00 AM
Stuff it!

Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001 11:17 AM
:flamingma :flamingma

Sorry, I may be wrong, but I thought maybe you were still smoldering just a little bit.

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm not at Rice, dear....

You go to Bocktoberfest this year, man?

Y'all make the playoffs? How's it been going?

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Necked

Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Smoldering??? Not in the least...you have judged me wrongly, very wrongly and you don't even know me.

Seriously, Did I? From the day of the Sweeny game:

Originally posted by AJ_2005
good job stafford

Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001 08:00 AM
Stuff it!

Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001 11:17 AM
:flamingma :flamingma

Sorry, I may be wrong, but I thought maybe you were still smoldering just a little bit.
Wow! :eek:

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
just doesn't sound like the Wharton we played earlier in the season and I didn't know the qb was injured either...:thinking: they are a pretty good team when their all healthy...

Kinda like last year when they were blown out by Yoakum in Bi-district but took Cuero down to the wire...

They're up for some and down for others...

Crow22
10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Nah, I didn't make it this year. You??

LogieJoeBean001
10-30-2005, 07:57 PM
[

LogieJoeBean001
10-30-2005, 08:02 PM
[

Gobbla2001
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Nah, I didn't make it this year. You??

Yah, made it this year... Got there at 12:00 so we had great seats... pretty good show man, really enjoyed it, though my wallet was a little sad when I woke up the next morning... he cried....

18handicap
10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
No Crow, I believe is at Needville. Looks like my tax money is going to good causes......Columbia is in the playoffs, Needville is in the playoffs, and Sweeny can be in the playoffs with a win. I guess I'm getting my money's worth!! LOL!!

LogieJoeBean001
10-30-2005, 10:05 PM
t

18handicap
10-31-2005, 06:46 AM
ttt

gato 76
11-01-2005, 08:07 AM
For starters its going to be hard for you guys to make the playoffs next year,you only have 4-4 starters coming back that means you guys are looking at 1-9,2-8,3-7 at best next year.This offseason please put in another offense,that 7-7 with pads not cutting it,you are wasting the talent that you have.You should have used #5,#2#31 in the same backfill and your record would have matched Rice Cons.at 9-0,those coaches over there know how to use the talent they have,they did not have 8/9 starters coming back like you had this year, another year where this team underachieved ,be careful what you guys wish for another person with a degree may be just around the corner

raider red 2000
11-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
For starters its going to be hard for you guys to make the playoffs next year,you only have 4-4 starters coming back that means you guys are looking at 1-9,2-8,3-7 at best next year.This offseason please put in another offense,that 7-7 with pads not cutting it,you are wasting the talent that you have.You should have used #5,#2#31 in the same backfill and your record would have matched Rice Cons.at 9-0,those coaches over there know how to use the talent they have,they did not have 8/9 starters coming back like you had this year, another year where this team underachieved ,be careful what you guys wish for another person with a degree may be just around the corner

GATO (BIG CAT),

Since you seem to know so much, apply for a job. help out those kids, since you think that the coaches in Wharton are cluless.

BU97
11-01-2005, 02:39 PM
I have a better idea, why doesn't gato come by practice this week and we'll see what he's got!

Gato, you have every right to be dissappointed in the season, but I can promise that you aren't half as hurt by this season as we are! I assume that you go to all the games, because after all you know EVERYTHING! You watch the team play all of 3 hours a week and somehow that makes you an expert. You are not in meetings or at practice, so I'll go out on a limb and say that you actually don't know squat!

It is amazing that you say that we'll only win 2 or 3 games next year when you have no idea who we are playing next year (schedule is not set). Do us all a favor, shut up and quit acting like you know something!!

gato 76
11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Big Guy,do you have an imput in the offense,if so change the offense up,like i said before you can still run the spead offense line up in the I,use a TE if you had run an offense like that the last 5yrs Wharton would have had a least 2 state championship rings,you guys have so much div 1 talent its unreal the offense you have run the last 5 yrs doesnot work.I think the question should be DO YOU care enough for those kids if so make the changes that need to be made,i would like to say something else,i think the DC did a hell of a job just wish they would not have been on the field all the time.

gato 76
11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
BU97,I can say what ever i want to say,i think the person that does not know squat is you my friend,get rid of that 7-7 in pads,as far as who you play next year nothing going to change you will underachieve AGAIN AGAINAGAIN,YOU NEED TO BE HURTING CAUSE THOSE KIDS WERE LET DOWN.

FbCoachB40
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Gato, don't praise the DC, and then talk about the other coaches like they couldn't get the job done. The last time I looked winning was a team effort. That includes all coaches, and ..... guess what. Players also. We are all disappointed here in Wharton.

mac77
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Bu97, Don't let yourself be drawn into that no win conversation with a know it all. This year, the injury to Ansley really showed how valuable he is to your team. Just remember that some people will be unhappy no matter what happens and then some folks are born stupid and others have to work hard at it! Keep up the good work there in Wharton and don't let it get ya down.

gato 76
11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mac77
[B]Bu97, Don't let yourself be drawn into that no win conversation with a know it all. This year, the injury to Ansley really showed how valuable he is to your team. Just remember that some people will be unhappy no matter what happens and then some folks are born stupid and others have to work hard at it! Keep up the good work there in Wharton and don't let it get ya dow

Mac 77,what would have happen if WC was 3-5 right now,would you be telling them keep up the good work,you people have no clue fbcoachb40 keep up the good work maybe next year 3-7

Gobbla2001
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Most-likely a fact: Wharton has the most talent in the area (3a atLEAST)...

Fact: They're not winning (as much as the should with that talent, anyway)...

Other Fact: obviously, there IS a problem...

It could be anything, players could be playing sick because of a disease that goes around during the school year... could be ANYTHING, good or bad...

But obviously there is something wrong, forgive us for wantin' to know...

giss us fans jus be too st-st-st-stupid and chouldunt be takn sursly...

LogieJoeBean001
11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Most-likely a fact: Wharton has the most talent in the area (3a atLEAST)...

Fact: They're not winning (as much as the should with that talent, anyway)...

Other Fact: obviously, there IS a problem...

It could be anything, players could be playing sick because of a disease that goes around during the school year... could be ANYTHING, good or bad...

But obviously there is something wrong, forgive us for wantin' to know...

giss us fans jus be too st-st-st-stupid and chouldunt be takn sursly...

yes...many people would like to know...

FbCoachB40
11-03-2005, 05:56 PM
many peolple would like to know what, logie Joe? If you have a question just ask. I am right down the hall from you.

BU97
11-03-2005, 05:58 PM
We won the "JV" game.

FbCoachB40
11-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I am confussed....why is JV in quotations?

OH, I get it. You are referring to Gato 76's initials.

Tell me gato, how is Brian doing?

Hey Vega, neither you nor your friend hides your identity well, huh?

gato 76
11-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Sorry coach im not him,i don't live in wharton my kids went to school in Bay City get your facts right before you go call out somebody by name on this board.

LogieJoeBean001
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
many peolple would like to know what, logie Joe? If you have a question just ask. I am right down the hall from you.

??????????????

Geez, now blasted for having questions and conerns....:thinking:

FbCoachB40
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
I didn't say anything about Brian being your kid, nor did I say he went to Wharton.

FbCoachB40
11-04-2005, 11:48 AM
no one is blasting you, logie joe. That is one of the hard things about these posts, it is hard to tell the attitude behind the poster. I just said if you have any questions, which you said you did, then just ask one of us. We are right here on the same campus as you.

gato 76
11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Everybody on this board knows what you meant.All im telling you is to be very careful usings people name on this board.

raider red 2000
11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
we all know it is hard to tell the tone in which someone is typing.

gato- i have no idea why you are so concerned with wharton or their kids.

i doubt that you are a person that wants to be a "hater" I also doubt that the wharton coaches care about your opinons.

I also doubt that they care that you cant take of your own problems (family.....wife issues) so that is why you have chosen to throw your two cents into someone else's conversation.

i also doubt that you can tell that they dont care if you tell someone to be very careful using people's names on teh board.

If a moderator tells them to be quiet then they will.

as far as i know using names in here isnt against the rules.

people do it all of the time.

LogieJoeBean001
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
it is hard to tell the attitude behind the poster.

Yes, a point I've tried to make many times on here...the written word can be very, very tricky to interpret.....

I misunderstood your intent and, in turn, do apologize.

gato 76
11-04-2005, 02:46 PM
That ok with me then names will be used

raider red 2000
11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
gato

that is real manly of you. talkin noise from behind the screen. taking shots at people that many people know who they are and you hiding.....sounds kind of childish to me.

since you know who everyone is and wanna keep bashing people what is the use of hiding.

i am sure you could send a PM or go talk to the people that need your help.

or you could keep hiding.

Ranger Mom
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Using names may not be against the "rules".....but I am against it unless you are complimenting the person. But that's just my opinion and my opinion only!

gato 76
11-04-2005, 03:08 PM
I have no personal interest in the wharton football program,you are right there,but there are alot of people that are very upset with whats going on with that team and so much talent.You guys were booed off your home field,did you not hear that.As far as the personal attacks i could care less you dont hurt me,and as far as the people who have made comments about the program have come from your own peers in the coaching field.

BU97
11-04-2005, 03:57 PM
That is totally untrue. I know who my coaching peers on here are, and they have not said anything about us to my knowledge. Other than a few WC coaches asking about the QB. I didn't hear any boos, I was actually there you know. The only person attacking anyone is you. And lets explore that. You were buddy, buddy with me all summer asking about 7 on 7 and such, THEN you decided to tell me that we ran the wrong offense after the EC game. I admit you weren't rude you were just making an observation. I wasn't rude when I said that I was not interested in what you thought. Funny that ever since then you have been on my butt! If you have no interest in our program you sure do spend alot of time talking about it!!

I don't care if you call me out by name on here, it is not like I have ever tried to hide who I am, nor have I ever not told someone what my alias was. I know who you are, you know who I am, so what, and if you don't know exactly which coach I am, PM me I tell you. See you around!

whtfbplaya
11-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Say what you mean, and mean what you say; and it helps when you know what your talking about. If you do this then what does it matter if people know who you are.

gato 76
11-04-2005, 04:33 PM
BU97,its seems the main focus on this topic was why have we not won more games when we have more talent than a lot of people in the area.I going to say one more thing and this conversation will be over.I hope you guys win tonight,but i also hope as you go into the offseason that you consider putting in something else other than just a spread offense,hey i wish you the best of luck and i hope you guys can turn it around next year,and to all the wharton fans i hope one day your kids get to play in a state championship game cause you have the talent to get there.

18handicap
11-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK! Gato is a JERK!
Ask Gato how much he bashes the Bay City coaches.