PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Div I vs Div II State Champs 1A-5A who would win?

cunbed10
01-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Let me know if you think that Div 1 would Dominate Div 2 from 1A-5A, and which classification would be the most competitive, my personal pick would be 2A Corrigan-Camden vs Rosebud-Lott this one would be a barn burner. My 5A pick would be Converse Judson, 4A would be Denton Ryan, 3A would be Everman, unless they happen to run across Div 2 state champs Marlin2003...smile 3A Downlow I'm not sure about the Div I & II 1A state champs.

Jacket2000
01-03-2003, 12:11 PM
5a-SLC
4a-Texas High
3a-Everman(this one could get ugly)
2a-good question
J2K

rholl
01-03-2003, 01:37 PM
J2K...on the 3A Everman pick.....it could get ugly because of the debate over who would win....or the score could get ugly?

Jacket2000
01-03-2003, 02:04 PM
The score.
J2K

rholl
01-03-2003, 02:05 PM
agreed

3ABirdMan
01-03-2003, 04:27 PM
And the debate would not?

rholl
01-03-2003, 04:29 PM
that debate would probably be a short one!

pakrat
01-03-2003, 08:13 PM
I am not sure that 5A Div II SLC could beat 3A Div I Everman. They had all they could do to beat Lufkin. Lufkin played in a crazy situation in district. Every team had to play each other twice due to lack of teams in the district. Lufkin lost to the same team twice but went further in the play offs. I thought Lufkin had the SLC game won but let it slip out of their hands at the last.
So for 5A, I prefer Division I over II. That's not taking anything away from Lufkin. They were the state champs last year but weren't picked to go as far as they did this year. I think SLC either didn't have a great game against Lufkin or they aren't as good as some other teams that won state.

Old Cardinal
01-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Maybe, Lufkin fits the classic example of a team that is well Coached and through the course of the year-develops! We have countless examples of teams that have gone far in the brackets one year and start out with a lot of replacements through the preseason; and then the skills just begin to mount as they progress though District play. It happens all the time, that some programs can gain momentum and again be ready to seriously contend in the bracket play. The tragedy, is the opposite, when a team has a few very skilled players that smoke everyone early-on and they don't have trained depth to help carry the load in the Playoff situation. Personally, I don't really care about the preseason wins and only care that the teams that I pull for, makes the playoffs. At that point, the season really begins for the Playoff ready teams, that are two and three deep, in most positions. La Grange, is a good example of a team through the years that "gains Momentum" seasonally and usually reaches optimization about playoff time.

<small>[ January 03, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>