PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Powerhouses..!

KTownBalla
11-12-2002, 11:03 PM
What teams in 3A do you think have the best offense?

Kennedale

I believe Everman's running game is truly better than Kennedale, but Kennedale does have a more effective passing game. I didn't say it was good...just more effective than Everman's.

Matthew328
11-12-2002, 11:14 PM
If it is just a numbers thing then it is Everman which leads all classes in points scored with 511...of course best offense doesn't win state..it is best team! Other really good offenses that come to mind are Kennedale, Jasper, Decatur, Burnet and Sinton...just to name a few...

nxman
11-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Jasper can be explosive on offense, especially if they get a turnover, and it doesn't seem to matter what the field position. Turnovers are mostly efective for them in the 1st half. In the second half, thet're explosive no matter what. They seem to be a second half team. I've listened to most of their games on the radio, and I think if you're in a close game with them at the end of 1st half, you're in for a very long night during the 2nd. By the way, they also have a very good defense, which noone has really talked about this year. I think Jasper definitely has the talent and the coaching to take the title this year.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-13-2002, 12:05 AM
nxman:
Jasper can be explosive on offense, especially if they get a turnover, and it doesn't seem to matter what the field position. Turnovers are mostly efective for them in the 1st half. In the second half, thet're explosive no matter what. They seem to be a second half team. I've listened to most of their games on the radio, and I think if you're in a close game with them at the end of 1st half, you're in for a very long night during the 2nd. By the way, they also have a very good defense, which noone has really talked about this year. I think Jasper definitely has the talent and the coaching to take the title this year.I agree with you. Jasper has strong offense. They can run effectively up the middle and on the outside. Also, they can hit you deep with the pass and hit you outside in the flat with the pass. The defense is much improved over last year. The line is strong and the linebackers tackle very well. The secondary is inconsistent. They bend but don't break. The coaching and "play calling" has improved since the beginning of the year. I think they have grown. We will see in the playoffs.

Emmett Lyons#7
11-13-2002, 12:30 AM
I think Wills Point has a pretty good offense also, they balance out the run with Lonnie Brumley and they pick you apart with the arm of Jake McDougle

big daddy russ
11-13-2002, 12:30 AM
sinton probably has the most explosive offense i've seen. i haven't heard of anyone slowing sinton down. aransas pass has the most efficient offense i've seen. they just keep the ball in their hands and even if they only score 21 points, their three touchdowns might have come from three eight-minute drives. depends on what you're looking for.

UnderwaterBasketweaver
11-13-2002, 09:35 AM
I think Decatur has an outstanding offense. With an excellent running attack, and a quarterback that can strike from anywhere on the field with 4-5 different receivers that can break away from most defenders.

Puppetmaster101
11-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Everman
Jasper
Sinton
Burnet
Kennedale I think are the top 5 powerhouses :D

The One
11-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Bridgeports #'s are just as good as those teams that is what makes Friday night in Coppell so special!

jason
11-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Ok, WIlls Point has a good offense against teams like Canton, Eustace, and Kemp...let's see how they against a real team and a real defense. Not teams that Forney's JV could have beat this year.

GO FORNEY

whtfbplaya
11-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Wharton has a very explosive offense at times with all scoring drives taking an ave. of 2:30 off the clock. Which is not all good if your D has to stay on the field the whole game.

BIG19
11-15-2002, 03:18 PM
whtfbplaya, you are correct, Wharton does have a good O, but how will they be tonight without their stud back? Can they overcome?

whtfbplaya
11-15-2002, 03:25 PM
You are right we are missing one of the states best runningbacks, but the good thing is we have not based our offense on just his abilitys. I would be lying if I said his backup was as good, but he is no pushover. I think he ave. 12 yards a carry in 5 dist. games on limited playing time. Our offense will score points it will come down to our d stopping them.

BIG19
11-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Good to hear, playa. Hate to see teams that are so one dimensional that something like this makes them crumble. I do know there are a few teams that will/have made the playoffs that are one dimensional, but they will probably not make it very far. Specially if they have a setback like an injury or a failed grade. Wish you the very best of luck and hope to see ya next week!