PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Jordan Shipley has arthroscopic surgery

tap_tx_sinton
10-28-2005, 04:24 PM
AUSTIN, Texas -- Longhorn redshirt freshman wide receiver Jordan Shipley (Burnet, Texas/Burnet HS) had successful arthroscopic surgery to repair cartilage in his left knee on Monday. Shipley has been sidelined for all seven games this year with a right hamstring injury. There is no timetable on his return.

Shipley, who missed the 2004 season after undergoing surgery on his left knee, sustained the hamstring injury during preseason drills and missed the Longhorns' first two games of 2005. He aggravated the hamstring injury prior to the Rice game and has missed the last five games.

"The knee's been bothering me and I haven't been able to straighten my leg out all the way," Shipley said. "If I can't straighten it out, then I can't walk, run or jump right so there's really nothing I can do to get better. It's the root of all the problems. I think the best thing for me right now was to go ahead and get it taken care of.

"My hamstring still isn't quite ready so this isn't a huge deal. I thought it would be best to get the knee taken care of so I can get better quickly. If I can get them both good, I'll be that much better in the end."