PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Cross Country (State Farm Lone Star Showdown implications)

Phil C
10-28-2005, 02:41 PM
In the Big 12 Cross Country track meet today as expected Colorado won both the men and women's competion. The UT men did well coming in second to finish ahead of the Aggies for one Long Star point. As expected the Lady Aggies finished ahead of the UT Ladies by getting seventh place to UT's eleventh place. UT has some young runners and will probably give it a better go next year. Thus the two teams split the points. Now UT leads A&M 3 to 1 with only football left in 2005. After that the next competition is swimming in 2006. Last year the Aggies had the lead going into the New Year but UT got into its' strong spring sports and caught up and passed them for good. This year UT will have the lead thanks to it's soccer team upsetting a good favored Lady Aggie team and the volleyball team sweeping the Lady Aggies which in College Station is an accomplishment. I don't expect Texas to lose this lead the rest of the year.

exbccards76'smom
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
My niece runs Cross Country for Lewisville Farmers. She is just a sophmore and is captain of the squad. Her fastest time has been 4 minutes and 12 seconds. She will be running district this weekend and regionals next weekend in Lubbock

Phil C
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Good luck to your niece and her team!

mwynn05
10-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
My niece runs Cross Country for Lewisville Farmers. She is just a sophmore and is captain of the squad. Her fastest time has been 4 minutes and 12 seconds. She will be running district this weekend and regionals next weekend in Lubbock Do you mean 14?

eagles_victory
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
In Fairfield we own our district in girls cross country.

exbccards76'smom
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Do you mean 14?

my mistake, 12 minutes, 12 seconds. Didn't mean to mess up.

exbccards76'smom
10-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Lewisville has been led most of the season by Stevi Deatrick, whose best time of the season is 12 minutes, 2 seconds. It has also had good runs from Cristina Panos and Brittni Hopkin. As a team, the girls have won one race and placed second three times this year.

This about my niece and her teammate from Lewisville. It came for the Lewisville leader.