PDA

View Full Version : Important message to all members of the 3ADL

BullFrog Dad
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Don't forget to set your alarm clocks for 2:00am Sunday morning so you can get up and turn your clocks back one hour. That's when Daylight Savings Time ends.

Bullaholic
10-28-2005, 02:00 PM
That always "kills" me for at least a week, BFDad---I never get used to that extra hour. You going to the game tonight?

injuredinmelee
10-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I* love the going backwards instead of springing forward. How many of you know people that are always at least one hour early or one hour late that very next day. I know i will have workers coming in early sunday jsut because they ae college kids and dont read the paper or watch the news.

Bullaholic
10-28-2005, 02:08 PM
There is a true story about the useage of extra time, BFDad. A movie crew was shooting on location in a 3rd World African country. On their way to the nearest town one day, they noticed an old man walking beside the road carrying a big bundle of firewood on his head. The crew stopped their jeep and had their interpreter ask the old man if he wanted a ride. The old man said, "Yes" and hopped in the jeep. A few miles down the road the old man asked the interpreter to have the jeep stopped and let him out. One of the crew asked the interpreter, "Why?" and the interpreter replied that the old man said he would arrive in town too early and he didn't know what to do with the extra time.

handNthedirt
10-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I have always been a big fan of this particular time change because it's an extra hour bellied up to the bar.

BullFrog Dad
10-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
There is a true story about the useage of extra time, BFDad. A movie crew was shooting on location in a 3rd World African country. On their way to the nearest town one day, they noticed an old man walking beside the road carrying a big bundle of firewood on his head. The crew stopped their jeep and had their interpreter ask the old man if he wanted a ride. The old man said, "Yes" and hopped in the jeep. A few miles down the road the old man asked the interpreter to have the jeep stopped and let him out. One of the crew asked the interpreter, "Why?" and the interpreter replied that the old man said he would arrive in town too early and he didn't know what to do with the extra time. LOL He could've probably used up the extra time with an appointment at the Chiropractor. Bullaholic, I won't be able to make tonight's game but it going to be a good one. Is it true that TCU will have scouts there to watch Colin Jones since he's given them a verbal commitment?

3afan
10-28-2005, 02:25 PM
i hate it getting dark so early!

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking of getting a jump on changing my clocks. If I do it now, I'll be off work in an hour. But more importantly, I will be assured of a primo seat for the game. :D

Bullaholic
10-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
LOL He could've probably used up the extra time with an appointment at the Chiropractor. Bullaholic, I won't be able to make tonight's game but it going to be a good one. Is it true that TCU will have scouts there to watch Colin Jones since he's given them a verbal commitment?

Sorry you can't be there tonight, BFDad, maybe we can meet at another game sometime. I don't know about the TCU scouts---I asked Colin's dad at lunch and he didn't know of any, but you never know with this game being in their backyard. Best of Luck, short of a win tonight, BFDad.

Phil C
10-28-2005, 02:35 PM
It doesn't really bother me at all but I just wish they would leave it one way or the other and stop changing the clocks.

EAGLETOWN
10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Don't forget to set your alarm clocks for 2:00am Sunday morning so you can get up and turn your clocks back one hour. That's when Daylight Savings Time ends.

:thinking: Here is an idea, how about I set my clocks back an hour when I go to bed that way I don't have to wake up at 2:00am. :thinking:

spiveyrat
10-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It doesn't really bother me at all but I just wish they would leave it one way or the other and stop changing the clocks.

Amen! :clap: :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
10-28-2005, 03:30 PM
yay! an extra hour to be at the club!

gobbler grad
10-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
I have always been a big fan of this particular time change because it's an extra hour bellied up to the bar.

that's what i'm talking about...:D