PDA

View Full Version : General Question

snotbubble
12-11-2002, 02:19 PM
Since it is "normal" for parents to question coaches and officials, I am curious. Is it ever appropriate for coaches to reciprocate? I mean a lot of coaches take much verbal abuse throughout the season, can the coach maintain his professionalism, role modelship, leadership, or whatever and retaliate in like fashion? Would like the opinions of those who feel strongly one way or another.

My rationale is this: I have been on this board for awhile, though I do not post much. Yesterday I had the great displeasure to see a coach rip an official on this board, in an unprovoked manner. I also happen to know that this official has a child in the athletic program of said coach. (Yes I know who you are, A.M.). As a parent, I would not want you near my child, much less trying to teach him/her the finer points of athleticism and sportsmanship. As a coach, if you worked for me you would be reprimanded at the least and fired at the most. Coaching is teaching, pure and simple. If you want to teach your charges to attack someone's character in an anonymous forum, that only teaches them to be cowards. If you want to teach them to always look for a scapegoat when their own performance may not result in success, then by all means continue to blame officials for your own coaching shortcomings. I said it before, and I will say it again, un-wad your panties and check your facts. Feel free to respond in any manner you see fit. On the board, in a private message, via e-mail....kpmtnman@hotmail.com, or in person. I am the shorter, balder, but just as mean and vicious, "brother" of the man you attacked. Bring it on.

turbostud
12-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Whoa :mad:

snotbubble
12-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Does that mean you are angry with me too, turbostud? Or did I just communicate effectively? :cool:

turbostud
12-11-2002, 05:50 PM
You communicated effectively.

sntnpirate1316
12-11-2002, 06:17 PM
i can understand it sometimes
it seems a lot of times when sinton play out of town we get bad calls
bad calls as in the coaches complained at the game and had proof it was a bad call on film

29x281
12-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Since we're throwing around Nietzsche quotes:

"Look long into the abyss, and the abyss looks into you."

snotbubble
12-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Good one. I am a big Freidrich fan! :cool:

snotbubble
12-12-2002, 01:30 AM
It ha been brought to my attention that my earlier candor may not be appropriate for this board. If you were offended and you are NOT "A.M.", then I apologize.

"A.M." I am still waiting for a response in some form or fashion. Do you need help with the big words? I will gladly engage in any arena you desire; be it words, X's and O's, or in the weightroom.