PDA

View Full Version : Final Iowa Park 35 WF Hirschi 25

GreenMonster
10-27-2005, 10:45 PM
The Hawks were flat and the Huskies weren't giving up. The better team found a way to get it done as they get caught looking forward to next week's showdown with the Graham Steers.

GreenMonster
10-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Me and Fury 900 from Vernon had a quick meet and greet and flag signing at the half. We were the only 2 to turn out though and Fury is hoping for better results tomorrow night in Graham. We were able to get a couple of pics though with Fury, myself, and one of the LittleMonsters. :D

SoulTaker_IP
10-27-2005, 10:58 PM
wow, i was hope-n for another blow out, but we'll take the W

Macarthur
10-28-2005, 09:01 AM
I wasn't able to make it so what I have heard is second hand, but I'm to understand IP played down to the competition a bit and it was an ugly type of game. Maybe you can give more insight GreenMonster?

SoulTaker_IP
10-28-2005, 09:27 AM
yea i live next door to tha monster, and he gave me almost all of it, but from what i hear, yea we didnt play to well... he can tell you more

GreenMonster
10-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I wasn't able to make it so what I have heard is second hand, but I'm to understand IP played down to the competition a bit and it was an ugly type of game. Maybe you can give more insight GreenMonster?

Big Mac this was an ugly football game. We Jumped out to an early lead and looked pretty good in doing so. Once we got ourselves up 14 things got ugly. We did a poor job of executing a very vanilla offensive scheme. Riley looked terrible throwing but I will say that the O-line didn't help that much as nearly every time he was asked to pass there was a Hirschi defender staring him in the face ( came right over the center for the most part). The backs ran hard but were stiffled by the scheme of the night which was dominated by tight packages that allowed Hirschi to put all 11 in the box. Don't get me wrong there were positives as well offensively. We were able to move the ball, just not as well as we are capable of. Kids lacked emotion and seemed to go through the motions a lot. Defensively we shut the run game down. Hirschi moved the ball by the QB dropping to pass, getting flushed out of the pocket, and running for his life. Man that kid was quick. If I was on that Hirschi sideline running the show my offense would be #11 all night long. I'd run empty backfield shotgun forcing the defense to at least look to cover the recievers and run a QB delay every snap. Kid was a player. Other than that we let one kid get behind us on a scramble by the QB for a 60+ yard TD pass and we gave up a 99 yard TD pass that we just got out athleted on. Their kid ran past our kid and the QB put it on the money. Not much you can do about that. It was a rather lackluster performance by the kids and by the Coaches who's game plan left a very vanilla taste in my mouth.

Macarthur
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, they better step it up a couple of notches because they have their work cut out for them next week.

GreenMonster
10-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, they better step it up a couple of notches because they have their work cut out for them next week.

You got that right. We are VERY capable of playing good football. Vernon found out all about that. I know that in my last post I may have sounded critical of the coaching decisions per their gameplan, but that's all they needed to do. They scored 35 points while looking terrible, staying very vanilla, inviting Hirschi to put 11 in the box, and running between the tackles all night. I believe we could have scored as many points as we wanted to score last night but Coach Ellis had an agenda of things he really wanted to work on and that is precisely what he did. I have no doubt that the Iowa Park Hawks we see next week and longer will be a different football team. A football team that has steadily improved throughout the season and is hitting on all cylinders. I can see the Hawks in the 3rd round with a real possibility of going to the Region I finals. It's almost like Ellis runs 5000 different plays out of 50 different formations during the season and keeps the ones that work and throws out the ones that do not work and then compiles his play-off play list of only the plays and formations that worked during the regular season. Not only that but his teams tend to peak once they hit the play-offs. I'm fired up about Hawk Football right now, the O-line is coming together and the defense is getting things squared away. The QB Riley is starting to settle in and the coaches are staying away from his weaknesses and putting him in more positions to succeed. Go Hawks!