PDA

View Full Version : Hempstead QB transfers to Sealy?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Word is Hempsteads coach kicked Varsity QB Glover from the team last Friday night. Also buzz around Sealy is he moved to Sealy and will play QB for Sealy this week vs Rice?
I maybe wrong but you cant play for one team this week and then play for another the next, right?
I am almost positive he is in school in Sealy this week after being kicked from the Hempstead team.
This kid is a pretty good BB player, and could help the sealy BB team.
But then will the UIL let him move for this reason, to play sports?
Anyone else hear anything on this move from Hempstead to Sealy?

Johnnypaycheck
10-27-2005, 07:36 PM
i find that hard to believe...

Boosty_Hondo
10-27-2005, 07:37 PM
i know you cant play a sport at a school for i think it is 15 days after you enroll ... we had a kid move from houston to hondo to play basketball for us hes pretty good

Haunta Yo
10-27-2005, 08:17 PM
If that's the situation, then the player moved for athletic purposes. Hempstead doesn't have to sign off on him. I doubt the district comittee will approve the move. Sealy better be careful with the situation.

Hempstead has to be one of the top turnarounds of the year though, so I won't argue with how the coach is doing it. I know most coaches don't have the courage to get rid of a cancer and it ends up hurting the team.

I think hempstead still has a shot at the playoffs. (That's a strange thing to type!) :clap: :eek: :D

CheerMom
10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
i know you cant play a sport at a school for i think it is 15 days after you enroll ... we had a kid move from houston to hondo to play basketball for us hes pretty good

The waiting period is 15 days, so if this kid did move to Sealy, he won't be playing in the game tomorrow night.

lostaussie
10-27-2005, 08:43 PM
the waiting period is 15 days for hurricane refugees. this kid better not play until next year. this is a silly thread.

Jetlag
10-28-2005, 04:03 AM
You can not participate on the varsity level in the same school year when you are transfering for athletic reasons. If I am correct, there are stipulations for seniors. This kid is not a senior. You are right, Hempstead must sign off on this kid. A cancer can't thrive in or out of a body. Remember, you can not run away from a problem, when the problem happen to be your (shadow).

LogieJoeBean001
10-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
I know most coaches don't have the courage to get rid of a cancer and it ends up hurting the team.

Amen to that! I've seen this first-hand and still don't understand it.

Dogman_1969
10-28-2005, 07:29 AM
He can't play varsity Football but will be able to play BB, Track and Baseball. Why aren't all sports the same??

scrub c
10-28-2005, 08:01 AM
well, if a Hempstead administrator checks any of the boxes on the PPF that deals with ahletic reasons or discipline reasons... He is done from varsity athletics for 365 calendar days (1year)
Pretty sure this is even if his family sells their house in Hempstead and buys a new one in Sealy.

If the form does not indicate discipline or athletics as a reason,I think it is 15 calendar days...

powerranger
10-28-2005, 08:02 AM
The Hempstead quaterback wasn't "kicked off the team!" He did walk off the field friday night in the Rice game. He left the town of hempstead for personal reasons not for "athletic reasons." He has no intentions at all of playing football at sealy! He played for the tigers this summer in 7on7. It's like his second town, he does have relatives living here. It's beter to just ask question about a situation instead of making accusations. Thanks 4 your time.

chugbug
10-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Glover walked off the field during the game with Rice, walked into the fieldhouse and got dressed. His mother even got into the confrontation with the coach. I don't blame the hempstead Head Coach for what he had to do. When the going gets tuff the old Indian ways come out.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BULLRUSH
10-28-2005, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scrub c
[B]well, if a Hempstead administrator checks any of the boxes on the PPF that deals with ahletic reasons or discipline reasons... He is done from varsity athletics for 365 calendar days (1year)
Pretty sure this is even if his family sells their house in Hempstead and buys a new one in Sealy.

Sounds right to me. Can he play sub varsity sports. I think he can. Obviously not football.

HPLJ6L
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
His first four passes vs. Rice were INTs. And he leaves the game and GETS DRESSED? Why would Sealy want this guy? How good is Hempstead for being able to win with a guy like that at the helm? They would probably be unbeaten with a real QB.

LogieJoeBean001
10-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
His first four passes vs. Rice were INTs. And he leaves the game and GETS DRESSED? Why would Sealy want this guy?

If this is true...LEAPIN' LIZARDS...leave because you're having a bad game???????? Like I said, if this were the case, then a total lack of character, responsibility to teammates, integrity, grit, heart, dedication, love of the game, and sticking it out when the going gets tough...

....but, there's always two sides to every story.

Jetlag
10-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by powerranger
The Hempstead quaterback wasn't "kicked off the team!" He did walk off the field friday night in the Rice game. He left the town of hempstead for personal reasons not for "athletic reasons." He has no intentions at all of playing football at sealy! He played for the tigers this summer in 7on7. It's like his second town, he does have relatives living here. It's beter to just ask question about a situation instead of making accusations. Thanks 4 your time.

Those "personal reasons" happen to be personally athletics. How can you put a positive spend on this one. Don't try to put a positive on a negative to help Sealy. Any coach worth his salt, can see right through this, unless he don't want to. Some people win at any cost.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2005, 05:16 PM
You say he walked off the field, and left on his own? I talked to a Hempstead coach that said he was kicked out of atheletics by the head AD.

CheerMom
10-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Okay, I'm confused. I thought the starting QB in the game against Rice was #4 Chris Tate?

left side
10-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Once and for all, the kids name is Gerry Glover,#7. Chris Tate #4 is also a qb at hempstead. The two switched in and out during the game because each of them went both ways. Glover walked off the field and left. It doesn't matter if he got kicked off or not. He's just a kid, I could see if this was a college or NFL player we were talking about, but he's a junior in high school. Have you ever thought that maybe he has been reading everything you guys type. How you one of you like to click on the internet one day and find dozens of people bad mouthing you? What he did was wrong but everybody deserves a second chance. I know your all gonna say "yea his second chance is in sealy." No, his second chance is not in sealy. The athletic program in sealy never even mentioned about letting him play football. Also, for all of you who say he moved for athletic reasons. His father, and two brothers also moved to sealy. His father had planned to move to sealy after football season was over anyway. Everbody needs to quit making up stories and just listen to the facts.

powerranger
10-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Good Post left side! But it's no use, some people just don't have anything better to do w/ their time than to write about "kids" on the internet. But what you said about Glover is correct by what I personally asked him. He was honest about everything that I asked. He told me he was just really upset with his performance that night and the coach didn't encourage him or make it any better, and that sent him over the top. I'm not saying that he was right in his actions, just that it's unfair to criticize some1 this young for their mistakes. Give the kid a break!!!

GreenMonster
10-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Word is Hempsteads coach kicked Varsity QB Glover from the team last Friday night. Also buzz around Sealy is he moved to Sealy and will play QB for Sealy this week vs Rice?
I maybe wrong but you cant play for one team this week and then play for another the next, right?
I am almost positive he is in school in Sealy this week after being kicked from the Hempstead team.
This kid is a pretty good BB player, and could help the sealy BB team.
But then will the UIL let him move for this reason, to play sports?
Anyone else hear anything on this move from Hempstead to Sealy?

Rumors and Speculation.