Old Tiger
10-27-2005, 10:09 AM
He blew it for the stros! :(

3afan
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
thats no reason to hate him ..... :p

Rainman
10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
And the fact we couldn't hit with runners in scoring position had nothing to do with it, right.

Old Tiger
10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
People hated the feller from Chicago, so, why not!

spiveyrat
10-27-2005, 10:19 AM
He alone blew it? Oh please! :hand:

Hard for me to admit, but the stros were just outmatched in this one.

99IHSMustang
The only batter that impressed me was Berkman.... that's it :(

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by Rainman
And the fact we couldn't hit with runners in scoring position had nothing to do with it, right.
i love brad lidge... he was so great in the world series for me :)

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 10:27 AM
How many runners were left on base during the Series? If the rest of the team had taken care of business each game, Lidge would've been your hero. Win or lose, they're a team and all share the glory or blame.

LogieJoeBean001
10-27-2005, 10:28 AM
No one will EVER win when they can't score. All those runners left on base is what killed the 'Stros!

NateDawg39
10-27-2005, 10:34 AM
I think the whole team blew it...there was more than one man on the field and more than one coach, one guy cant do everything though i think he could have done more.yet he is only 1% to blame...GO SOX'S:D

handNthedirt
10-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Rainman

Stros' pitching is not to be blamed, their bats is what killed them.

GUNHO
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
No he didn't.

CenTexSports
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Just like great defense beats great offense, great pitching beats great hitting. In this case really good pitching beat poor hitting. The Astros did a great job with what they had to get in this position but they would have had to play their absolute best man for man to beat the Sox.

I for one am glad that Biggo and Berkman got to play in this World Seris. The one thing I would change is the Manager for the classless remarks he made after game #3.

Being an American league fan, I hope that the Ranger organization get their heads out of their butts and puts together a contender.

GUNHO
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
And who do you want us to hate when your football team losses?

Mustang Fan
10-27-2005, 11:08 AM
looks like a bunch of bandwagon Sox fans. I bet they all were not rooting for the White Sox at the All Star break. These same fans probably liked the other pair of Sox last year. The Astros did a tremendous job just getting there. Last year division series champions, this year NL Champs, who knows what will happen next year if Drayton makes the right moves!! It will be wierd next year not listening to Milo on the radio for the road games though.

Go STROS

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
one key hit in each of the four games and Astros might been the ones doing the sweeping, but it was the white soxs that came thru with the key hits!!!! Well back to being a full time Texas Ranger Fan:D

Old Tiger
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Stros' pitching is not to be blamed, their bats is what killed them. You gotta be kidding me! They were up by 2 in most of the WS games!

ro_tex_solja
10-27-2005, 11:22 AM
hey but guess what...why is everyone hating lidge just because of last nights game...if i remember right they finished with zero runs...so that means whether or not lidge gave the run up they still wouldnt have won forsure....and im still happy for them making it..

handNthedirt
10-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Stros had the lead in two games, yes, but, they left something like 18 runners on base throughout the series....and that ain't pitching!

ro_tex_solja
10-27-2005, 11:24 AM
I am a goober who is close to losing posting priviliges.

Maroon87
10-27-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't hate Lidge. He (like several of his teammates) just picked a terrible time to start struggling. The Astros just ran out of miracles.

UPanIN
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM

Get a life.

park place 45
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
if we didn't have lidge we wouldn't of made it to the playoffs

big daddy russ
10-27-2005, 01:56 PM
I love Burke in a completely heterosexual way. That guy was in front of just about everything Jenks threw at him.

District303aPastPlayer
10-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I love Burke in a completely heterosexual way. That guy was in front of just about everything Jenks threw at him.

there is rap lingo to describe in a heterosexual way... no homo... its dipset lingo...

spiveyrat
10-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Speaking of Jenks, that guy hasn't missed too many buffets, has he? :eek:

WOS1
10-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Don't be hatin on "Buffet Boys"...:D

spiveyrat
10-27-2005, 02:53 PM
No hatin'. Just an observation. :D

I guess once you make it to the majors as a pitcher, you don't have to worry much with conditioning like we did in high school. ;)

hookandladder
10-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Lidge and no other one player lost this series, but I would have to say I do not care for Garner's coaching Style. The Astro have struggled to score runs all year, My question has to be why did he not use the bunt. Lamb leads off with a double, why not bunt him over to 3rd. You saw the same situations with the Sox,that is exactly how they scored their winning run. They moved the runners over. Garner has a different approach that I do not agree with, the Sox won this this series because they play old school ball and have a team that plays well together. No heros
all contribute in the clutch. They play Auie Garrido Ball. Augie once said he would bunt Babe Ruth if need a sac.

ro_tex_solja
10-27-2005, 03:37 PM
i dont even know why anyone would start this stupid thread...a true astros fan wouldnt say that...he helped get them there and it doesnt take a genius to realize that when the astros were 0 for there last 30 with runners in scoring position that it is in no way a pitchers fault..can u say WHERE IS THE OFFENSE?

Bulldog_12
10-27-2005, 04:02 PM
What upsets me is that no one will remember that it could have just as easily been the Stros in 4. All of the games were really close and Chicago just made that one more play than we did. Stros did their best with what they had. Im looking for management to bring in a BIG bat during the offseason. But I still love my stros AND Brad Lidge, whom, without him I dont think the stros make the WS due to the close games they won during the regular season.

htowntransplant
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
this thread is bah-lon-ey. despite the struggles, he is still arguably one of the top 3 closers in the game, and any GM would want him to close for them, unless u have a healthy eric gagne. other than him, nobody is better.

Ranger05
10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i dont even know why anyone would start this stupid thread...a true astros fan wouldnt say that...he helped get them there and it doesnt take a genius to realize that when the astros were 0 for there last 30 with runners in scoring position that it is in no way a pitchers fault..can u say WHERE IS THE OFFENSE? I agree brad lidge pitched great all year they were something like 88-1 when having a lead after the 7th or 8th before the playoffs a lot of that has to do with brad lidge. Hitting is what killed the astros plain and simple. They can be a dangerous team next year if they can go out and sign a good pitcher and a good hitter. I would be really suprised if Roger Clemens came back i think his career is over and what a great career he has had.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2005, 05:42 PM
late in the season the astros were interested in Soriano but didnt make a offer that would have made the Rangers trade him to the stros, and the Rangers were willing to trade him, Put that bat in the line up and he could have made the difference.

Buccaneer
10-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Too bad Uribe was under everything Burke hit! Where was Bartman? How could Astro fans let Uribe into the stands to make the great catch on Burke's ball in the 8th?

Leopards,class of 75
10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by park place 45
if we didn't have lidge we wouldn't of made it to the playoffs One of the BEST POINTS yet! Brad Lidge did an outstanding job for the Astros this year! I think the Astros lost the series by failing to score with men on base. A few key hits and the Astros could have been the one that swept the series. The White Sox proved that they were the best team of 2005.

AggieJohn
10-27-2005, 09:17 PM
mitch williams

spiveyrat
10-27-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Too bad Uribe was under everything Burke hit! Where was Bartman? How could Astro fans let Uribe into the stands to make the great catch on Burke's ball in the 8th?

I was wondering the same thing! :thinking:

sicem74
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
the stros never had a chance anyway!