PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Kennedale

Hitters
12-03-2001, 02:24 PM
Does anyone have a scouting report on Kennedale?

bleedgreen
12-03-2001, 09:56 PM
Kennedale has good overall team speed. They have excellent talent at the skill postions but are lacking size on the line as has always been the case through the years. They make up for size with speed and conditioning. They execute the fundamentals well and they play together as a team which I feel is their most important asset. They have a lot of self confidence and don't get excited before or during the game. They seem to be well focused. It appears the offense is well balanced. They rely on the running game but can pass short and deep with precision. The quarterback is calm, cool and collected. He doesn't make many mistakes and he runs well too. Kennedale has won all year long by outscoring the opponent....sometimes in the last minute. I'm sure Bridgeport will shred our pass defense. If Richard Barrett (coach) comes up with a good game plan on defense, Kennedale will win with all their offensive weapons. I look forward to one of the best games in 3A this weekend. Win or lose, I think someone is going to have to play Commerce. I hope it's the Wildcats.

the claw
12-03-2001, 10:48 PM
They do have a good backfield and quarterback. However I don't think they have always lacked size on the line. I haven't seen them this year but they had some big ol' boys on the o-line the last two years. Remember the guy with the tattoo? But regardless the defenses in this one will make the difference. Bridgeport shut down Hillsboro's running back which wasn't easy for many teams to do. I look for them to do the same against Kennedale. Bridgeport by a few.

Pepper
12-03-2001, 11:06 PM
bleedgreen,
I was wondering what not big is to you, the scouting report I have is that Kennedale does have alot of Big Boys, Especially on defense. I hear your really fast but a poor tackling team and this is really what has kept yall from being a great team. Is this true? I hear offensivley your a very solid team with alot of speed, that has given Bridgeport trouble this year. I know you are a primararily run the ball, how many times a game do yall normally pass?

bleedgreen
12-04-2001, 07:53 AM
refer to my comments on the topic "Bridgeport vs Kennedale" by PEPPER

FAN
12-04-2001, 11:50 AM
This has the makings to be a great game. I cant believe Bridgeport is favored by 8 points. I do think Bridgeport will win this game but it will be closer then 8 points. Bridgeports defense will be the key to this game. They have to be able to stop the run. They have been able to accomplish this in the playoffs against some tough running teams (Ballinger, Hillsboro, and Crane). Even during the season they able to stop Graham running game, its the unexpected pass that kills Bridgeport. If they can stop the run, they will win by the 8 points. Kennedale will not be able to stop the passing game. Teams have tried everything during the playoffs. Blitzes, Bridgeport will audible to the run and roll of 10 to 15 yds. Their have been teams put 7 even 8 guys back into coverage, this is when Bridgeport is most dangerous their QB just sits back in the pocket and picks the defense apart. Dont let the Bridgeport 5 losses fool you. 2 of those came against class 4A teams, 2 came against two quality 3A teams in Vernon and Graham, and the other came against the Florida Class 6A state champion. In the playoffs they really have looked unstoppable, look for them to be slowed down a bit this week but to keep winning, Bridgeport 44 Kennedale 37.