PDA

View Full Version : Tip Your Hats...

htowntransplant
10-27-2005, 01:25 AM
to BOTH the houston astros and the white sox. the white sox were quite simply a better baseball team, and they showed it because they virtually played mistake-free baseball all postseason. it helps when u have a manager like ozzie guillen who can take the postseason pressures off the minds of the players. they went out with alot of confidence and swaggert, and it payed off, as they didnt get rattled when the astros sent their top notch bullpen to the mound.

on the flip side, a tip of the hat goes to the good guys, the astros, as well for their remarkable efforts in making it out this far. it was truly amazing to see this young team bond together amidst all of the critics writing them off for dead on june 1st. many experts felt that the best the astros would do would be to make it to .500, but once again, they made a fool out of everyone (especially the houston chronicle) who didnt believe in them.

despite the loss in 4 games, i was really encouraged by the way the players handled the loss. i like the fact that they were not down and discouraged, but rather, delighted and proud of themselves to pull off what they did. the astros players all handled the loss in a classy manner, including phil garner in the postgame interview. i am looking forward to next season, and hopefully the astros can find themselves back in the world series to take care of unfinished business.

GO ASTROS AND THANKS FOR AN UNBELIEVABE 2005 SEASON. :D