PDA

View Full Version : At least the Stros made it...

injuredinmelee
10-26-2005, 11:10 PM
... which the crappy Rangers never will.

Congrts ona great season Astros fans! From 15-30 to the Big Show is an amazing feat.

mwynn05
10-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Congrts ona great season Astros fans! From 15-30 to the Big Show is an amazing feat. You're wrong all though none of us will be alive when it happens the rangers will eventually make it

AJ_2005
10-26-2005, 11:30 PM
you my team stros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
10-27-2005, 08:10 AM
It was a great season for the Astros and if they can pick up the right free agents and get a little big of effort from getting runs in they may be back next year. Even though they were swept this has to be one of the closest 4 - 0 sweeps ever because all of the games were very close. The only problem is that the Yankees and other money teams are going to go all out to destroy these teams in getting their players like they did the Marlins and Arizona. Since Chicago is in their division I look for New York to go especailly hard after Chicago. I was hoping the Astros would go all the way even though I don't claim to be a pro baseball fan. If it had been the Rangers I would have wanted them to do so to but they don't have a chance because if they ever become a contender New York and George will go after their players. The Yankees have done if for years long before any of us were born.

BTEXDAD
10-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Chicago had a "dream" post season. Got contributions from everybody. Podsednik doesn't hit homer all year, then has two in playoffs, including walk off against 'Stros. Geoff Blume hasn't batted in three weeks and hits game winning homer in 14th.
Jermaine dye has two huge seeing eye hits on good pitches. One against oswalt tuesday nite and one against lidge last night.
All the close, controversial calls went the way of Sox also.
1)The strike out that wasn't a strikeout against angels that would have sent game to extra innings and given angels chance to go up 2 games to none.
2) The "hit by pitch" by Dye that really hit his bat.

It was simply the playoff year of the white sox, just like last year's playoffs belonged to Red Sox.

and yes, it's some sour grapes, but Stros had chance to win all four games. Still can't believe they didn't win any.
At least now I can get some sleep at night and prepare for football and volleyball playoffs.

Bearkat
10-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Congrts ona great season Astros fans! From 15-30 to the Big Show is an amazing feat.

Why bring the Rangers into this? They have nothing to do with it. The astros played well this season, be happy. Of course, they were a huge dissapointment in the Series!! Is this your way of making an excuse for not showing up in the big games? Every baseball fan knows that the Rangers will continue to struggle, until they get some pithcing. With pitching, they compete for the American League Championship. Without pitching, they kick the astros a$$, and win the SILVER BOOT!!!

Old Tiger
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
blah!

Keith7
10-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Its funny how the asstros always blow it in big series, first the Silverboot series and now the World Series.. Oh well there is always next year!

BTEXDAD
10-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Its funny how the asstros always blow it in big series, first the Silverboot series and now the World Series.. Oh well there is always next year!

The silverboot series is a big series?!?!!

ej2525
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
The silverboot series is a big series?!?!!

That is a series??? :confused: :confused: