PDA

View Full Version : I have a car question..

Keith7
10-26-2005, 01:04 PM
I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, and for the past 3 nights the alarm has been going off for no reason from about 3-5 AM, and i'll go outside and stop it, but as soon as I go back inside it keeps going off.. I have found the only way to keep it from going off is to start my car and leaving running over night, now for obvious reasons I am trying to find away to fix this.. do you guys know why this could be happening?? One of my friends said it could be my battery, but during the day time my car is fine and the alarm doesn't act up.. Another friend said that the cold weather could be causing a short, but I've never heard of this happening..

Does anybody have any clue of what I should do??

Sorry this is not a 3A football thread, but its wednesday and there isn't a whole lot of football to discuss

lostaussie
10-26-2005, 01:11 PM
i think someone from the astros front office is coming up and shaking your car. then they hide in the bushes until you go back inside. :)

p.s. i hope you find someone to fix your car.

tap_tx_sinton
10-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Sorry but if i was me i would disconnect the alarm all together.
I find alarms to be nothing but a nuisance.
If there going to steal it there going to steal it.

Keith7
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by tap_tx_sinton
Sorry but if i was me i would disconnect the alarm all together.
I find alarms to be nothing but a nuisance.
If there going to steal it there going to steal it.

good point, I think that is what i'm going to end up doing.. I hated my alarm anyways it was too sensitive, if a hick in a big truck drove by it would always set it off

99IHSMustang
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
You can disconnect the battery to the car for now until you can find out what is going.

handNthedirt
10-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Alarm on a 2000 Montero Sport??? Sounds like you answered your own question.:D

SintonFan
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, and for the past 3 nights the alarm has been going off for no reason from about 3-5 AM, and i'll go outside and stop it, but as soon as I go back inside it keeps going off.. I have found the only way to keep it from going off is to start my car and leaving running over night, now for obvious reasons I am trying to find away to fix this.. do you guys know why this could be happening?? One of my friends said it could be my battery, but during the day time my car is fine and the alarm doesn't act up.. Another friend said that the cold weather could be causing a short, but I've never heard of this happening..

Does anybody have any clue of what I should do??

Sorry this is not a 3A football thread, but its tuesday and there isn't a whole lot of football to discuss
:D :thumbsup: ;)

venomous tat2
10-26-2005, 01:29 PM
If it's happening around the same time chances are there is a cat
jumping on the hood of your car, check for foot prints and if it is
your alarm is to sensitive and that can be fixed. If it's not that then you have a ghost problem (i'm lmao on that one ) couldn't
help the humor lol. :D

44INAROW
10-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Sorry this is not a 3A football thread, but its tuesday and there isn't a whole lot of football to discuss

The good news is that it is not Tuesday but it is in fact, Weds, which is one day closer to Friday :)

zeus63
10-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Check around and see if there is anyone living near you that is going to or coming from work around that time. If so, it might be another car with an alarm that has a similar frequency to yours. (Had the same thing happen to me when I was living in San Angelo.)

Keith7
10-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
The good news is that it is not Tuesday but it is in fact, Weds, which is one day closer to Friday :)

oops.. monday-thursday are always a blur to me

Buccaneer
10-26-2005, 01:38 PM
I would check for Silver Boot prints!

Keith7
10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
If it's happening around the same time chances are there is a cat
jumping on the hood of your car, check for foot prints and if it is
your alarm is to sensitive and that can be fixed. If it's not that then you have a ghost problem (i'm lmao on that one ) couldn't
help the humor lol. :D

I wish it was that simple, but when it goes off it won't stop until I start my car and leave it going..

its like I press the button to make it stop, then 5 seconds later it goes off again..

I found the dang speaker that is under my hood that the alarm comes out of.. Would it be a bad idea to take a baseball bat to it???

Keith7
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt

It was my first car and I'm very proud of it because I payed it off by myself.. its really pretty nice, its fully loaded, leather seats, sun roof, infinity sound system

Bullaholic
10-26-2005, 01:47 PM
It was my first car and I'm very proud of it because I payed it off by myself.. its really pretty nice, its fully loaded, leather seats, sun roof, infinity sound system

Got a "Leopards" decal on the back window, Keith? Seems like those things have "died off" in recent years. Wonder why?

3afan
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM

... and a busted alarm

injuredinmelee
10-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt

LMAO

Keith7
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
LMAO

you guys can laugh at it, thats cool, you can't always get what u want when your not spoiled

LogieJoeBean001
10-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i think someone from the astros front office is coming up and shaking your car. then they hide in the bushes until you go back inside. :)

p.s. i hope you find someone to fix your car.

Thanks for the laugh! I literally laughed out loud...very loudly!!!

Ranger05
10-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Keith does ur car have a lot of electronic stuff on it? The same thing happened to my moms car but it had a lot of electronic stuff on it and it was her main computer went out on her car.

sinton66
10-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Keith, it sounds like one of the sensors is malfunctioning in the night air. You can disconnect the speaker, but that might actually cause you other problems (like a dead battery the next morning). I would suggest finding the alarm box under the dash and disconecting the power to the box. There should be a red wire (or some other color other than black)with an inline fuse attached to a point in the fuse panel. You can disconnect the power to the unit by simply removing the fuse from its holder. (The inline fuse, not the one in the fuse panel).

The big cable(multi-wire) into the alarm box should remain plugged in to it. Most of them have an ignition kill circuit that goes thru the alarm box. If yours does, and you disconnect that main cable, then the ignition won't work.

Leopards,class of 75
10-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Keith, go to the dealer and ask them what it would take to fix it and ask if it's a common problem. Or maybe just ask them how to disconnect the alarm system and your problems will be over. i had the same problem on my Pont. Bonneville a few years ago and I chose to disconnect it and that was the end to my problem. Good luck Keith.

Bandera YaYa
10-26-2005, 08:10 PM
. Would it be a bad idea to take a baseball bat to it??? Uh......better check with your Texas Champions before you do that......no, wait......they can't help you swing a bat.......well, maybe they aren't too out of practice by now.... :p :D

Whiskey Tough
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
i dont know about fixin the alarm but i am pretty sure leaving your car running all night isnt the greatest idea in history. on second thought if it is a montero sport maybe insurance money is the way to go.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
If you disconnect your battery, you won't have to start the car and leave it running....If the battery is not connected, then there will be no way to power the alarm. Don't leave your car running overnight, just disconnect the battery instead and it will end the problems for the night.

rockdale80
10-26-2005, 08:25 PM
leaving a gasoline motor idle and running for an extended period of time is bad for the engine anyway.

lostaussie
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
gas must be cheap in gainesville. haaaaaa